Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lambug

What Happened?

Yeh most of our community moved to "SalsCD" but most of the cool people are still here, and thats what counts.

like who

or i could so the "correct way" and say

oh really kody, can you please tell me who are the "cool" people that decided to stay, and also STOP BROWN NOSING

Yeh most of our community moved to "SalsCD" but most of the cool people are still here, and thats what counts.

like who

or i could so the "correct way" and say

oh really kody, can you please tell me who are the "cool" people that decided to stay, and also STOP BROWN NOSING

There isn't a need for that. Don't flame him.

If all your going to say is "congratulations", then there is really no point in posting. You probably don't really mean it and some people just do post "congratulations" for post count.

If all your going to say is "congratulations", then there is really no point in posting. You probably don't really mean it and some people just do post "congratulations" for post count.

The people who know nothing about clans will agree with your logic.

I do know about clans. I lead a "sals" clan before the old player vs. player wilderness closed (before you joined). Either way, it doesn't really matter if I knew anything about clans or not. If your going to say congratulations, then you might aswell add something.

What is the point in just saying "congratulations"? You obviously don't mean it if all your going to post is grats ______.

Edit: I lead an organized 90+ clan with a decent amount of members (if I say the number, people might think I'm trying to show off mediocre achievements) and if there was an official sals list at the time, it would have been on it. So think about that before you think this:

Sobend, maybe when you lead a clan that has more than 10 members and doesn't have 50+ requirements your opinion will mean something, but until then I advice you to stay out of this, you know nothing.

I may not be as experienced in clanning as some of you who have been doing so since Runescape Classic, but I know just as much as some others who are saying that I have none. Saying that my argument is invalid because I have no clan experience or your clan experience is far superior to mine is acually quite an invalid argument. Anyway, there was a point in my life in which I knew nothing about clanning or Runescape at all and I would reply the exact same way to this argument, so it really doesn't have anything to do with clans.

Edited by Sobend

I do know about clans. I lead a "sals" clan before the old player vs. player wilderness closed (before you joined). Either way, it doesn't really matter if I knew anything about clans or not. If your going to say congratulations, then you might aswell add something.

What is the point in just saying "congratulations"? You obviously don't mean it if all your going to post is grats ______.

Lolz at you.

Sals blows end of story some people have lingered here for reasons im un-aware of either go to salscd or rsc, there is nothing left here.

Power Corrupts.

I refer you to my previous post, asking how you actually respond to people when they talk to you normally.

I refer you to my previous post, asking how you actually respond to people when they talk to you normally.

I took his post as saying to me "You don't know anything about the subject, so your argument is irrelevant." I'm also pretty sure that's the way he meant it. I couldn't find your previous post in this thread, sorry :wub:.

Anyway, I'm going to stop posting in this topic because I fear I'll get a warn if I reply to my arguments. :wub: But I'll stick with my stance, if you really cared about the victory, you would write more than just "grats (insert clan name)." So only posting a few meaningless words to increase your post count in my opinion and the moderator's opinion is spam. Although I think there should be a few warnings before punishments, I think that people should generally elaborate more if they want to reply to war/run-in victory topics.

I'm not trying to be a wanna-be moderator, it's just that I think people are overreacting. If I wanted to be a moderator, I would be too busy to post here and I would be submitting items into the item database :ice:. Also, I'm defending the forum that I've been a member of for a long time.

Edited by Sobend

I took his post as saying to me "You don't know anything about the subject, so your argument is irrelevant." I'm also pretty sure that's the way he meant it. I couldn't find your previous post in this thread, sorry :wub:.

Anyway, I'm going to stop posting in this topic because I fear I'll get a warn if I reply to my arguments. :wub: But I'll stick with my stance, if you really cared about the victory, you would write more than just "grats (insert clan name)." So only posting a few meaningless words to increase your post count in my opinion and the moderator's opinion is spam. Although I think there should be a few warnings before punishments, I think that people should generally elaborate more if they want to reply to war/run-in victory topics.

I have been won over by your arguement, and am proceeding to report every post which has no more relevence then posting "congratulations".

Done about 50 so far.

I hope the mods do the right thing and ban all those people with a blatent disregard for the rules.

