Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dudedogdude

One Large Step To Avoid Hacking.

Okay, so lets say, you REALLY want to avoid getting hacked, well just click security options in the options menu and you will be given these choices to choose from as extra security. You can do all three, or you can do two, or you can do none of them and keep it as it is.

Option one: Email needed to log-on

Okay, unless you have a keylogger, this one would be hard for a hacker to guess. If this option is turned on, basicly you type your Username, Password, and Email.

Option Two: Secret question.

This would be great, unless you have a keylogger. Simalar to recoveries, accept works differently.

You can set five questions of your choice, and you can write an answer. If this option is turned on, it will randomly choose one of the five you may have wirrten down, and you must answer it.

Example: What is 5+5? 11. The answer is wrong, but the answer, or question, is something only YOU know. So you can put the wrong answer.

And option 3: i know, another pin.

This pin, which would be safe against keyloggers, is a set pin, including letters, and can be anything.

You can mix and match which options to turn on, but if you want to be VERY safe, heres how it would work.

Username

Password

Email

Secret answer

Pin.

Might take longe, but in the long run, will be a much smarter choice.

I don't know the chances of this happening, but support or dont.

Keep in mind, this is COMPLETLEY OPTIONAL, so dont not support because you think its stupid having to go through all that.

I suggested this because to many random people get hacked, even if there really safe with there account.

So what, something like this? (I added a 4th option)

rssecurityi.png

*Clicking "toggle the on-screen keyboard" would make a window like the bank PIN one show up.

**To set these features, it could be when the user clicks the "checkbox" on the account security list a window appears, or it could be on RuneScape.com

***For the alt.username, the user would type in the password to "authenticate" it with a certain account.

Edited by Skeleton

I'm not sure how this will work, keyloggers copy all key strokes including letters, numbers, and special keys. Wouldn't it be easier having a bank pin and security questions?

Not sure how many people would use this - there are so many people that get "hacked" that don't have a bank pin set. I'm also not sure how this would prevent someones account from being compromised (except for the PIN which would possibly prevent keylogging). All three wouldn't be immune to people willingly giving away their login details then loosing items, or from a phishing site asking for login details.

I don't think too many people are "hacked" that are very careful - most can be prevented by not sharing your account, watching what you download and watching what sites you visit.

Before each time we log in? It's too much of a hassle, no offense. No Support, although I love your enthusiasm in wanting to prevent hacks.

Edited by xP SoNew27 xP

Before each time we log in? It's too much of a hassle, no offense. No Support, although I love your enthusiasm in wanting to prevent hacks.

Like he said, it's optional. Does a keylogger copy the mouse strokes too? If not, then maybe you could have a pin, that you must click on with your mouse, like when typing a bank pin.

It would be a good idea, but keyloggers could still gain all of the above info. You are typing it all, and the only thing that probably would work is the PIN, in which you would have to click on the correct numbers.

Sorry, no support.

but keyloggers only record keyboard strokes, not mouse clicks. so what if there was an on-screen keyboard that you click to enter your pass and pins, and all of the other stuff.

I think the on screen keyboard for a login is the only thing we really need to make accounts hacker - proof.

i would love to put an end to these sad hackors who hack for just a game??? account

sadly this would be ineffective since keyloggers can bypass this

here's a totally noobish idea..... ummm how about don't share accounts.... don't visit websites offering free anything for RS.... and keep your antivirus up-to-date, also install windows defender. This would almost totaly eliminate being hacked........ In my own personal experience, the people that hae been hacked were in violation of one or more of Jagex rules, maybe this is a punishment.... lol soz no support

If you REALLY want to avoid being hacked, you don't give away your password or recoveries, you don't make your password or recoveries easy to guess, and you don't go around downloading things you don't know about.

Maybe instead of trying to find ways to make the keylogger confused, can't jagex make an inbuild keylogger-scanner for their logins?