Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kingy

Glorious Memories Quest Guide

I'll be doing quest in few minutes,

So picture of the scary looking but also cute Yeti incoming :wub:

EDIT: And btw, at fast quest walktrough you spelled Neitiznot in correct

EDIT: Omg,, my computer got messed up during fight, failed making screenshot, very sorrry..

Bless,

~Den

Edited by Denboy

It's looking good!

I just did a proof-read, and found 1 typo:

"'Run to the south west corner and through the passageway, this is a multi combat zone you are running through and there are many yetis and goneals which will attack you with melee and ranged attacks, so remember to run and have food."

Bolded word should be "gnoeal".

Also, a) that's pretty much a run-on sentence, which makes it slightly confusing, and b) it's sort of redundant with the use of the word "run". I think I'd make it a bit clearer, something like this:

"'Turn on run, head directly to the south west corner, and go through the passageway. You will be running through a multi combat zone filled with aggressive Yetis and Gnoeals. Yetis attack with melee, and gnoeals with range, so remember to bring enough food."

I also have a suggestion about the next section:

"You will run into the level 156 Nial Swiftfling, as a Yeti. He uses ranged attacks if you are not in close proximity to him but will attack with melee when you melee him. If you attack melee style he will knock you back and hit for 15, with Range/Mage from a distance this won’t happen."

First, I think I'd specify that you find Nial after you go through the passageway. In text, it's more obvious, but with the picture inbetween, there's a slight disconnect which some people might find confusing. I think I'd say something like:

"In the next room, you will find the level 156..."

Second, I notice that nowhere in this entire section do you mention using Prayer! When running through the outer room, using either Protect From Range or Protect From Melee is useful to minimize damage. Personally I'd suggest Protect From Range, since you can dodge the Yetis' Melee attacks.

Last but not least, I found the best way for MY character to attack Nial Swiftling was up close with Melee, using Protect From Melee. He still knocked me back, but without doing any damage, and I was able to run right back and continue attacking; he never used range on me.

If I HAD used Range or Magic from a distance, I would have turned on Protect From Range.

Point being that I think it would be useful to suggest that players to pick a style, bring the needed weapons/armour FOR that style, and use the appropriate Protect prayer.

There are also two small things I'd correct in the "Fast Quest Walkthrough":

Where it says

"9. Go to the mountain camp, with Aslief's Herb Pouch and the Yeti hair, a plank, an empty vial, a pestle and mortar, 10 earth runes and 1 cosmic rune, and 1 clean irit, take a pole and go to the center of the lake."

I think you need to specify where to take the pole from:

"Go to the mountain camp, with Aslief's Herb Pouch and the Yeti hair, a plank, an empty vial, a pestle and mortar, 10 earth runes and 1 cosmic rune, and 1 clean irit, take a pole from the goat pen, and go to the center of the lake."

Where it says

"15. Talk to the King Gjuki Sorvott IV, and plead him to remove the emigration tax."

it's grammatically incorrect in two places.

1) "Talk to the King Gjuki Sorvott IV, and" is incorrect.

It needs to say either just "Talk to the King, and...", or "Talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV, and ", OR it needs another comma - "Talk to the King, Gjuki Sorvott IV, and..."

I think I'd use "Talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV", meself.

2) "...plead him to remove" is also incorrect.

The correct way to phrase it would be "plead with him to remove..."

However, IMO "plead" is inaccurate anyway; it means "beg", and that's not what your character does. I would use the word "persuade" instead:

"Talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV, and persuade him to remove the emigration tax."

Edited by sionnach dhu

Done all those suggestions, when that picture of Nial is done, then the guide is finished.

Talk to either of them, it does not matter to whom you speak since both will decline to visit as it is 'a world of trouble'. You then should go and talk to Manni to find the reasons for this.
Change the comma after "either of them" to a period and capitalize "it".

You find out Vargas, Mawnis, Nial Swiftfling, Asleif (the woman who was killed by the man in a bear suit from Mountain Daughter) and Brundt, went off adventuring but were defeated and ended up outside the Fishing Guild. Brundt and Mawnis argue with each other about the location of the tablet, Brundt suspects Mawnis of thievery and the scene ends.
In the last sentence, change the comma after "location of the tablet" to a period.