Edited by Lol As U Die

I hardly see how adding something like (in total) "Congrats clan. This looked like a close fight that came down to the wire. Good effort by other clan" is an inconvenience and would force you to leave a forum. I don't care if you think that I don't know about this subject because if it were true (it is not) it wouldn't matter.

I know when someone tells you in person that your team won, you'd simply say "congratulations" as it is the expected you answer, whether you have anything more to say or not. However, the same rules do not apply in an online forum and that comparison should not be made.

Regardless, I hope you ended happy. I visited your forum and it looks relatively stable, considering that people aren't discussing books.

Edited by Shooter585

I've been posting here for awhile now and a lot of times I say Gratz Clanname... I am now going through and reporting myself

Edited by -Trevor-

Not to do any flaming, but im not surprised that there "king" is 15 years old. Hes makng some of the most biased decisions i've ever seen, and thats pathetic.

My name is Alex Hugi and I live in Perth, Western Australia. My life revolves around music, sport, friends and being a dick head. I'm not the sort of dick head were I'm just annoying in general, I just have grudges against those who look or say something about me in a bad way. I'm easy to get a long with but also very easy to get along bad with. I like being a twat in general and having fun so if I post something a little retarded it does reflect me in real life its nothing to do with maturity. I try to be as creative as possible
Edited by Masterofallz

Who are all these no naming Sals wanna be mod butt kissers posting here. They know nothing about clans so they shouldn't be trying to tell us whats right and wrong when clearly they dont know it themselves...

Sobend, maybe when you lead a clan that has more than 10 members and doesn't have 50+ requirements your opinion will mean something, but until then I advice you to stay out of this, you know nothing.

It doesn't matter anymore, anyone who gave a damn about clanning knew the mods have ruined this place and have gone over to SalsCD.com and the people who stayed here (Kody and Christ0pher) are people who were originally supporting the cause but later found out their butt kissing here didn't carry over there and they didn't get their ranks they were hoping for.

I posted there, but only because of the clan activity there. There's no actual rules, it's run by Blade V1per and Sarge Alex who let's be honest are immature as hell and only mature when it suits them, I say that because you can't go around letting people swear all the time when it's offensive to others, making remarks about people being "retards" and having a major bias in that anything about Syndicate is allowed to be posted, but if it were about Exodus then we all know it would be closed as soon as a mod looked at it.

I posted there, but only because of the clan activity there. There's no actual rules, it's run by Blade V1per and Sarge Alex who let's be honest are immature as hell and only mature when it suits them, I say that because you can't go around letting people swear all the time when it's offensive to others, making remarks about people being "retards" and having a major bias in that anything about Syndicate is allowed to be posted, but if it were about Exodus then we all know it would be closed as soon as a mod looked at it.

And yet its still better than what we have here...

Notice that you're the only one saying this...

Because everyone else who was saying it has left.

It's better because of the clan activity there, not those in charge of the forums.

Who are all these no naming Sals wanna be mod butt kissers posting here. They know nothing about clans so they shouldn't be trying to tell us whats right and wrong when clearly they dont know it themselves...

I'm no wannabe mod "butt kisser." If I was offered any position on this forum I would decline it. I'm giving my opinion, and it's not one without arguments behind it.

Sals clans hardly started several months ago when you joined. Sobend's clan died in 2007. It was not a bad clan. Sals clans overall were much weaker then, but his would have still competed if it was alive today.

For some real information, it was 90+ and brought at most ~100 opts (that is, 1 person per 3 options, as it was in the old wild). I was in this for my own credibility.

Anyway, this matter is not one of experience in clans, anyone can say congratulations. This is a logic based argument. I'm not going to bother arguing again because this is a topic that has already served it's purpose.

@Demon4949 in later post

In my post, I defended Sobend who you falsely accused. Whether or not you were in a bigger clan, there would be nothing you know in contrast to Sobend or I. I included the options thing to avoid confusion, I wasn't worried you didn't know that there were 3 opts/person (I've seen people confuse the it).

Maybe you were in a bigger clan, but do not ignore the crux of the argument! I said this time and said before that it doesn't matter whether or not you are in a clan, this is a logic based argument.

Edited by Shooter585

Well, good for them then. There are still alot of posts being made a minute, so I am not worried.

