Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Hasif

Prayer Help Guide

prayersymbol8qz.pngPrayer Help Guide prayersymbol8qz.png

Originally written by J D Morgan

With thanks to Neo Avatars and Simple013

This guide will help you raise your prayer quickly and, hopefully, raise your knowledge about the skill.

DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY THE AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED TO BURY!! YOU WILL NOT RAISE YOUR LEVEL OTHERWISE

Table of Contents :

- F2p prayer raising

- P2p prayer raising

- Quests for XP

- Helpful objects

The first thing is to tell you the best way to raise your prayer level.

F2p Ways of raising your prayer:

- Levels 1 - 20: Now, at your current prayer level, your combat will probably be rather low. To start with just kill men or chickens in Falador or Varrock, or collect them from the goblin house near Lumbridge. Collect all the bones that are dropped and store them. Once you have the correct amount of bones needed you can just bury them. The goblin house can be found here - goblinhouse5ps.png

The chickens near Falador can be found here - chickenfarm8lv.png

Men can be found in most places.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : 994.

- Levels 21 - 40: Now your combat should be a little higher. Depending on your combat level you could go and attack hill giants in Edgeville dungeon for big bones. I recommend 40 + combat level for this. Otherwise just continue killing men. Edgeville dungeon can be found here - edgedungeon1zg.png

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : 7279 Normal Bones, 2184 Big Bones.

- Levels 41 - 60: Now you should be at least 50 + combat. You should now kill hill giants for the best bones available to free players at a better rate, due to your combat level. You can also raise stats like : Melee , Ranged and Magic. This should raise your combat to the high 60's or low 70's.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED: 15768 Big Bones.

- levels 61 + : Firstly i suggest you take a break and raise something more relaxing like woodcutting and firemaking. When you wish return to prayer raising just stay with hill giants but they should be easier now. This should probably raise your combat to near 100.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : To level 99 you need 850713 Big Bones, but by now you should be a P2p member.

P2p ways of raising prayer

Usually if your a member your prayer will be above 20, but we will start with 1 - 20 anyway, just in case.

- Levels 1 - 20 : If you are a member and above 35 combat u can probably kill hill giants for big bones, then ectofunctus them. the guide on how to ectofunctus bones is Here. If not, just kill normal men, as mentioned in the F2P ways.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : 249 Ectofunctus Bones, 75 Ectofunctus Big Bones.

- Levels 21 - 40 : Now you will be training towards protection prayers. This will take a little longer, but using the ectofunctus will make it much quicker. Just stick with big bones and you will be done in no time.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : 546 Ectofunctus Big Bones.

- Levels 41 - 60 : Now your aiming for level 60 prayer. With this you're prayer will last longer and it is very helpful. You should now be a high enough level to either mage, range or use a halberd to kill the zogres in Ardougne zoo, or you can kill Baby Blue Dragons in Taverly dungeon.

Taverly dungeon is found here - taverlydungeon6wk.png. The best route is to go from the west bank in Falador, and then go south for a few seconds. You will reach a crumbling wall which you can climb over. Climb over it and head north - west. *Route is shown with thin white line.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : 2628 Ectofunctus Big Bones, 1971 Ectofunctus Baby Dragon Bones.

NOTE: If you want to you can kill green dragons in the wilderness or blue dragons in taverly dungeon.

You will need to ectofunctus 822 propper dragon bones.

- Levels 61 - 99 : When you have got this far, well done!!! You should now take a break and train a more relaxing skill. When you feel ready to get back to ectofunctusing bones dragon bones are a must.Also, once you have done Zogre Flesh Eaters quest you have access to Zogres. These drop 100% zogre bones and 100% ancestrial key. The bones you should bank as there is a nasty random if you bury these in the dungeon. The key opens a coffin. In these you can find a number of things (including normal zogre bones) but with regard to prayer the most important are Raurg, Fayrg and Ourg bones. Use these with ecto and you can get up to 560xp for one Ourg bone. The normal Zogre bones burry for 22.5xp (ecto 90xp). Zogres are best ranged with Ogre Composite bow and Brutal arrows. The fastest way to bank is Ring of Duelling to Castle Wars. Run back and repeat the process.

AMOUNT OF BONES NEEDED : 44308 ectofunctus dragon bones, 141786 ectofunctus Zogre bones.

NOTE : When raising your prayer in p2p it is advised to always use ectofunctus to save a lot of time, and for that matter, money.

After this congratulations on being one of the best prayers in the game!

Quests to raise your prayer experience

There are nearly 100 quests in runescape now, but for raising prayer there are a few quests to give you that extra bit of xp. These quests are:

- The Holy Grail ..... 11,000 experience.

- Spirits of the Elid ..... 8,000 experience.

- Rum Deal ..... 7,000 experience.

- Ghosts Ahoy ..... 2,400 experience - this quest also earns you an ectophial for easy teleportation to the ecto-temple.

- Mountain Daughter ..... 2,000 experience.

- Preist in Peril ..... 1,406 experience - this quest allows you to enter Morytania

- Restless Ghost ..... 1,125 experience.

- Recruitment Drive ..... 1,000 experience.

- Making History ..... 1,000 experience.

Amour and Robes that give prayer bonus'

There are many different types of armour and robes in Runescape that either look good or give a bonus of some sort. There are also robes and armour sets and even weapons that give prayer bonus'.

