Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ruin

What Do You Think Of The Runescape Community?

I for one refuse to visit the official forums because of the spam and wont even step foot into a freeplay world. i think its going downhill.

Its been downhill man.

Back in 04/05 people actualy helped you.

But i agree, some sections of the RSOF and Freeplay worlds are a disgrace. But there are also some members who are a disgrace too. But you can actualy have a nice conversation in members worlds.

No offense freeplayers, i know sals has a great community, but even you have to admit some freeplayers/members are a disgrace.

Besides my friends from classic, boyfriend, and clan, I don't talk to many people because RS has turned to shizzle.

Back when RS first started, it was fun and eveyrone was helpful, "n00b" days were the best imo.

Now, you ask for a simple, "str lvl" or "you should train here" and people bite your freakin head off, it's ridiculous. My PM stays on friends and my public on friends aswell, only thing truely on is clan because i don't feel like adding them all.

Maybe it's cause I'm openly gay and people are turned off by that, because most the people i meet (even my clan or random people when public is on, rarely) talk about it, lots...abit annoying tbh, I don't sit around talking about striaght people. [/rant]

I don't think it's getting a whole lot worse than before. I mean, it's harder to find someone to have a good conversation with, but I think that's because more and more people are playing with public off because they think the community is horrible. I mean, when I started, if someone didn't respond when you talked to them, you could almost automatically report them for botting. Now, most people level 120+ either have public off or refuse to talk to anyone under level 100.

I think people need to learn that it's the lower leveled players that actually provide the good conversations! No offense to all you high leveled players on Sal's, but you've gotta admit, most high leveled players take the game waaaaay too seriously. The newer players don't, so they're open to new friends and good conversations. I go into f2p worlds sometimes just because I feel like a good conversation, and I usually end up helping a player or three and having a great friend at least for a few months, maybe forever.

I think people need to learn that it's the lower leveled players that actually provide the good conversations! No offense to all you high leveled players on Sal's, but you've gotta admit, most high leveled players take the game waaaaay too seriously. The newer players don't, so they're open to new friends and good conversations.

I don't find that to be the case at all, but that may be due to a) what I do with my time on RS (I do a lot of skilling and slayer) and b) the time of day I play (usually early in the day, or later at night). I've had many interesting, intelligent conversations, with people of all levels... where that happends most often is on Slayer assignments, fishing at Piscatoris, doing Shooting Stars (the more obscure the place, the higher the likeihood of interesting chat), and the like.

For me, it isn't that bad, but lately I haven't seen many of my friends on. :wub:

Says the topic maker who doesn't read peoples posts, pfft.

RSOF, and Runescape Community are very different forums.

Also at the dude guy, paying money doesn't make you mature, so stop picking on f2p.

-Ming :wub:

Its been downhill man.

Back in 04/05 people actualy helped you.

But i agree, some sections of the RSOF and Freeplay worlds are a disgrace. But there are also some members who are a disgrace too. But you can actualy have a nice conversation in members worlds.

No offense freeplayers, i know sals has a great community, but even you have to admit some freeplayers/members are a disgrace.

Hold up, buddy.

"No offense freeplayers, i know sals has a great community, but even you have to admit some freeplayers/members are a disgrace."

So pretty much what you're saying it that there are bad eggs in both baskets? Hmm...

"But i agree, some sections of the RSOF and Freeplay worlds are a disgrace"

As are some sections of members'. In fact, since gaining the ability to post on the forums, I've been appalled at the number of whiny people acting no more than 7 years old on the forums -- and those were posts from since before we came on, so don't blame it on freeplayers. I'm guessing that paying $6/month suddenly makes one mature.

You are too quick to put the blame on a blanket group, and that's not right. You need a re-evaluation of your stance, pronto. Think about what you're saying next time. :wub:

Also at the dude guy, paying money doesn't make you mature, so stop picking on f2p.

In a sense, the main reason why F2P is hated is because of the epic spam and flamers who make an account for all the wrong reasons. They don't want to pay because F2P is perfectly alright to gain enemies in. So, in a way, P2P is more mature taking the average maturity of everyone because you have to pay. I, for one, wouldn't want to pay to flame and spam.

Or maybe I'm going completely off the rails with that statement.

In any way, it is true the community is currently going in a donward spiral.

What I hate more than people blaming the problem on F2P is people blaming the problem on underage players. Hell, when I was 12 I was more mature than half of the 15+ community in how I behave. Most people think maturity comes with age. Most people don't play RuneScape.

I disagree, f2p has always been decent for me.