Go talk to King Vargas, he gives his memory of the story.
Instead of "he" put "who" and take out the comma.

The four adventurers will find a monster, while fighting it with his dragon long sword Prince Vargas will be hit with some sort of magic or poison. The cursed Prince Vargas has no recollection of Nial Swiftfling fighting the monster, due to him 'going off and killing himself somewhere’; at the same time he thinks Asleif did not help anyone.
In the first setence, change the comma after "find a monster" to a period and capitalize "while". Also in the first sentence, put a comma after "dragon long sword".

Go talk to Mawnis Burrowgar, he gives his memory of the story.
Instead of "he" put "who" and take out the comma.

You find out, the Gnoeal fires a green magic/goo attack at Nial, Aslief inquires if anyone is hurt and Mawnis says Vargas got a bit of it on him. Nial then turns into a yeti and attacks the Gnoeal but then continues to then attack the party as he has gone out of his mind, they flee.
Change to:

The Gnoeal fires a green magic/goo attack at Nial. Aslief inquires if anyone is and hurt and Mawnis says Vargas got a bit of it on him. Nial then turns into a yeti and attacks the Gnoeal, but then continues to attack the party as he has gone out of his mind, and they flee.

Follow the directions, you have to have a completed cave directions sheet to be able to find the cave, you will reach the polar hunting area.
Take out the comma after "directions". Change the comma after "find the cave" to a period and capitalize "you".

Keep heading north, ascend the stairs, and go to the northwest corner, where you will see footprints.
Take out the comma after "northwest corner".

Follow the footprints until you reach the large ice block; inspect them again, to get a message saying they seem to end at the ice block.
Take out the comma after "them again".

Turn on run, head directly to the south west corner, and go through the passageway.
Take out the comma after "run" and "west corner".

If you attack melee style he will knock you back and hit for 15, with Range/Mage from a distance this won’t happen.
Change the comma after "hit for 15" to a period and capitalize "with".

Near to the entrance of the ice cave there is a scrap of paper which appears to be from an adventurer going through the yeti curse.
Take out the "to" after "near".

Go to the lake shore and climb the Tall Tree, use the pole to jump across the Clump of Rocks, and use the plank on the Flat Stone to cross the final gap.
Change the comma after "Tall Tree" to a period and capitalize "use". Take out the comma after "Clump of Rocks".

She tells you to make the yeti cure potion using her Diamond root, and to take it to King Vargas.
Take out the comma after "Diamond root".

Get the empty vial and use it on the spring, use the clean irit on the vial, use the pestle and mortar on the Diamond Root 2nc19w0.gif then enchant the Diamond Root by using enchant level 4 spell, use the Enchanted Diamond Root 8whx7a.gif on the potion and finally use the Yeti Hair on the potion to make a yeti curse cure.
Change to:

Get the empty vial and use it on the spring. Use the clean irit on the vial. Use the pestle and mortar on the Diamond Root. Enchant the Diamond Root by using the enchant level 4 spell.. Use the Enchanted Diamond root on the potion. Finally, use the Yeti Hair on the potion to make a yeti curse cure.
(Add the pictures where you feel they are necessary)

Go to Brundt and talk to him about the rune, he remembers the Mysterious Mage (Baba Yaga) being with them. He will agree to go to the feast.
Change the comma after "rune" to a period and capitalize "he".

Head over to Jatizo and speak with Freygerd, Nial's fiancé, you can find her wandering east of the anvil and weapons shop.
Change the comma after "Nial's fiancé" to a period and capitalize "you".

Give Freygerd Nial's throwing axe, she will then tell you to talk to Mawnis.
Change the comma after "throwing axe" to a period and capitalize "she".

Very nice guide. :wub:

Please list my name in the Contributors list as Dr Skull. Thanks. :wub:

Thanks for that, but pleeeease can someone get a picture of nial so i can write off the guide as finished xD

Thanks for that, but pleeeease can someone get a picture of nial so i can write off the guide as finished xD

If push comes to shove all that is left is to use this one. Sorry but apparently no-one seems to have one that is a tad larger :wub:

aaa.png

Think that is about it. I would like to see this picture incorporated in the guide though :wub: (albeit G.H.W. won't like it)

paula0067.png

Lol'ed that.

