NathsTheName

Metal Or R 'n' B?

R 'n' B or Metal  

38 members have voted

1. 1. R 'n' B or Metal?

• R 'n' B
    • Metal
  2. 2. If R 'n' B, why?

• Because it owns you and everyone else!
    • MUCH better than Metal
    • Addictive
    • Easier on the ears
    • Other (Please specify in post)
  3. 3. If Metal, why?

• R 'n' B sucks, 'nuff said
    • I <3 Metal
    • The gigs are FANTASTIC
    • Other (Please specify in post)
  4. 4. Do you agree that Metal fans are sterotyped?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, so basically i just want to know your views.

I chose two genres from completely separate ends of the scale for a reason..

Anyways, here's my answers:

R 'n' B or Metal?

Metal

if Metal, why?

All 3!

Do you agree that Metal fans are stereotyped?

Yes, Definitely

~Ice (aka Comrade Gorbachev)

I listen to both.

I listen to both.

*SYSTEM CRASH*

:'( you crashed my poll. damnation i should have programmed the possibility of a 'both' choice in the first place!

well, back to the drawing board

~Ice (AKA Comrade Gorbachev)

1) R&B, as in, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Motown stuff basically. Don't listen to it or metal very much but I like it more.

2) Because R&B has soul, something metal usually lacks.

3) Metal's cool, but yeah, didn't vote metal.

4) The majority of metal fans fit the stereotype.

This topic is fail. It just shows how idiotic fans of one genre can just slate any others just because they are different.

I'm a metal fan but why would I post a topic about it verses another genre? That's like saying experimental rock vs. classic. It doesn't work.

That aside I much prefer metal to r&b. I think metal is stereotyped far too much and most metalheads really aren't open minded like this topic displays.

I don't like RnB cuz it gets to corny and mushy which feels unfortable for some reason.

I love Metal cuz I just do. =)

Both.

I'm not a fan too many really heavy genres but lighter metal is pretty good and so are some RnB songs.

Edited by Raz

Bob Marley is a genius

Generally, I just hate bands like Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Wolfmother...

R' and B' is just way better

Also, it's calmer

I love most sub-genres of metal, such as melodic, power, death/doom, symphonic, Neo-classical, speed, folk and industrial. However, I dislike Nu metal with a passion.

I dislike modern RnB, therefore, without a doubt, I choose metal.

I just love how everytime there is a topic about 'music' then stereotypes are brought up, but not when it's about TV shows, movies or sport; it makes me laugh each time. I think they're just ridiculous, but that's another discussion on it's own.

I like them both, but recently I've been listening to RnB a bit more.

R n' b targets ignorant mainstream listeners and has little value or depth (shallow). And as a mainstream genre that takes little skill, most artists do it mostly for money.

Pretty much untrue with metal these days as, it has lost pretty much all mainstream recognition (but is finally gaining some in the last few years).

I like metal and I don't like any of those bands. Stereotyped much?

Edited by cjgone

R n' b targets ignorant mainstream listeners and has little value or depth (shallow). And as a mainstream genre that takes little skill, most artists do it mostly for money.

Pretty much untrue with metal these days as, it has lost pretty much all mainstream recognition (but is finally gaining some in the last few years).

What an ironic post.

Metal is definately better in my opinion, R n' B and a large majority of mainstream music just gets on my nerves.

I like listening to the heavier stuff that i can headbang to, and just block out the world. Also the mosh pits at the shows are awesome!

And metal fans are definately stereotyped, Im a girl whom is happy and hyperactive all the time and wears a lot of bright clothes, and when i tell people that i like Metal most of them just say "What's a nice girl like you doing listening to that crap"

Metal all the way. If you're talking about Hair Metal, Thrash, Heavy Metal, and Ozzy. He deserves his own genre.

This topic is fail. It just shows how idiotic fans of one genre can just slate any others just because they are different.

I'm a metal fan but why would I post a topic about it verses another genre? That's like saying experimental rock vs. classic. It doesn't work.

That aside I much prefer metal to r&b. I think metal is stereotyped far too much and most metalheads really aren't open minded like this topic displays.

