Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nelvis8

The Throwdown

Hardly worth the posting time.

Read up on the combat triangle, and in the complaints section on the runescape forums. Whichever has the least complaints is the best.

It's a combat triangle. Generally speaking, Magic beats Melee, Melee beats Range, and Range beats Magic. It is pretty easy to upset the triangle, though, so try this instead:

Melee: Easily the cheapest form of combat, at least until you want Barrows and God Wars items, and godswords and whatever, hits the highest once you get to very high levels, but you have to get up close and personal, something which could cost you a whole lot of food, and possibly your life against some things, such as higher leveled dragons.

Ranged: The most popular choice for pures, because it doesn't affect your combat level near as much as melee, but it's still pretty powerful. It's also cheaper than Magic, and you can safe pretty effectively.

Magic: The most awesome form of combat in my opinion, but unbelievably expensive. It's max hit goes up fast at lower levels, making it awesome in f2p PvP at 20 combat, but it tapers off fast. If you plan on staying f2p, don't make a pure from this. At higher levels (70+), it's always either severely underpowered or overpowered, depending on the situation, but never in the middle. It seems like it's usually underpowered. Then there's the other spells you can use...teleports, high alchemy, enchanting jewelry, and other incredibly useful things, that make magic worth training even if you never use it for combat.

How is Magic the most expensive? I have by far spent the most money on Ranging. Maybe I just don't know where the good deals are lol.

How is Magic the most expensive? I have by far spent the most money on Ranging. Maybe I just don't know where the good deals are lol.

Iron arrows which most people train using are quite cheap. Magic especially with runes such as natures or laws is a very expensive skill.

As for the topic, I think at the moment when you get to be a high level range is pretty much beating most everyone at the moment. Melee is doing the next best although it has the largest following and magic is sadly the one which is falling behind as it just doesn't hit as fast as range and it's max hits cap off pretty quickly.

Iron arrows which most people train using are quite cheap. Magic especially with runes such as natures or laws is a very expensive skill.

As for the topic, I think at the moment when you get to be a high level range is pretty much beating most everyone at the moment. Melee is doing the next best although it has the largest following and magic is sadly the one which is falling behind as it just doesn't hit as fast as range and it's max hits cap off pretty quickly.

Ranged actually costs more. Only low levels use iron arrows, people who can afford it use chins. I believe that range is 10M(?) more.

Anyway, my personal favorite is ranged. The armor has okay-ish defense bonuses, and it's good against mages.

Each have their own uses but Range is the best so far.

One, it's the common Pure, until around lvl 70 Range, then you start Hybriding.

Melee is useful because of the cheapness and high damage output. Magic is expensive, and useless imo until DT is done. Then Farcasting and Dbow Specs or Dds/Gmaul will make Magic that much better.

I think a balenced Hybrid that can use them all is the best, theres not really a "best" becasue depending on Item Combo's and gear, it changes.

for some reason high level rangers are feared. here is my order in which i think are the most important: melee, range, mage. melee first because there are so many things that come with getting your level up. this also gets your cb level up quicker

Jagex is currently is working on fixing the combat triangle to make all skills equel and make your facourite skill be as much as effective as possible in world of runescape. As for PvP hybriding works the best, but the triangle will also be fixed there. It will be still breakible, but not as it is now (range breaks everything) So right now range turns out to be the best. Mage cant beat range, melle is scared of them and range beats melle and mage most of the times (LOL), hope this gets fixed.

At the moment its something like this :

PVE: Range hands down, they can hit 100s, ignore defence, heal with bolts and have good defence as well

PVP: Range again, the dark bow is a huge finisher, while tank rangers destroy msot things easily

PJing: Mellee has dragon claws, dds and ags, so wins pjing

Money: mellees the cheapest, obviously

Awesomeness: Magic, I love it to death, but sadly range kills it stone dead.

its very nicely shown in stealing creation. in here there is a strict triangle. if you wear melee armor you are in alot of trouble cause of ancienters. rangers hide when a good melee comes in. and mages are forced to pile on rangers to prevent being wiped out.

but in sc there is a special 4th class, wich relies on support from others and when done in tactical groups almost undefeatable. unless you know how to solve it.