Just one suggestion - don't put the pictures in the middle of the sentence - they look ugly. :wub: (Like Neo said)

Think that is about it. I would like to see this picture incorporated in the guide though :wub: (albeit G.H.W. won't like it)

paula0067.png

Lol'ed that.

Just one suggestion - don't put the pictures in the middle of the sentence - they look ugly. :wub: (Like Neo said)

Please doctor it so the text at the bottom is blue (it looks sooo much nicer!).

Also the herb pouch is just called Herb Pouchl; Asleif's name doesn't appear in it (or at least didn't when I did the quest!).

Also the herb pouch is just called Herb Pouchl; Asleif's name doesn't appear in it (or at least didn't when I did the quest!).

It's still her pouch, though, so it it's not incorrect to name it that way. :wub:

You find out, the Gnoeal fires a green magic/goo attack at Nial, Aslief inquires if anyone is hurt and Mawnis says Vargas got a bit of it on him. Nial then turns into a yeti and attacks the Gnoeal but then continues to then attack the party as he has gone out of his mind, they flee.

Change to:

The Gnoeal fires a green magic/goo attack at Nial. Aslief inquires if anyone is and hurt and Mawnis says Vargas got a bit of it on him. Nial then turns into a yeti and attacks the Gnoeal, but then continues to attack the party as he has gone out of his mind, and they flee.

There's a typo in Skull's suggestion, which I've bolded - the "and" in the middle needs to come out.

Also, the last bit is rather unclear:

" Nial then turns into a yeti and attacks the Gnoeal, but then continues to attack the party as he has gone out of his mind, and they flee."

What he actually does is KILL the Gnoeal, after which he attacks the party. Saying "he continues to attack" implies he was attacking them before that.

You could clarify it fairly easily by changing it to something like:

"Nial then turns into a yeti and attacks the Gnoeal. He kills it, but then attacks the party as he has gone out of his mind, and they flee."

Due to the need to write this guide off, i will just use simple's pic. Thanks for al the help guys.

Due to the need to write this guide off, i will just use simple's pic. Thanks for al the help guys.

Glad to help! I've actually worked professionally doing proofreading and editing for an engineering firm; much more fun to do it for fellow Sals members. :wub:

Speaking of which..... one more little typo got into the Fast Quest Walkthrough: In item 9, where you used my suggestion to specify where to get the pole, looks like your space bar stuck when you made the addition, because now it says:

"...take a pole from the goat penand.."

Edited by sionnach dhu

Really nice guide Delusional Rabbit, it looks excellent! This should definitely be a great help to people looking for a quest walkthrough - it's clear, detailed, easy to follow, and the images go well with the text as well. Great work on this guide! :wub:

-Accepted- :wub:

Fast Quest Walkthrough

1. Talk to Manni the Reveller in the Fremmenik long hall.

2. Talk to King Vargas in Miscellania OR Mawnis Burrowgar in Neitiziot .

Neitiziot = Neitiznot

Really nice guide Delusional Rabbit, it looks excellent! This should definitely be a great help to people looking for a quest walkthrough - it's clear, detailed, easy to follow, and the images go well with the text as well. Great work on this guide! :wub:

-Accepted- :wub:

Thanks Sal :ice:

2. Talk to King Vargas in Miscellania OR Mawnis Burrowgar in Neitiziot .

should be

2. Talk to King Vargas in Miscellania OR Mawnis Burrowgar in Neitiznot .

~Denboy

EDIT: Just read someone else posted that already,, my bad

Edited by Denboy

Three small typo's remained:

To start, speak to Manni the Reveller, an ale loving member of the Fremmenik council.

Fremmenik -> Fremennik

He will give you a glass of beer (not needed for quest) and will ask you to invite Mawnis Burrowgar from Neitiznot and King Vargas from Miscellania for Chieftan Brundt's birthday feast.

Chieftan -> Chieftain

1. Talk to Manni the Reveller in the Fremmenik long hall.

Fremmenik -> Fremennik

Edited by Roy

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.