Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muttmuttinthebutt

Retiring From Sals Forums

You have to make posts for a warn review. Just read over the rules again. It clearly states in the rules that you are supposed to just report a topic and move on rather than posting to tell them it is against the rules.

I could post you several links where a person has said why the topics were against the rules and got away scot-free.

PM me the links/report them (do not post them please) and they'll be warned. Anyway, how do you know that they weren't warned?

<<<<<<< Because I do it frequently, RS Suggestions anyone?

So why haven't ppl who do that gotten warns? It is hopelessly biased, makes no sense as a rule, and it seems like this forum is oddly warn-happy

4 months on sals- 4 warns

4 years on runescape- 4 warns

Odd isn't it? The mods need to step back and look at the grand scheme of things. Is it worth a warn telling them why it is against the rules? Anyhow, the mod I pmed agreed with the mod who warned me so, this is my last post. See you in a month sals.

You have to make posts for a warn review. Just read over the rules again. It clearly states in the rules that you are supposed to just report a topic and move on rather than posting to tell them it is against the rules.

I could post you several links where a person has said why the topics were against the rules and got away scot-free.

PM me the links/report them (do not post them please) and they'll be warned. Anyway, how do you know that they weren't warned?

<<<<<<< Because I do it frequently, RS Suggestions anyone?

So why haven't ppl who do that gotten warns? It is hopelessly biased, makes no sense as a rule, and it seems like this forum is oddly warn-happy

Odd isn't it? The mods need to step back and look at the grand scheme of things. Is it worth a warn telling them why it is against the rules? Anyhow, the mod I pmed agreed with the mod who warned me so, this is my last post. See you in a month sals.

Don't worry, as soon as you become popular you'll never get warns and yuo cna get warn reviews whenever you want, trust me its happened to me :wub:

Why else do yuo think theres a donate button :wub:

Once again, what is the point of 1) Quitting, 2) Returning in a month? You can't get that warn review. You need posts for those. You will come back to the same site, with the same account, with the same warns...

Once again, what is the point of 1) Quitting, 2) Returning in a month? You can't get that warn review. You need posts for those. You will come back to the same site, with the same account, with the same warns...

What am I to do then? It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't. I've refrained from making ANY posts I thought were against the rules, and look at where that got me.

It's very easy for a person with -1 warns to defend the rules :wub:

no offense, but your digging yourself into a dark, black hole...

you'll be more prone to warns if you keep on saying they're crappy....

-raz0rblade

It's simple. Use the report button instead of telling people they're breaking the rules. Post when you have something to add to the discussion. Leave the closing of discussions to the mods, unless you're the OP. Maybe you should take a break anyway just to cool off a bit. Maybe when you return, you'll act differently and then can decrease your warnings over time.

why the flip would he get warned for that.....

-raz0rblade

For telling someone why their topic was against the rules.

Edited by Muttdog

dont say why you got warned, mods i recimmend you snip

-raz0rblade

That makes the mods sound like they want to hide it, since they know it was wrong to warn me about that.

He also added stuff about answering the questions. Suppose that balances it.

What am I to do then? It's like damned if you do, damned if you don't. I've refrained from making ANY posts I thought were against the rules, and look at where that got me.

It's very easy for a person with -1 warns to defend the rules :wub:

1) Just read the rules. You don't have to memorize them or anything, but it still helps to at least read them once all the way through.

2) Just because I have -1 doesn't mean I don't know how you feel. I've had positive warns before. I read the rules a few times and have become familiar with them. That's why I haven't broken any rules since then.

That makes the mods sound like they want to hide it, since they know it was wrong to warn me about that.

1) It says in the rules that you shouldn't release info from your warn log.

2) It says clearly in the rules to report the post and move on rather than post.

I edited my post, but why can't you release info from your warn log? Is it because they think everyone who isn't some sort of mod on sals will agree that it was unjust?

EDIT: Made a topic about this in the other feedback. No need to post the answers to this question here :wub:

Edited by Muttdog

:wub:

Read the rules and have fun :wub:

See you in runescape. Bye.