Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
supermac18

What Do You Want To Do To Improve How Safe Runescape Is?

I really think that Jagex really lets loose on thw chat, allowing people to say "crap" and "cabbage". I know that you used to be able to say that stuff, but still, its unsafe and can at times be very insulting. :wub:

RuneScape's a game that was made for people 13 years old or over. If you're over that age and can't handle those words, then that's pretty surprising.

First off, I'd like to ask your age.

If for some reason, you don't want to answer, here's a little bit of information:

If you're under 13, you should be QuickChat only. However, you insist on the ability to type, even though you SHOULDN'T, and you have absolutely no right saying we shouldn't be able to type crap and cabbage.

If you're over 13, and you have a problem with these words, I agree with Kemosabe in that it's very surprising. Also, you're a major minority if you're offended by them and over 13, so I'm sorry, but in life, majority rules.

Chat is for people 13+ years of age. So, people using chat should be mature about the swear words and such. And if you dont like it I would say put public to "friends" or "off" if its such a huge problem for you.

I would just like to say that I will not give my age on the internet but that I am older than 13, the thing is that I just

think that cabbage can be very insulting sometimes. also when was cabbage ever blocked? :wub:

I would just like to say that I will not give my age on the internet but that I am older than 13, the thing is that I just

think that cabbage can be very insulting sometimes. also when was cabbage ever blocked? :wub:

cabbage was blocked for most of runescape's lifetime. It only became unblocked in the last few months. It can be insulting sure but most people over 13 hear it on a daily basis or so and get used to it.

If you're over 13 and you find cabbage offensive, then seriously, WTH? You should be mature enough not to take stuff like that offensively, especially over the internet. And if you mean cabbage being blocked on Sal's, I think it's almost always been like that.

this is a great idea! in fact talking can be insulting too! so why dont we abolish the chat system completly and replace it with a bunch of pre set phrases? it has never been done in a game before.

oh wait.

Edited by skelengel ftw

No one with the right mind would get offended over those minor words, especially when you're 13+.

Offended? No. That doesn't mean that it's a good thing to be seeing these words. There are many, many people, myself included, that see/hear these words constantly, and still don't like it. I still put anyone who swears in RuneScape on my ignore list, for no other reason than that I don't like hearing those words. I used to ask the people to stop first, but then, for some reason, they always get all ticked off and start swearing up a storm just to make me mad. I haven't met someone yet who hasn't done that, so I give no warnings, no second chances, I don't ask them not to swear, I just ignore them. If you can't contact me ingame, that's why.

RuneScape's a game that was made for people 13 years old or over. If you're over that age and can't handle those words, then that's pretty surprising.

Or he's religious, and believes swearing is a sin.

This is taking into account he's christian.

If for some reason, you don't want to answer, here's a little bit of information:

If you're under 13, you should be QuickChat only. However, you insist on the ability to type, even though you SHOULDN'T, and you have absolutely no right saying we shouldn't be able to type crap and cabbage.

If you're over 13, and you have a problem with these words, I agree with Kemosabe in that it's very surprising. Also, you're a major minority if you're offended by them and over 13, so I'm sorry, but in life, majority rules.

Or he's religious.

If you're over 13 and you find cabbage offensive, then seriously, WTH? You should be mature enough not to take stuff like that offensively, especially over the internet. And if you mean cabbage being blocked on Sal's, I think it's almost always been like that.

Or he's religious.

No one with the right mind would get offended over those minor words, especially when you're 13+.

Or he's religious.

this is a great idea! in fact talking can be insulting too! so why dont we abolish the chat system completly and replace it with a bunch of pre set phrases? it has never been done in a game before.

oh wait.

You made my sarcasm detector commit suicide.

Or he's religious, and believes swearing is a sin.

This is taking into account he's christian.

Or he's religious.

Or he's religious.

Or he's religious.

oh wait.

You made my sarcasm detector commit suicide.

please don't discrimminate christians

i think only extream offensive language should be blocked, same with rascist terms

words like cabbage, crap, phone and www. and com shouldn't be blocked

i think only extream offensive language should be blocked, same with rascist terms

Wow, learn to read. Where, in that post, does it mention anything about discriminating Christianity? I'm a Christian.