We all moved to saslCD. I don't get why you think its Biased in any way Chris. No one goes around deleting post or banning people for no reason. And there's mods from every clan. Sals got Nazi like with its restrictions I mean week long bans for a 2 word post just isn't helping ANYTHING. I'm pretty sure someone will edit this as well and probably slap on another warn or suspension. I don't honestly care anymore I though sals was a great place with a better CD then RSC for the fact that it was more tight nit and didn't have over 30 clans on it. But its gone now. As you can tell none of the clans care about it anymore that are anything that used to post here. SalsCD is slightly bigger but its a lot more updated it just overall takes what I thought this forum could be and did it. No its not perfect and there are small issues but everyone gets along on salsCD and we take care of any issue that pops up.

This will be my last post on sals for a while unless someone comments on this one and I find it fit to reply. Peace~

Edited by Jimmy_EO

Aw you beat me too it

Well, good for them then. There are still alot of posts being made a minute, so I am not worried.

In the Cd Forums? Are we looking at the SAME Clan Discussion forums? Most of the topics on the top page of this forum have less than 10 replies, Theres war topics from a week ago still on the front page, and i'm seeing a few topics with 0 or 1 post.

I'm not sure if you noticed the 150 or so people who left this section of the forum in the past 2 weeks, I believe they would say the same if they were still posting here....

It's better because of the clan activity there, not those in charge of the forums.

I disagree, I don't think you would get a ban there if you posted 'Grats Exodus.' I don't think you would receive a ban there for commenting on someone elses top list. Its impossible to have a completely unbiased community, but with multiple moderators from various backgrounds crosschecking eachother whenever possible we are damn close to having an unbiased community. Sure one specific person may preform a biased action, but they are always corrected... Thats a lot more than I could say about this current forum...

I'm going over the rules here and it states if you show a good behavior for a certain length of time you will have warn levels deducted... I wonder when they plan on implementing this rule.

SalsCD definitely gives clanners the freedom they have been asking for, but while still maintaining a controlled environment... It appears they did what this forum could not, find a balance between the two.

I'm no wannabe mod "butt kisser." If I was offered any position on this forum I would decline it. I'm giving my opinion, and it's not one without arguments behind it.

Sals clans hardly started several months ago when you joined. Sobend's clan died in 2007. It was not a bad clan. Sals clans overall were much weaker then, but his would have still competed if it was alive today.

For some real information, it was 90+ and brought at most ~100 opts (that is, 1 person per 3 options, as it was in the old wild). I was in this for my own credibility.

Anyway, this matter is not one of experience in clans, anyone can say congratulations. This is a logic based argument. I'm not going to bother arguing again because this is a topic that has already served it's purpose.

Actually I've been on Sals since the later Spring / Early Summer of 2005 when I opened my first Sals clan, but I lost the password to that acc long ago. And yes I know that 3 options = 1 person, if you'd read some of my other topics in this section (the one currently right below this one) you will see that I am in a much more massive and advanced clan than you were in. Please do not try to argue about clans with me, I have been clanning for much longer and I'm sure I have experienced much much more.

I'm going over the rules here and it states if you show a good behavior for a certain length of time you will have warn levels deducted... I wonder when they plan on implementing this rule.

You may want to read the complete rule, especially the part that I bolded and underlined:

Decreasing Your Warn Level:

Over time, your warn level can be decreased. If you make useful and helpful posts, the moderators will notice and will reward you by lowering your warn level. After at least a month (30 days), if you believe that you deserve a warn reduction, send a message to any staff member so that we can review your posts and make a decision to lower your warn level or not. You can not ask for a negative (below zero) warn level!

If you feel that you can get one, then just PM any of the mods. And yes, we do deduct warn levels. Actually, I've deducted the warn level of at least 4 persons this week.

Drammmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh, sorry almost forgot.

I am very ashamed to see all of the bashing going on in this quite interesting forum thread. It would fancy me to be able to partake in an actual discussion instead of a thread filled with constant bickering. Also, I would like to congratulate any fans of the Boston Celtics on a hard earned win versus the Philadelphia 76ers. It was a hard fought game, back and forth. The last second shot that was missed by the 76ers was a heart breaker for any 76ers fan.

So, how's everyone's week going?

Victory solution! Stop playing RuneScape.