These are :

- Initiate armour, + 14 for full set -

- Preist robes, + 6 for full set -

- Zamorak robes, + 6 for full set -

- Monk robes, + 11 for full set -

- Druid robes, + 8 for full set -

- Shade robes, + 10 for full set -

- Fire cape, + 2 -

- All maces, ranging from + 1 for bronze to + 5 for dragon -

- Prayer books - Saradomin, Zamorak, Guthix -

- Amulets ..... Amulet of Glory, + 3 , Salve Amulet, + 4, and Diamond Amulets, + 1 -

- God symbols ..... Saradomin and Zamorak, + 8 for both -

Good Luck with getting your prayer to 99, You're going to need it!!!

Edited by j d morgan

Hey i'll help with pictures! PM me for which ones i need to take.

Edited by Iqbal

yea i'll help too

You can't "call" a guide. Guides are judged by quality, not by submission date.

-Common Sense

Now now Common, I am sure he has many wonderful ways of telling us to either bury bones, do quests or use Ecto worshipping to increase your prayer. :D

wow yuan i didnt know you believed in him so much :D

be nice and to actually have your guide on the site you have to make sure its the best out there

You can't "call" a guide. Guides are judged by quality, not by submission date.

If you want, you can PM Salmoneus with the intention of writing such a guide. If it's a competition between two guides, you'll catch a break if the quality of the guides are similar. However, if the other person's guide is clearly and significantly better than your's, like Common Sense said, it's the quality that counts. :D

I don't get all these "help guides". we already have skill guides you know? and prayer basically explains itself.

i called this guide coz im gonna start working on it as soon as i know my mole guide is 100% perfect.

its gonna say the best ways tyo train prayer to levels, the best bones to get and quests which help.

~~ j d

Needs a lot more detail if it should be added. :P

wow yuan i didnt know you believed in him so much :P

I know, I've been grumpy lately and especially yesterday because of an accident.

Anyway, my point is that it will be a rather limited guide to say this:

Do the quests which give you prayer experience as rewards.

Non-Members should acquire Big Bones and bury for fast exp.

Members should get Dragon Bones and ecto worship them for faster exp.

I am a pessimist by nature you know... ;)

wow yuan i didnt know you believed in him so much :P

I know, I've been grumpy lately and especially yesterday because of an accident.

Anyway, my point is that it will be a rather limited guide to say this:

Do the quests which give you prayer experience as rewards.

Non-Members should acquire Big Bones and bury for fast exp.

Members should get Dragon Bones and ecto worship them for faster exp.

I am a pessimist by nature you know... :)

lol ok, i was doing that anyway ;) it will be as detailed in a simple way as possible.

offtopic: not bad eh? 2 guides with a few days ;)

At low levels a good way to find Bones is in the Goblin House just East of the River Lum and North-West of the Al Karid toll gate.

Use Capital Letters.

There are quite a few spelling mistakes.

ok neo, i beleive ive sorted that out.

also, i need pictures for the armour, weapon and robes that give prayer bonus'.

everyone who helps will be thanked, only the best pictures will be accepted.

~~ J D :P

Here are some pics:

Druid

druif8xm.png

druifinventory8mb.png

[IMG=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1784/druif8xm.png]
[IMG=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3669/druifinventory8mb.png]

Priest/Shade

shadepriest4eo.png

shadepriestinventory9ss.png

[IMG=http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/8373/shadepriest4eo.png]
[IMG=http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/3605/shadepriestinventory9ss.png]

Guthix Book

guthixbookinventory6hi.png

guthixbook6xk.png

[IMG=http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7051/guthixbookinventory6hi.png]
[IMG=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3566/guthixbook6xk.png]

Glory

gloryinventory6js.png

glory0rw.png

[IMG=http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/4163/gloryinventory6js.png]
[IMG=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8821/glory0rw.png]

Monk

monkrobes7nj.png

monkiventory8nw.png

[IMG=http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4060/monkrobes7nj.png]
[IMG=http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/4518/monkiventory8nw.png]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

maybe adding the stats for prayer aromor and adding pics will help. nice guide, i like it! :blink:

EDIT:

I don't get all these "help guides". we already have skill guides you know? and prayer basically explains itself.

Help guides are kool! they also explain training methods which the skill guides dont :P

Edited by Remidox

Good Luck with getting your prayer to 99, Your going to need it!!!

Your is supposed to be "You're" or "You are". :P

Actully Jbui no. You're is short for You are which is insisting that he was doing an action. Which he wasn't. He had it correct. "Good Luck with getting your are prayer to 99, Your going to need it!!!" doesn't sound right. Oh and nice guide BTW :blink: .

Oh you bolded the wrong "your". My bad, you're correct Jbui that last "your" needs to be changed to "you're" or "you are".

Edited by Beret

Actully Jbui no. You're is short for You are which is insisting that he was doing an action. Which he wasn't. He had it correct. "Good Luck with getting your are prayer to 99, Your going to need it!!!" doesn't sound right. Oh and nice guide BTW :P .

Oh you bolded the wrong "your". My bad, you're correct Jbui that last "your" needs to be changed to "you're" or "you are".

Well as far as I can see it, the first your is allright, while the SECOND one should be you're. However, my crappy english makes me unable to write properly most of the time :P

Edit: Just realised what Beret said. Yeah the wrong your is bolded :blink:.

Edited by Patou

Guest animeboy

kool guide thanks for the help, it will help me get my prayer lvl up =D

Guide is now complete, feel free to run through for mistakes, i doubt youll find any though :P

offtopic: not bad eh? ive now done 2 guides and helped with the canoe guide within 4 days :blink:

well i think you ought to make the pcs have a transpernt back as that makes it about 10 times better (in terms of pics anyway

Guest Samster

Wow dude, this isn't a bad guide.

Not bad at all.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.