Words lake cabbage, crap and phone aren't censored anymore I believe.

Taking away the whole chat system for a couple of people isnt fair. Other people want to talk.

Wow, learn to read. Where, in that post, does it mention anything about discriminating Christianity? I'm a Christian.

It does seem to be discriminating against Christians. That was my first thought too, until I realized who was posting it. :wub: And, personally, I don't think it's a sin to swear really, but the Bible says to think about whatever is pure, noble, etc. and swear words definitely aren't any of those. Thus, I try not to see/hear/use them. Except crap, which I don't really consider a swear word, but it's powerful enough to get my feelings out. :wub:

People swear all the time in real life, saying Jagex is losing it with the filter is ridiculous. If someone says something to you in Runescape and you find it insulting get over it and play the game.

It does seem to be discriminating against Christians. That was my first thought too, until I realized who was posting it. :wub: And, personally, I don't think it's a sin to swear really, but the Bible says to think about whatever is pure, noble, etc. and swear words definitely aren't any of those. Thus, I try not to see/hear/use them. Except crap, which I don't really consider a swear word, but it's powerful enough to get my feelings out. :wub:

If anything it could be considered ignorance but in my opinion its not discrimination by any stretch of the imagination.

You are always taking a risk when you use the internet. It is very difficult to regulate, if not impossible, and thus there is always the chance that you will come across something that will be offensive. Jagex have always had safety and security for players as a top priority.

If anything, you should take note of all the features that are available. Someone mentioned earlier that they simply add offensive players to they're ignore list. Jagex also forced us to learn how to use this feature at tutorial island. I simply cannot understand your argument of being offended when people say "crap" when all the facilities are in place to ignore these players. I know this sounds quite harsh, but we can't keep criticising Jagex on everything they do. When they do release updates, everything is carefully thought out so it meets the best interests of all players. Players are often quick to rant and not appreciate what they have already.

I am pretty sure you are much younger than 13 years of age, why? because you can't handle simple words like "Cabbage", dude there is really nothing offensive of that word, there is a vegetable in runescape named cabbage... and why would it be blocked if there is one...

It does seem to be discriminating against Christians. That was my first thought too, until I realized who was posting it. :wub: And, personally, I don't think it's a sin to swear really, but the Bible says to think about whatever is pure, noble, etc. and swear words definitely aren't any of those. Thus, I try not to see/hear/use them. Except crap, which I don't really consider a swear word, but it's powerful enough to get my feelings out. :ice:

If anything it could be considered ignorance but in my opinion its not discrimination by any stretch of the imagination.

You are always taking a risk when you use the internet. It is very difficult to regulate, if not impossible, and thus there is always the chance that you will come across something that will be offensive. Jagex have always had safety and security for players as a top priority.

If anything, you should take note of all the features that are available. Someone mentioned earlier that they simply add offensive players to they're ignore list. Jagex also forced us to learn how to use this feature at tutorial island. I simply cannot understand your argument of being offended when people say "crap" when all the facilities are in place to ignore these players. I know this sounds quite harsh, but we can't keep criticising Jagex on everything they do. When they do release updates, everything is carefully thought out so it meets the best interests of all players. Players are often quick to rant and not appreciate what they have already.

Dude. That was me that said I simply add offensive players to my ignore list. I never said I was offended by people saying that, I said I didn't like it. You should really learn to read before yelling at me.

I am pretty sure you are much younger than 13 years of age, why? because you can't handle simple words like "Cabbage", dude there is really nothing offensive of that word, there is a vegetable in runescape named cabbage... and why would it be blocked if there is one...

Learn something about Sal's filter before calling him immature again, will you? (Look at an earlier post to learn the right part. :ice: )

Dude. That was me that said I simply add offensive players to my ignore list. I never said I was offended by people saying that, I said I didn't like it. You should really learn to read before yelling at me.

I wasn't yelling you, I was telling the thread starter that he should do what you do.

profanity doesnt have anything to do with how safe or not runescape is?

Yeah, I don't get that part of the title, but the purpose of this thread is still pretty obvious by the first post...