Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irradiated Moth

I Am Sooooo Behind The Times...

It's been a ridiculously long time since I last played runescape. I took a break that turned into a long nap, so now there is a ridiculous amount of thing I need to figure out... hoo boy, I swear I saw a dragon pickaxe this morning. Could someone, in a nutshell, tell me what I should think about investing in, if there's any new quests I should do?

That Dragon Pickaxe you may have saw could've been an Inferno Adze.

There's a GE to buy and Sell items.

10K is the trade limit max for f2p.

RC Guild with mini game.

Fist of Guthix (FoG)

There are a few new dragon items out there worth looking at as well as some other sweet high level items. First I'd do "When Guthix Sleeps", possibly the best quest in runescape both in rewards and plot line. Then check out dragon claws and the dragon platebody (no quests required!). After that I'd try some of the new minigames and PvP options. If you are f2p I'd go to Great Orb Project providing you have 50 rc, its a great minigame. Also check out clan wars and PvP worlds. PvP worlds are worlds where you can fight everywhere but banks with wilderness like rules. Drops include corrupt dragon items for f2p and weapons with lvl 78 reqs for members. All of these items degrade.

Thats about it.

Edited by The Who?

There are a few new dragon items out there worth looking at as well as some other sweet high level items. First I'd do "When Guthix Sleeps", possibly the best quest in runescape both in rewards and plot line. Then check out dragon claws and the dragon plat (no quests required!). After that I'd try some of the new minigames and PvP options. If you are f2p I'd go to Great Orb Project providing you have 50 rc, its a great minigame. Also check out clan wars and PvP worlds. PvP worlds are worlds where you can fight everywhere but banks with wilderness like rules. Drops include corrupt dragon items for f2p and weapons with lvl 78 reqs for members. All of these items degrade.

Thats about it.

Thank you.

there are special items from stealing creations and from pvp that are pretty neat but since i'm not member

i dont really know how good they are i just know that they look pretty good

there's d plate and d darts and d claws and d full helm now.

there are special items from stealing creations and from pvp that are pretty neat but since i'm not member

i dont really know how good they are i just know that they look pretty good

there's d plate and d darts and d claws and d full helm now.

Uhh...dragon darts and full helm have been around for as long as I've been actually looking at updates as they came out. That was sometime in early 2007.

Anyway, in addition to what other people said, I don't know how long you've been gone, but you may or may not know that PvP was removed from the wilderness to eliminate RWT (and, inderectly, bots) and replaced it with Fist of Guthix and Bounty Hunter. After a while, PvP worlds were added, where you can attack anyone nearly anywhere on the RuneScape map. Just don't try Lumbridge, if you're a serious PKer, that's where all the 1-itemers hang out. Then Jagex disabled Bounty Hunter because RWT was still occurring there. However, Jagex has completely redesigned Bounty Hunter to cover the whole old wilderness, be very similar to the old method of PKing, but still have little to no possibility of RWT occuring. I've heard that development on this is done, and it's in testing now.

They also came out with Soul Wars, the only minigame I really think isn't a whole lot of fun. It's unbelievably laggy, the people there are generally jerks, and it's nearly impossible to be of any use in the game unless you're at least level 100, preferably level 120+ combat. And if there's even one level 136 in there, you know which side's going to win. They came out with Stealing Creation, though, which is a whole lot more fun, and a perfect place to test new Ancients spells. :wub:

Behind the Scenes has been removed, to allow for more flexibility and quality of updates, and were replaced with occasional diaries. RuneScape also got a Facebook, a Live Journal account, and one other thing I can't remember, all to communicate with members more. Sorry I don't have links, though, I don't visit them very often...

This year is Jagex's year for small updates and bug squashes, such as a "You Are Here" arrow on the world map, so whenever a headline update comes out, check the recent updates section of RSOF to find what they fixed.

Jagex did come out with the Dragon Platebody and Dragon Claws, both of which are obtained by killing Tormented Demons, which are accessed after competing RuneScape's first Grand Master quest: While Guthix Sleeps. From what I've heard, if you do WGS without a guide, it's longer than RFD, and harder than ME2. I haven't done it yet, though...so...yeah... You can buy the platebody and claws, though, and equip them without beating the quest.

Jagex also came out with a whole lot of Achievement Diaries, and they say they're working on enough of them to make a whole set of clothing as rewards. So far they have the platebody, helm, gloves, ring, and boots...at least I think that's all they have right now. I'm not too sure on that right now, though.

Let's see...anything else...? I can't really think of anything huge right now, but I'll be back on here Monday morning, and I'll tell you if I remembered anything important. :wub: Hope I helped.

