Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ootachi

Drop Potential: How To Get It And How To Use It.

You can also stand around on a single tile, such as the entrance to Baxtorian Falls, as shown in the picture below. As nobody can stand next to you, only on top of you, you can't be attacked.

All the other 1-space rooms/areas were removed because they were bug abuse, how about you don't try to make people break the rules?

Well, sorry if I didn't know it was against the rules. It's not even a bug, it's the combat mechanics.

Removed it anyway.

Thanks for the pic Mano.

I'm nto sure how right this is but couldn't you also stand in instanted palces, like quest areas only you can acsess?

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the chaos tunnels, not many people go there in PvP.

I used to say the same thing, I'd just moved there after being attacked in ct. I've been attacked many times there recently, I would say it's easier to get too as well - you need whatever it is for the chain to get there, and I can see you coming easier than with the portals - especially random teleporter thingy.

Seems like this would be a useful guide. You might want to add that fletching arrows is good for potential, as they stack so you can hide in a hotszone instead of using a bank.

I'm nto sure how right this is but couldn't you also stand in instanted palces, like quest areas only you can acsess?

I mentioned the Myths of the White Lands caves. Know any more?

Seems like this would be a useful guide. You might want to add that fletching arrows is good for potential, as they stack so you can hide in a hotszone instead of using a bank.

Thanks, added.

Woodcutting Pvp pic:

090503105218.png

Private/Public off is best for pics.

I'm Pking Atm, so any Pics I should get for you guys?

Thanks for those.

Nacho, we only really need pics of skilling in PvP worlds.

Edited by Poke

Guys, I seriously need some more pictures.

I have my exams next week so I'm going to be really inactive.

Look on the front page for all the skills you can gain drop potential in, and take screenshots of the ones that don't have pictures below them. Make sure you show the level range in each skill, to prove they're in PvP.

You might want to note that if you do brews and fight with bronze and whatnot, you need to stop every once in awhile an re-attack. Jagex made an update so that if you and your opponent do not damage each other for a long time, others can attack you.

Edit: ALWAYS CARRY A DRAGON SPEAR. ;) Those things are great. Keep it on special and auto-retaliate so when they come to attack you, you'll stun them and get some time too move. That's what I do. :lol:

Edited by Doomsicle

You might want to note that if you do brews and fight with bronze and whatnot, you need to stop every once in awhile an re-attack. Jagex made an update so that if you and your opponent do not damage each other for a long time, others can attack you.

Edit: ALWAYS CARRY A DRAGON SPEAR. ;) Those things are great. Keep it on special and auto-retaliate so when they come to attack you, you'll stun them and get some time too move. That's what I do. :lol:

For f2p, add that you should bring binds.

Bind and run, maybe Tele.

Nice Work poke! I am using it like a guide anyways, alot of interesting things, for I am horrible at pvp, people cry fo rthe old wildy back, i was there I remember what it was like (I either died or went with friends and got very little out of it).

Crafting

Crafting isn't very popular to train, PvP or safe world. You can buy tanned dragonhide or leather, and craft them at an unsafe bank.

I'm not 100% sure about this...but i think that you can go to craftique guild, kill cows, tan them upstairs, craft them, and drop. You only need to check if crafting guild is a safe spot in PvP world.

Also, it would be very nice to get a full list of non-safe banks separated between f2p and p2p

Other that that , its a great guide ;)

If you took the time to read this link, maybe you could change your figures, as its 75k+ and 25k, also there is a long of information there that's useful.

be aware that noted items do not count towards this value.

Edit:

Just replying on a few posts in the topic.

- Binding in F2P to try to get away isn't really the best idea since you shouldn't be standing in a hotzone in good mage attack armour as its very weak. In f2p, there really isn't any excuse why you should die unless your in multi or are a pure. ;)

- Doom's idea is very ingenious indeed I really recommend it gets mentioned.

Also I'll try to get some pictures/screenies for the guide its really quite good.

Edited by Spectre

If you took the time to read this link, maybe you could change your figures, as its 75k+ and 25k, also there is a long of information there that's useful.

be aware that noted items do not count towards this value.

Hardly anybody brings 75k. ;)

I'm not doing this by the book, I'm doing it by the way players have established it.

If you are worried about getting hit or dieing,

You might wanna say dying. ;)

This is a great and informative guide. I didn't know what this whole Drop Potential was before I read this. You made it very clear and comprehensive. Good Job.

Edited by Redicaluss Gen4

If you are worried about getting hit or dieing,

You might wanna say dying. ;)

This is a great and informative guide. I didn't know what this whole Drop Potential was before I read this. You made it very clear and comprehensive. Good Job.

Thanks for the feedback and compliment. :lol:

The pictures of each skill aren't compulsory, they just look nice and fortify the ideas. This is ready if you want it to be.

Edited by Poke

I don't know if people would prefer more images or not (especially for the skill parts) but I think it's fine. If you want me to take some screenshots for it I'd be happy to ;) (I just have to get off work first lol These people work their interns hard)

Wow, this is a very interesting and well-written guide (and a unique topic for a guide too!), and I'm sure it will come in quite handy to PvPers! Really nice work, Poke! ;)

-Accepted- :eyebrows:

Good spots for....

Mining would either be the Lunar Isle Essence Mines (if you can summon Abysal Titans) or the Coal Trucks West of McGrubbor's Woods, for Farming you would use Imps in a Box or a Pak Yak and it's Scroll to transport crop notes to the bank, for firemaking, you could chop the Cursed Willow Roots inside the Spirit Realm and burn them in bunches at the nearby firepits. (unsure if it counts as unsafe yet no players can see you) Thieving can be done easally upstairs inside Ardougne Castle, there you can pickpocket the paladins and for a quick escape, picklock and check the chest nearby for traps you should get teleported somewhere near Witchaven.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.