Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ruin

What Do You Think Of The Runescape Community?

I for one refuse to visit the official forums because of the spam and wont even step foot into a freeplay world. i think its going downhill.

the freeplay word is really messed up i agree with that but i see nothign wrong with the forums.

I for one refuse to visit the official forums because of the spam and wont even step foot into a freeplay world. i think its going downhill.

the freeplay word is really messed up i agree with that but i see nothign wrong with the forums.

Well, if you don't use correct grammar, that takes away half of the problem of the official forums...

Well, if you don't use correct grammar, that takes away half of the problem of the official forums...

I think you got a bit mixed up there. :wub:

I'm guessing you meant half of the problem on the RSOF is due to people not using proper grammar.

One thing I have noticed is that instead of asking for help, it seems that people more demand help, or beg. I don't mind helping someone if they ask me nicely and have good intentions, but if they are begging me and being annoying (Grammar can sometimes have an effect on that) then I am less inclined to help them.

I don't go to the forums simply because it's very boring in there.

Overall it's a good community in-game. Freeplay world is much better than before I took a break from runescape. It has changed a LOT

I don't go to the forums simply because it's very boring in there.

Overall it's a good community in-game. Freeplay world is much better than before I took a break from runescape. It has changed a LOT

I have to agree with that. Some threads are very similar. I wouldn't call them spam, but they are tiresome.

From my experiences the runescape community is horrible, the majority are selfish, rude, and uncooperative. the chance of finding decent help from a random person in runscape is probably up there with seeing god. This goes for freeplay and p2p, granted p2p seems to be a bit more mature but overall the community is immature.

Have you heard the phrase, "It takes two to tango". The general consensus is that there is a group of players that are immature, but I feel you have completely exaggerated it on all proportions.

I disagree, f2p has always been decent for me.

They DO help me and they DO have good discussions with them

however some f2pers can be a pain aas they are always complaining about how much they haven't got

no offence members but members always pick on me and other f2pers

Finally someone who shares my sentiments. Its inevitable we will all encounter some bad eggs in the community, but there are so many good eggs- players tend to notice the bad eggs because they "stand-out" more. An example for me would be at moss giants in the sewer of Varrock. I always have good discussions at moss giants. Even when people get annoyed that I don't "share" the moss giants, I have never received any abuse. I've played on F2P for seven and a half years, and seriously, some of the comments about the community being "immature" are excessive. The community has declined, but that is inevitable when you get a growing group of players that are culturally diverse, yet I feel the community on a whole is not horrible at all.

I remember reading Poke's* comments about almost being harassed. Sometimes I do feel that is expected when members venture onto the F2P worlds with members items still wielded. I don't understand why members do get annoyed since they bring that attention on themselves. *Poke, bare in mind these comments are not directed towards you at all.

Edited by djpailo

i agree that its been going down hill. but i do find that there are alot more friendly people on members servers, and i just became member like 4-5 days ago. the reason for that i believe is that theres alot of older people than 11-15 on the mems servers.? idk, what it is, but i definatly think some of the previous statements had some truth to them.

but oh well, the game is still fun, and we all cant let the little things bother us so much.

[edit] i guess i could see some members being stuck up tho. oh well, theres bad ppl everywhere. gotta deal with it. karma will come back around.

Edited by Zexter

you cant see the guy in the pic, but you can see the convo.

090425172315.png

good people do exist. lets focus on that :wub:

I think you got a bit mixed up there. :wub:

I'm guessing you meant half of the problem on the RSOF is due to people not using proper grammar.

No, if you don't use correct grammar, you won't be annoyed when others don't. Though I can see how that would look that way... :wub:

About members being more mature than f2p's or not, I still maintain that f2p's are more mature. If you go into f2p with your full dragon, well, you're asking to be yelled at, so don't get on f2p's for doing that. Whenever I go into f2p worlds, I don't wear any more members content than a spottier cape, and I'm pretty well accepted in f2p worlds. In members worlds, it took until combat level 80 before people stopped calling me a noob all the time and telling me to get out of their training spots and whatever. In f2p worlds, on my quest guide noob, I only had to ask once for someone to mine some iron for Doric's Quest. Sure, there are trash accounts people make in f2p just so they can spam, flame, etc. But these are the minority.

it was way beta before, now days people would swear and call everyone noobs, i treat everyone the same though, i even helped a lvl 10 with cooks assistant because he did not know where to find the eggs :wub:

Edited by fano2007

I actually think the community has gotten nicer in the last year or so. It used to be whenever I logged into a freeplay world I would get people following me asking for free stuff / to be my girlfriend etc. Now whenever I go to a free world I see a lot less beggars and girlfriend/boyfriend asking. Also I almost never hear the word noob except in pvp minigames, there I am called one by almost everyone I kill.

Edited by elapid

I don't think it's getting a whole lot worse than before. I mean, it's harder to find someone to have a good conversation with, but I think that's because more and more people are playing with public off because they think the community is horrible. I mean, when I started, if someone didn't respond when you talked to them, you could almost automatically report them for botting. Now, most people level 120+ either have public off or refuse to talk to anyone under level 100.

I think people need to learn that it's the lower leveled players that actually provide the good conversations! No offense to all you high leveled players on Sal's, but you've gotta admit, most high leveled players take the game waaaaay too seriously. The newer players don't, so they're open to new friends and good conversations. I go into f2p worlds sometimes just because I feel like a good conversation, and I usually end up helping a player or three and having a great friend at least for a few months, maybe forever.

I totally agree!