Immediately go on the Rants forum and make spammy threads/posts about how f2p are taking over the forums. Make sure to include lots of stars. Then make posts about how you cant put trees in formal gardens. And do Rocking Out.

Since you left, a lot of new things have been introduced.

First and foremost, RuneScape HD, a (much) better looking version of runescape, featuring a fullscreen mode, and resizable game window that resizes itself to fit inside your browser.

Then there's While Guthix Sleeps, the first grandmaster quest, with massive quest and skill requirements. During the quest and as part of the rewards, players are able to kill tormented demons, which drop dragon claws, and dragon platebody parts. The platebody parts can be smithed together, in a special room in the ancient cavern, up the formerly slippery steps, to form a complete body. Both the claws and body can be worn by anyone with 60 attack or defence, even if they haven't completed the quest, however they must buy them. And the mithril door in the ancient cavern is openable with a key obtained from While Guthix Sleeps.

It is now possible to lend some items to other players for any number of hours, up to and including 24 hours. Unfortunately some peope have seen this as an opportunity to make money so are lending out high level items for over 100k per hour.

Tz-Tok-Jad is no longer the highest leveled monster with the appearence of the Corporeal Beast, fiteable after the completion of the quest Summers End. The level seven hundred and something beast very rarely drops spirit shields and sigils, these can be combined to form the extremely espensive sheilds, some of which have special effects reducing damage taken.

There is now a Runecrafting guild which is almost pointless, except for the minigame, Great Orb Project, which is great for collecting pure or rune essence and runecrafting tablets, which teleport you to an altar, depending on the tablet.

One of the most anticipated updates to be released recently, Player vs Player worlds. you can fight other players almost anywhere in runescape except the banks. Most people were dissappointed with the way drops worked. Certain factors influence the drops you get, like how long you have been outside a bank, and if you are risking over a certain amount of money, sometimes you get horrible drops, and others, something really good like one of the new items, gloves that give double exp in a skill when used on pvp worlds, or more powerful equipment that degrades after a set time.

One of a few minigames to come out, Stealing Creation, provides some excellent rewards, that can be any one of a number of different tools, and give double exp, until they degrade.

And that's most of the "big" updates for a while.

hoo boy, I swear I saw a dragon pickaxe this morning.

Dragon pickaxe doesn't yet exist, although we've been told there will be one released sometime in the next year or so. We've also been told there will be a new dwarf quest, so it's speculated the two will be related.

What you saw was most likely the Inferno Adze. It's a reward for the hardest level of the Beacon Lighting minigame, and is dual-function; it works both as a mining pickaxe and a woodcutting hatchet**. The minigame's accessed by doing the All Fired Up quest. However, completion of that level of the game requires level 91 Firemaking.

**Woodcutting tools have had a name change; Jagex changed it to hatchet, which is more accurate and avoids confusion with battleaxes.

Society is crap, Zezima isn't #1 and we have a new CEO who leaps before he acts.

Society is crap, Zezima isn't #1 and we have a new CEO who leaps before he acts.

You've gotta love optimism...

Society isn't always that bad, though it is a little worse than before. I've seen a dramatic decrease in people named Zezima*insert # here*. And the new CEO hasn't been around long enough to see what he really can do.

Immediately go on the Rants forum and make spammy threads/posts about how f2p are taking over the forums. Make sure to include lots of stars. Then make posts about how you cant put trees in formal gardens. And do Rocking Out.

Actually the last time I was on the forums there actually was a rants forum... I didn't even know they removed it.

Zezima isn't #1

He never was.

First and foremost, RuneScape HD, a (much) better looking version of runescape, featuring a fullscreen mode, and resizable game window that resizes itself to fit inside your browser.

Already knew that before I left :\

Edited by Mothra Thy 23rd

Zezima isn't #1

He never was.

He has been for like 3 years.

Zezima isn't #1

He never was.

Just because he's 99 in every skill is not my idea of number one. There's a ton of other people with 99 in every skill. So why aren't they number one?

Total level doesn't really amount to anything as it really has no effect in-game other than the whole trade thing.

Edited by Mothra Thy 23rd

they added quite a few new quests and minigames but i think the most important change was the remoal of the wilderness and they replaced it with all world PvP! there are a few safe places such as banks and the lumbridge castle and courtyard.

Zezima isn't #1

He never was.

He had the highest XP, the overall rankings go by total level, if two or more people have the same total level, they are then ranked by total XP, zezima had the highest total XP and highest avaliable total level, thus he was "#1" (or "Number One").

we have a new CEO who leaps before he acts.

Yet his enthusiasm and passion, not to mention his liking for beer makes me scream like a 13 year old school girl, oh how we all are in good hands. Don't you think?