I personally was not trying to slate any of the genres. I intended this topic to be a subtle discussion on the two genres, no intentions of discriminating against either.

PLUS i wasn't trying to make it Metal vs R'n'B, it wasn't a showdown... i just wanted people's opinions on which they preferred and why. Also, if you felt that strongly about the topic why did you bother posting because it's obviously a 'Fail'

~Ice

1) R&B, as in, The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Motown stuff basically. Don't listen to it or metal very much but I like it more.

2) Because R&B has soul, something metal usually lacks.

3) Metal's cool, but yeah, didn't vote metal.

4) The majority of metal fans fit the stereotype.

No, not a lot of metal listeners fit the aggressive alcoholic stereotype, if that's the stereotype we're talking about. :ice:

Bob Marley is a genius

R' and B' is just way better

Also, it's calmer

Metallica is basically the only metal band you listed. And what does Bob Marley have to do with this.. at all? O.o

What an ironic post.

What a convincing argument. :wub:

I love metal! I think it's a great music style. Not always as artistic, per se, but very creative. There's little noise, screaming and painfully loud things that people actually enjoy listening to, metal being one of them. :ice: For me, it's a great way to lose negative energy. I don't think I'd be nearly as energetic without it. :wub: (I do like a LOT of other genres, though)

PLUS i wasn't trying to make it Metal vs R'n'B, it wasn't a showdown... i just wanted people's opinions on which they preferred and why. Also, if you felt that strongly about the topic why did you bother posting because it's obviously a 'Fail'

~Ice

I was merely stating that it's silly to start comparing or starting wars between different genres.

R 'n' B or Metal?

Rnb

Do you agree that Metal fans are stereotyped?

Yes

I go for metal. It's catchy and fantastic. Many bands have terrific instrumentals. I don't know but there's something in the way they play that gets me hooked to them. Bands like AC/DC, Metalica, Iron Maiden and Aerosmith are epic. I barely never listen to R&B and if I do, I doubt I ever know I am. Im not the knowledgeable about the genre.

I think a stereotype help by many these days are Heavy Metal is just screaming and talk of death. Screamo music is what many usually think of when u mention Heavy Metal. Of course it's not true as not all bands play the way Death Metal does and goes to that extreme. Like the bands I said above, Heavy Metal is far more than that and it's sad to see a stereotype in which Heavy Metal fans are regarded as Satanic sex worshipers who wears black all the time.

Heavy metal is Ozzie, Rob Zombie, etc. Not much screaming in that as much.

I agree, though, metal fans are stereotyped. I don't think anyone would guess I'm a metal fan by looking at me.

This thread lacks respect towards one genre or the other, music is music.

But if i must choose i pick RnB, reason being because it was programmed into my existence.

nah but seriously i like it because i always have, i guess the only way to explain it is my soul moves with the music, where as with metal, it lacks the rhythm i yearn when it comes to music.

Another reason is i take dance classes (salsa dance mainly) as a past time, and theres not much to move my body to when it comes to metal, routines are hard to construct and piece together making the choreography impossible for me to work with the music.

I'm not a huge metal fan though to be perfectly honest infact i despise it for the most part , but i respect the music for what it is and still eat at the same table if its playing there.

On a Global scale yes i feel metal fans are stereotyped which is a sad thing really, and negative stereotypes generally cut the whole tree down due to a few rotten apples, but thats typical with most genres and styles of music, people who listen to Rap are all broke homies and cant speak english, RnB listeners are all metrosexuals (yes i am one also) and techno fans all pop 'E' 'acid' and party till dawn.

Metal heads are quite strongly stereotyped around where im from, as the part of town i grew up in was quite ghetto you could say, and the few metal heads that did roam our turf were either white supremists, or had some form of racial-ill towards other races spoiling it for the good people that did listen to metal, they just wore Iron Maiden T-shirts and had whack hairstyles, but still got slammed in the same category, basically i grew up with a strong hate for stereotyping due to this.

Anyway rants aside, music is music in the end, and i think threads like this cause trouble and friction between individuals IMO.