Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Hasif

Giant Mole Hunting Guide.

Giant Mole Hunting

Originally written by J D Morgan.

With special thanks to Deadazer, Psv02 and Neo Avatars.

And thanks to Iqbal.

abcd3fg.png

If you want to kill the giant mole underneath Falador park, you'll need to know a couple of things about it. This guide will tell you these things.

To start with, go and talk to Wyson the gardener, in the eastern part of Falador park. He will tell you about his garden being dug up by a mole after he bought some super ultra flora growth potion from Maglinus Mortifier. He will then ask you if you could kill the mole for you. The only hint you are given is

bigmole2ym.png

This is level of the monster you are about to deal with: giantmolelvl2co.png.

It attacks with melee, and as you can see from the level, and picture at the top, this is no ordinary mole!!

If you're going to try to kill the mole, the recommended inventory is:

- About 23 lobsters or better.

- A light, like an oil lantern ( which can be crafted ), or a candle ( which can be bought at the candle shop in Catherby ).

- A spade is a must, in order to enter the tunnels.

- Runes for magic attacks, or arrows for ranged attacks ( if you don't melee him ).

- 1 prayer potion.

- About 2 space empty, for the drops ( you can sell the drops, or give them to Wyson the gardner, in exchange for bird nests ). This is how it should look, though you can vary it to suit you:

inventory0uc.png

What you should wear is up to you, this is preffered:

Melee: meleewear6mn.png

- Full dragon, rune or a barrows set ( dharoks reccomended ). If short on money and this stuff is not available to you, use initiate.

- A legends or obsidian cape.

- an abbysal whip ( or any weapon dragon and above ).

- Amulet of glory.

- Ring of wealth.

- Rune boot's.

- Gauntlet's.

- If using sheild use either dragon square, obsidian shild or rune kiteshield.

Magic: magewear6ol.png

- Full Ahrims or full mystic.

- A legends or an obsidian cape.

- Slayer's staff.

- Prayer book.

- A ring of wealth.

- Mystic gloves.

- Infinity boots.

- An amulet of glory.

Ranged: rqngepic1ct.png

- Full dragonhide armour of any type.

- Archer helmet or robin hood hat.

- Karils bow OR magic bow OR crystal bow.

- At least 100 arrows (rune or adamantite) or around the same amount of bolts for Kharils bow.

- Amulet of glory

- Ring of wealth.

- Legends or obsidian cape.

- Boots of lightness for longer lasting energy, due to the 4kg off ( obtained from Temple of Ikov quest) or desert boots.

Here is a map of the dungeon where you find the mole, and the ways in/out.

maplabeledcopy4cb.png

The mole is in a ulti-combat area, so the first attacker will get the drop.

What kind of attack should i use??? Magic: Slayer dart, any wave ( preffer fire wave ).

Melee: A whip, or any dragon weapon or higher.

ranged: K

kharils X-bow, magic short bow or crystal short bow. Rune or adamantite arrows are recommended.

killing the mole!!

moleatacker4ns.png

Now the tougher part of it, killing the mole. You may want to wear a ring of life instead of a ring of wealth depending on your level.

When you enter the moles lair, folow the path to the middle ( to the south ), where you should find the mole. Start to attack him, and if available, use protect from melee. Just keep attacking the mole but try to have your energy above 60% as the mole digs itself into the ground, and will dig up somewhere else. It has a total of 8 different spots it digs up.

Congratulations if you've got this far!! You've killed the beast!!!

Well if you've got this far, Congratulations. When its dead pick up the drop and head back to Wyson with these two items: the moles skin: skin3nt.png and the moles claws: claw6bm.png.

Take these to Wyson and you will be given a reward. This reward is a birds nest with items to help with the farming skill inside. The claws and skin are tradeable, but if you want the farming reward keep them.

Other drops for the giant mole are: blood runes, noted yew logs, adamantite swords, strength amulets and a 100% big bone drop.

Happy mole hunting, and good luck!!!

Edited by j d morgan

ill help add me

I think psv will be able to do the map of the dungeon for you.

Can't wait for this to be completed :)

yea me either and yea psv already went there he got loads of info bout it

Here is some info I have:

I have killed the mole 17 times now and the drops are bloods, addy longsword, str ammy, and coins

100% big bone drop and claw drop, up to 4 skins. You trade the claws and skins(they are tradable from person to person) to the farmer and he gives birds nests.

claw:claw8mj.png

skin: skin2us.png

mole:

giantmole6on.png

mole6ig.png

Slayer darts spell and range works the best. Bring energy and super energy pots. Entagle spells DO NOT WORK.

Hope some of this helps any questions pm me

...oh, it also has 8 spots it always teles to when fighting

What I recomend you wearing, just my personal opp, mystical works fine as well:

clothing1bt.png

Edited by Deadazer

I think psv will be able to do the map of the dungeon for you.

Can't wait for this to be completed :)

Nah i quitted it since i'm to boring to do it.

Though i can help..

k thx guys specially deadazer itll help loads. just waitin for sal now.

0 and can anyon do a dungeon map for me??

edit: i think ill get started, coz as far as i no this is the only mole hnting guide.

