Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
finisterra

Complete: The Chosen Commander

You might want to say a little more about the creatures that can be found inside and a little information about what they drop (lots of gems and maces).

I've personally gotten: Maces up to adamant; gems up to diamond, both cut and uncut; dust runes; earth runes; staffs of earth; earth battlestaffs; silver, iron, mithril, and adamant ore; coal; and bronze bars.

Talk with Johanhus Ulsbrecht who will tell you the location of Sigmund's H.A.M. base.

I believe that's spelled wrong.. not 100% sure though, would have to go check in-game.

nope, I'm wrong! :wub:

Edited by finisterra

@Goggie: Done.

@Simple: The grapple is built in Zanik's crossbow (or maybe she just has it in her inventory), you don't need to bring one or get one.

So it needs to be mentioned as a 'quest obtained item'. It makes no sense to mention an item needed in a quest guide and then not explain how you get it.

You don't need a grapple to be able to grapple (gah sounds redundant), you only need the crossbow. I'll find a way to write this.

@Goggie: Done.

@Simple: The grapple is built in Zanik's crossbow (or maybe she just has it in her inventory), you don't need to bring one or get one.

So it needs to be mentioned as a 'quest obtained item'. It makes no sense to mention an item needed in a quest guide and then not explain how you get it.

I'd suggest explaining that as soon as you have the crossbow, you can grapple. I did the quest with no guide, and wasted a very long time searching round and round the throne room for the grapple that the dialog suggested I needed. No other crossbow I'd ever used came with one built-in! :wub:

Go outside and talk to Torzek, and try to calm her down. Ask him some questions until she tells you that each of the children had a different meal. Each child had two different meals.

Ask the kids inside the nursery what they ate yesterday. The possible types of food are: Wall beast fingers, Crispy frog legs, Frogspawn gumbo, Green gloop soup, Frogburger, and Bat shish. Anything eaten by the kids inside can't be poisoned, so after asking all of them you'll know which two foods were poisoned. Go back to Torkez and tell her this.

One more typo - TorZEK one place, TorKEZ the other.

Stupid fingers. :ice:

The Throne Room

After the quest, the Throne Room serves as an agility course, you can jump on the statues and grapple to the throne for Agility XP.

Fast Quest Walkthrough

You might want to say a little more about the creatures that can be found inside and a little information about what they drop (lots of gems and maces).

And if possible add some more background to the images (might give the reader a bit more info about what's near the thing they need to go).

If someone could get this for me, it'd be great. If not, then I'll get them myself.

I've personally gotten: Maces up to adamant; gems up to diamond, both cut and uncut; dust runes; earth runes; staffs of earth; earth battlestaffs; silver, iron, mithril, and adamant ore; coal; and bronze bars.

Talk with Johanhus Ulsbrecht who will tell you the location of Sigmund's H.A.M. base.

I believe that's spelled wrong.. not 100% sure though, would have to go check in-game.

I'll add that. :ice:

You may want to mention the Bows new special, it hits effectively on a praying opponent if I'm not mistaken?

I'll add that. :ice:

What, that I was wrong? :wub:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I'd suggest explaining that as soon as you have the crossbow, you can grapple. I did the quest with no guide, and wasted a very long time searching round and round the throne room for the grapple that the dialog suggested I needed. No other crossbow I'd ever used came with one built-in! :wub:

Just remembered! You may want to add that if you log out while you're playing as Zanik, when you log back in you're at the portal point with Zanik, and need to talk to her & start over.

Also, when you and Zanik go from Juna to Dorgesh-Kaan, you must walk there through the caves. I happened to have a D-K teleport sphere, so I used it. The very annoying result was that Zanik came with me, but didn't recognize that we were in the city. I had to use a dialog choice which ended with her saying to meet her at Juna's cave when I was ready. She then vanished, and I had to go all the way back to Tears of Guthix and start over.

Edited by sionnach dhu

Really nice guide, Finisterra! It's full of detail, and the instructions are easy to follow -- exactly as a quest guide should be written! Great work, this will certainly make the quest easier for people! :wub:

-Accepted- :wub:

Rewards:

* 3 Quest Points

* 20,000 Agility, Thieving, and Strength XP

* Zanik's Crossbow

* Access to the Bandos throne room (speak to Oldak).

Granite Mace

It is a one-handed crush weapon which is able to train Attack, Strength and Defence. It is a common drop from the monsters in the Bandos Throne Room and alchs for 30,000gp. To access the Throne Room again, you must buy a teleport from Ordak. Some statues will come to life when you climb on them, and may drop the Granite mace when killed. The Granite mace has a special attack similar to the Granite maul.

Oldak and Ordak? Which is real - Oldak? Change it. :wub:

Congrats on the acceptance by the way. :wub:

Congrats on the acceptance by the way. :ice:

Heartily seconded! :wub:

I have a bit more info about the Bandos Throne Room if you want it (and if not I figure it might be helpful to people reading the thread for hints :wub: ):

1) The agility course gives a total of 380 xp if sucessfully completed. However, you can slip and fall from the statues, which does a fair amount of damage. Each individual statue gives only 2-4 xp. (It initially gave 600, but Jagex changed that less than 24 hours after the quest came out.)

2) The statues which come to life and are fightable are the ones surrounding the agility course. They are: level 200 Ourg (only the one to the right of the throne); level 75 Ogres; level 63 Orks; and level 50 Goblins. In addition to the items they drop, the Ourg and Ogres may drop 1,000 gp.

3) Added to possible drops: Mystic earth staffs & earth talismans.

Edited by sionnach dhu

Good job Fini, and everyone who worked on it, a very good guide :wub:

The Throne Room

After the quest, the Throne Room serves as an agility course, you can jump on the statues and grapple to the throne for Agility XP. In this rum you can also kill the statues, which drop different types of maces and gems, including the Granite mace.

Rum > Room

While im at it nice guide.

Throne room part:

After the quest, the Throne Room serves as an agility course, you can jump on the statues and grapple to the throne for Agility XP. The agility course gives a total of 380 XP if sucessfully completed. However, you can slip and fall from the statues, which does a fair amount of damage. Each individual statue gives only 2-4 xp.

sucessfully -> successfully

After the quest, the Throne Room serves as an agility course, you can jump on the statues and grapple to the throne for Agility XP.

After the quest, the Throne Room now serves as an agility, which you can jump on the statues and grapple to the throne for Agility XP.

Edited by Cake

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.