Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lloonnee2

Have I Said Thanks For Sals?

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure this topic complies with the General Runescape Discussion section. If you feel offended at any time, just press the "back" button.

Background info

I was surfing about PlayPark forums when I chanced upon some topic's involving a discussion about Runescape. After reading through a few of those, I felt grateful that thankfully, the RuneScape community, or Sal's at least, is not as bad as those I've seen. Even the irritating squirts here would be pretty well respected there, but that is not saying PlayPark Forums does not have its fair share of good debaters. The problem lies in the fact that PlayPark Forums keeps getting an increasing amount of immature kids, and seeing that the game is targeted at young kids, it makes sense. As such, I'm glad that Sal's does not have that much flamers/haters from what I've seen.

Terminology

MapleStory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maplestory

Runescape: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runescape

AsiaSoft: Releaser of MapleStory, also the scapegoat that takes most of the blame.

PlayPark Forums: Official forums for MapleSEA (SEA stands for South-East Asia)

Kns: Expletive

Cbk: Expletive

Good remarks first :wub:

MFARSPic10.png

Another positive remark. Looks like that person actually acessed the RuneScape website to check on what happened.

MFARSPic11.png

Good point.

MFARSPic12.png

Spoken like a true-blue Rs player :ice:

MFARSPic8.png

Yay, a positive remark about RuneScape!

Bad remarks :ice:

MFARSPic1.png

Perfect example of the general sentiment towards RuneScape from where I live, in Singapore. At least the quoted person shows some kudos to RuneScape.

MFARSPic2.png

Spoken like a true person who has not played RuneScape as a member. Also criticizes that the graphics are horrible.

MFARSPic3.png

I personally lol'ed at this. Looking at line 2 and 3, he contradicts himself in the same sentence. Amazing stupidity.

MFARSPic4.png

Has an issue with graphics again.

MFARSPic5.png

This was in a thread about having a 3D MapleStory gameplay. Most people think that RuneScape is a good example of a 3D game.

MFARSPic6.png

There's plenty of things to do in RuneScape, just that he neglected to list them.

MFARSPic7.png

Another wandering idiot. I've not seen this in Sals fortunately.

MFARSPic9.png

RuneScape also requires skills. No big deal there...

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/inde...p;hl=Maplestory

Looking at the thread in Sals about a discussion involving MapleStory and RuneScape, its much more civilized.

Just an insight into how the general population treats RuneScape. Most despise it, but a few still play it. (Like me :lol:)

They treat it as a game long dead and gone, buried under a pile of better games. At least RuneScape has a shorter update time, which is more than I can say for MapleStory :wub:

I guess I'm pretty stunned that the stigma against RuneScape is so strong... Expected Runescape to be respected in the forums, but I guess my hopes were dashed. Just grateful that there are more mature people in Sals than over there...

Edited by lloonnee2

Beautifully true, though tbh the only reason Sals is so awesome is because I'm on it. Without me it would just fall apart :wub:

Oh, and you might want to block some of the swear words in there :wub:

I don't blame that forum. That's a Maplestory forum. Anyways, Maplestory sucks. Too many Hackers, sad to play and if you want to PvP, it's costs loads. :wub:

Eh Zybez forums are better....KIDDING! DON'T SHOOT! *Hides*

Wow I had no idea that maplestory players were THAT immature. Are you sure you didn't just find a bad forum?

Edited by Tyra

i knew sals have a good atmosphere the moment i got 100 posts

some forums are boring because there are no fun features to "play around" with

some are rubbish because no one talks there

some i dislike due to organisation

some are stupid as everyone is flaming each other

@skelex: i correct you, the reason this is ace is because i am here

Maplestory is even more hated than Runescape where I live. If you play Runescape people laugh at you and get over it, if you play Maplestory... well lets say no one plays Maplestory where I live. For that reason I'd just get over these people, they face enough hating as it is.

Everyone's such a graphics whore now.

'omg i hate wow and gw but im not switching to runescape even though the gameplay is much better quality for money because the graphics suck why cant it come out with hd already? then i'll stop complaining'

I don't understand while you feel the need to show us how a lot of people on a MAPLESTORY forum prefer Maplestory to RuneScape. Isn't that obvious?

Maplestory is even more hated than Runescape where I live. If you play Runescape people laugh at you and get over it, if you play Maplestory... well lets say no one plays Maplestory where I live. For that reason I'd just get over these people, they face enough hating as it is.

Have I told you about where I live? Well...I've never heard of MapleStory, does that tell you anything? :ice:

'omg i hate wow and gw but im not switching to runescape even though the gameplay is much better quality for money because the graphics suck why cant it come out with hd already? then i'll stop complaining'

:wub:

I don't understand while you feel the need to show us how a lot of people on a MAPLESTORY forum prefer Maplestory to RuneScape. Isn't that obvious?

It's the immaturity, the obvious lies, etc. that is being emphasized here. :wub:

i also SG

i play both games too.

It's the immaturity, the obvious lies, etc. that is being emphasized here. :wub:

Why do we need a topic to show people being immature and/or lieing? I could go to almost any forum on the internet and find that without it having a certain topic for it, why do we need one on Sals?

the only reason i know about maple story is those ads that play when im TRYING TO PLAY FANTASTIC CONTRAPTION!#[email protected]@#!!!!!!

I personally find that ad offensive, but lets not get to into that....

at least the characters in rs have some sort of human figure (based on that ad) and the monsters don't....look like failed pokemon concepts...

obviously its biased from the fools that have not dined on honey dew and drank the milk of run escape... its another example of forming and voicing an opinion with the absence of facts. most of them have never played the glorious game created by our highly exalted Paul/Andrew heads of the Java Gaming Experts of the Highest Order. :ice:

i wonder if Maple story fanatics are having a simmilar discussion over there.... :wub:

i think i got the point of the thread, your thanking us for not insulting anybody that disagrees with us (you just get on my ignore list :ice:) well...you used to... or maybe threatening some one because you don't like they're name or that emote they just used :wub:

we (well, most of us,) good sirs, think.

Edited by Workin Man

That is to be expected from a forum located in South East Asia area. (Singapore, Malaysia) Flaming is always there and dey tlk lyk dis u no la?/??/

I'd prefer a game that has bad graphics and a ton of things to do than a game with good graphics and one thing to do.

Also, I couldn't understand half the things those people were saying.

id have to disagree about the quiality to money statement. there are other ways to play wow that are cost effective :wub: .