They DO help me and they DO have good discussions with them

however some f2pers can be a pain aas they are always complaining about how much they haven't got

no offence members but members always pick on me and other f2pers

Nah, you people are just pessimistic. The atmosphere has not changed at all in the past four years. Only difference is that there are less flaming pkers, more anoyying skillers, and less five year olds (qc ftw).

i only act immature very rarely once in a while when i lose my patience. remember some simple rules and you will be liked =)

There are the occasional annoying 7 year old bad mouths.

and less five year olds

Again, two more examples of 'As soon as you hit thirteen years of age you suddenly become the most mature person this side of Jupiter'.

I disagree, f2p has always been decent for me.

They DO help me and they DO have good discussions with them

however some f2pers can be a pain aas they are always complaining about how much they haven't got

no offence members but members always pick on me and other f2pers

No offence F2P but F2P always pick on me and other members.

It works both ways. Take a look.

Im not bombing Freeplayers. Last time i went to a freeplay world to help people, and all i got were people fallowing me calling me a narb :wub:

And yes, there are also people like that in members too. Its stupid when i see someone call someone a noob.

And about the RSOF comment, i was actually talking about the members. I think a fraction of the immature members are in the forums. Its stupid how they pretend to be freeplayers. I dont see bad people in the game because no one talks like someone said.

And about low levels, i agree, sometimes i think the low levels are much better then the high levels. I have huge respect for high levels, but when they come to your training spot or someplace and act like a god and think there above you, i think thats really annoying.

Hope that cleared things up.

ps. About the freeplay worlds, i havent been on one in years on my main, but on my alt most people were fine, but occsianally you get that immature 7 year old. Same for members worlds even.

if you have a problem with me say it in a pm instead of trolling every one of my topics.

Im not bombing Freeplayers. Last time i went to a freeplay world to help people, and all i got were people fallowing me calling me a narb :wub:

Eh, I get that once in a while too. Just kindly ask them if they'd like to switch to world 21 with you. :evilgrin:

And yes, there are also people like that in members too. Its stupid when i see someone call someone a noob.

Agreed. But there's a whole lot more level 120+ members than f2p's. Don't ask them to world 21 if you're level 90. :wub:

And about the RSOF comment, i was actually talking about the members. I think a fraction of the immature members are in the forums. Its stupid how they pretend to be freeplayers. I dont see bad people in the game because no one talks like someone said.

I think most of the immature members are in the RSOF...

And about low levels, i agree, sometimes i think the low levels are much better then the high levels. I have huge respect for high levels, but when they come to your training spot or someplace and act like a god and think there above you, i think thats really annoying.

No offence, but I don't even have the huge respect for them anymore. Sure they put a lot of time into the game, but that's all they did. The high level means nothing else.

From my experiences the runescape community is horrible, the majority are selfish, rude, and uncooperative. the chance of finding decent help from a random person in runscape is probably up there with seeing god. This goes for freeplay and p2p, granted p2p seems to be a bit more mature but overall the community is immature.

Sometimes, mems are probably immature. One thing, calling random people noobs, showing off, being stuckups...well I guess p2p and f2p are all immature.

From my experiences the runescape community is horrible, the majority are selfish, rude, and uncooperative. the chance of finding decent help from a random person in runscape is probably up there with seeing god. This goes for freeplay and p2p, granted p2p seems to be a bit more mature but overall the community is immature.

/thread

Most "high levelled" f2pers are pretty nice. So are a lot of members. But to be honest, I think the baddest part of the community comes in the "moderately high players." Most people on fansites are pretty nice. Unlike RSOF.

It HAS gone downhill, but it's not as bad as most people think it is. I do agree it's harder to find someone nice, but I can still get a nice conversation if I want. :ice:

And yeah, no offence to you F2Pers (I :wub: u wilteh) but I do think there are more idiots in F2P then in Members (Yep, some noobs in Members exist :ice:), although I've seen my good share of great F2Pers. :wub:

runescape used to be fun, but now all high levels are serious, and im only lvl 81 cmbt, and lower levels call me a nerd for being that high.........

LOL

Edited by Sk8skull

The Runescape community is generally ok. However, the community in pvp worlds is just ridiculously rubbish. :wub:

Yeah... It's horrible. One of the main reasons I quit, the other was to pay more attention to my real friends.

I argee ive met far... too many imature people in this game. For example there where two high level player at green drags in lvl 13 wildy and they were making fun of me because of my level. the point is wih more and more players their are more inmature players. Couple of my friends are lower levels (like around 50-60) so it seems that it's more the lower levels that aren't inmature(no offence to the higher lvls of sals) but at the end of the day runescape commity is going downhill