Edited by j d morgan

Guest xxx remoteman xxx

Heres a map if you need itmapfally0ls.png 091;/url][/img]

the content is good, but havent you ever heard of CAPITALS?:)

im such a hypocrite seeing as im not using capitals, but its a guide so......

Since psv gave up on the dungeon map I'll do it later today.

Also with all the images you've done something strange to them (looks like you saved as JPEG's and gave them a .PNG extenaion).

Sort out the images and add capital letters then it will be possible to comment properly.

Since psv gave up on the dungeon map I'll do it later today.

Also with all the images you've done something strange to them (looks like you saved as JPEG's and gave them a .PNG extenaion).

Sort out the images and add capital letters then it will be possible to comment properly.

if you can help me with the pictures that would be good because i dont know how to sort that out.

also i need some more pics. i need 1 of the page that shows what youre wearing with : 1 with full d hide of any sort, kharils xbow, kharils xbow bolst. and 1 with full rune or better, with a dragon weapon or whip.

everything else like jewlery are optional for the pictures.

so basiccaly i need a ranged and melee version of this: magewear6ol.png with the equipment i said above.

Edited by j d morgan

If you're going to kill the giant mole underneath Falador park, you're going to want to know some facts and tips. This guide will tell you all you need to know.

To start with, go and talk to Wyson the gardener, in the eastern part of Falador park. He will ask you to get rid of the mole.

If you're going to kill the giant mole, you will want to know what to take, what to wear and what attack to use

I don't think you'll need to speek with Wyson first. I think you can just go and kill it..

And I re-written it, because the above text is a bit double. ( The two bold parts are kind off the same. )

If you want to kill the giant mole under need Falador park, you'll need to know a couple of things about it. This guide will tell you these things.
Also:
when going to kill the mole this is a recommended inventory:

you should have: about 24 lobsters or better, a light of some sort - preferably an oil lantern, runes for magic, and 1 prayer potion. also leave about 2 spaces spare to pick up the drops you will take back to wyson.

and this is what you should wear if you are going to use:

Use capitals and .'s.

If you're going to try to kill the mole, the recommended inventory is:

- About 24 lobsters or better.

- A light, like an oil lantern ( which can be crafted ), or a candle ( which can be bought at the candle shop at Catherby ).

- Runes, or arrows for magic or ranged attacks ( if you don't melee him ).

- 1 prayer potion.

- About 2 space empty, for the drops ( you can sell the drops, or give them to Wyson the gardner, in exchange for bird nests.

What you should wear is up to you, this is preffered:

Melee: N/A

Mage: clothing1bt7rr.png

- Full Ahrims.

- A legends or an obsidian cape.

- Slayer's staff.

- Prayer book.

- A ring of wealth.

- Mystic gloves.

- Infinity boots.

- An amulet of glory.

Ranged: N/A ( I'll get this. )

Edited by psv02

Great guide! You need capitals and punctuation though. Right now it doesnt look very neat because of that! Maybe after school I could help edit it or something!

~Mole

Great guide! You need capitals and punctuation though. Right now it doesnt look very neat because of that! Maybe after school I could help edit it or something!

~Mole

yeah, im at school right now, so i dont ave much time

0 and psv thanks for the help, keep it coming!!

Here is a map of the dungeon where you can find the mole, and the ways in and out.

What kind of attack should i use?

Magic: Slayer dart, any wave ( preffer fire wave ).

Melee: A whip, or any dragon weapon or higher.

Ranged: Karhils X-bow, magic short bow with rune arrows, crystal bow.

mole2dn.png

Now the tougher part of it, killing the mole. You may want to wear a ring of life instead of a ring of wealth depending on your level.

When you enter the moles lair, folow the path to the middle ( to the south ), where you should find the mole. Start to attack him, and if available, use protect from melee. Just keep attacking the mole but try to have your energy above 60% as the mole digs itself into the ground, and will dig up somewhere else. It has a total of 8 different spots it digs up.

Edited by psv02

Here is a map of the dungeon where you can find the mole, and the ways in and out.

theres no map :D are you working on it or has it not appeared???

also, should i put links to skill guides?

edit: deadazer, could you give me the codes for the two pictures of the claw and skin. if you could do it so they look 0k i would be grateful.

has anyone got the ranged gear im saying about??? i need a pic like the others of the "what you are wearing" page in your runescape character option bit at the side.

i need one of them with: full d hide (any colour), kharils bow and bolts ( at least 300), possibly ranger boots/robin hood hat, and a legends/obsidian cape with a ring of life and glory.

Edited by j d morgan

congratulations if youve got this far!! You've killed the beast!!!

Congratulations if you've got this far!! You've killed the beast!!!

You spelled you've wrong. Capitalize the C in congratulations.

Well if youve got this far, congratulations. When its dead pick up the drop and head back to Wyson with

Well if you've got this far, congratulations. When its dead pick up the drop and head back to Wyson with..

Spelled you've wrong.

Edited by Iqbal

can anyone tell me what font to put the writing in??? on the actual guides on the site it has a certain font for the title and thanks part. also is the main text in the correct font???

and can someone pleaseeee get me that ranged picture!!

I think it's arial font. O I fixed up some stuff on my above post, go see it.

kk, thanks. 0 and should i put links to the skill guides in where there is a skill mentioned. eg: crafting

I think sal does that for you, do i make it to the special thanks part :D.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.