Jagex is currently is working on fixing the combat triangle to make all skills equel

They've been promising that since rsc.

Jagex is currently is working on fixing the combat triangle to make all skills equel

They've been promising that since rsc.

You always complain and make negative comments on like every thread. Anyways Mod MMG said that some team is working on magic.

Jagex is currently is working on fixing the combat triangle to make all skills equel and make your facourite skill be as much as effective as possible in world of runescape. As for PvP hybriding works the best, but the triangle will also be fixed there. It will be still breakible, but not as it is now (range breaks everything) So right now range turns out to be the best. Mage cant beat range, melle is scared of them and range beats melle and mage most of the times (LOL), hope this gets fixed.

Oh? I find ranged extremely weak when used against a melee-based person wearing something as common as rune armour. I don't see how you came to the conclusion that it's strongest. I find mage overpowered :\

At the moment its something like this :

PVE: Range hands down, they can hit 100s, ignore defence, heal with bolts and have good defence as well

PVP: Range again, the dark bow is a huge finisher, while tank rangers destroy msot things easily

PJing: Mellee has dragon claws, dds and ags, so wins pjing

Money: mellees the cheapest, obviously

Awesomeness: Magic, I love it to death, but sadly range kills it stone dead.

lol wut? maby u shud look a little more

(PvE is vsing environment like trees)

in PvM: range fails, 100's? only on corp beast... other monsters stop at 250-300HP so u can only hit 50-60 while they r at FULL HP caus of ruby bolts (e)

dark bow dose let u hit over 100, but srsly its accuracy sucks so bad its not worth it, and its so slow... lol heal with bolts, only with onyx, r u willing to pay like 15k a bolt? no? i dont think ur rich enough, i can afford it but most average players cant, a good defence? keep dreaming! black d hide FAILS and armardyl isnt that good

while melee, Godswords, my AGS spec finishes ur ruby bolts fail, gg and i can hit decently as well, or i can just use a whip for a nice stream of 50's, well our best non degrading armor is dragon for defence or bandos for str bonus, melee shells out the most dmg per second, mage, no contest in PvM, range is alrite but melee is far superior in most situations

PvP: r u a idiot? range best in pvp? dude ur crazy! il stick with my melee/mage hybrid combo, u try to run i ice barrage, and i can KO with a DDS (DDP++ for newbies) i can easily hit for double 30's, whats range ganna do? im wearing ahrims with some good range def and they can D bow spec me, but i dont think they will do over 100 on me, since, not that many people seriously PK in void unless they r pure,and well its very inacurate, my 99 def and good range def easily blocks at least one of the hits, and dark bow so slow it fails, lol mage short > darkbow in general pvp, darkbow only good for its spec with d arrows!

melee has D claws, easy KO, DDS, do 3-4 specs to a unsespectiv victem with piety on, gg, oh and dont talk about AGS for PKing, srsly who PKs with a AGS? well i do for one, sometimes, but its so inacurate its not worth it! whip beats it! u drain there run so they cant go far, and no im not talking about noob PKing where u camp a bank, im talking about PKing where ur the wildy with no near by banks or some random place where u cant just run into a bank

money wise: melee, for PvM u can buy expensive stuff like godswords, or be cheap and get a whip for same effectiveness, PvP DDS or D claws, both just as good but IMO d claws has more KO factor, DDS is way cheaper, u get more def,it also gives mage bonus so hybirding, and its still got a good KO factor

awesomeness: melee lol.... melee can hit for 120+ and its spec look mad.. magic looks real cool to, but u can only see the same spell a few times be4 it loses its luster