Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
enrico218

Should Skillcapes Be Available To Free Players?

148 members have voted

1. 1. Skillcapes: Should be members only?

• Yes
    • No

You need to change your poll things...because you have

two quite different questions juxtaposed together... :wub:

Your Poll Title itself is the question (same as your thread title)

so naturally people will think the choices are to that question

but your Poll Question itself is actually "Should Skillcapes be members only?"

which is quite different...

You might want to make sure you don't get wrong "data" because

of the confusion...

xb1ack 0utx

You need to change your poll things...because you have

two quite different questions juxtaposed together... :wub:

Your Poll Title itself is the question (same as your thread title)

so naturally people will think the choices are to that question

but your Poll Question itself is actually "Should Skillcapes be members only?"

which is quite different...

You might want to make sure you don't get wrong "data" because

of the confusion...

xb1ack 0utx

Thanks, I'll edit that

well im a member and i have to say the only reason we try to get 99 is for a skillcape. there's no point for f2pers cause they dont get anything except for new abilities, which most of the higher ones btw, are members only. so yeah i think they should change that.

I think they should get skill capes cause as (above) said. If f2players get 99 skill capes it does not hurt members. Some f2players will swich once they get capes cause that way they can use the high content

I think f2p should get a cool cape with just the symbol of their 99 skill on it, and members should get the cape with hood and big collar and stuff, with the symbol on it too.

So the f2p one just looks like a team cape with the stat symbol on it

I feel the effort required to get a 99 justifies Skillcapes being Freeplay. I doubt that making them Freeplay would change that much to Members, but it would make alot of Freeplayers happy :wub:

On the other hand, it is arguable that this is just another step in giving Freeplay too much content.

This is just another rumour that has just blown out of proportion. I feel World War III will erupt on this thread soon...

Hope i did right saying no on poll as a free skill should be able to get a cape in free world.

Just hopes real masters NPC will get capes no matter what... As Melee Tutor ot Range Arrmorsalesman sounds so nooby for cape sellers so far...

Also, along with the the stuff you guys are debating about; goes the idea of moving the npc's of the skill capes. As for mage, the Wizard guild is where the cape is, they would have to make the wizard guide f2p then. Same with the warriors guild and the str and attack skill capes!

I have changed my view slightly from last topic. Although I do not like the entire idea of F2Pers getting capes, due to them not paying, I would not mind if they did get them.

In my opinion, I think so. It is a lot harder to get some skills up (Prayer, for example) in freeplay rather than members. Skills like Coking and Firemaking, I don't think so, just because those skills are extremely easy to level up.

there should be three answers to choose from

yes

no

some

i think some of the capes should be available to f2p :wub:

I don't think skill capes should be for f2p, because they will get 99's w/o becoming members and jagex will probably lose lots of money because not many will be tempted to subscribe, skill capes make people subscribe and such (i think)

No, pay the five dollars that it takes to get a lot of gameplay and stop complaining. Honestly, all you have to do is skip lunch for one day out of a month and you have enough money. You can even mail it in.

Yea, I understand that for some skills it would be hard, where the skill master is in a members only area. However, I think they could (only for f2p) put some skill masters in different places.

if they put the time in to get a skill to 99 they should be able to get a skillcape

(people who say they should become members just give them this one ok? they probably have good reasons not to be a member)

no i dont think it should be, if non members is just a trial of the game, if they get lots, who would be mems?anyway, non members gets plenty of stuff to do, getting a 99 takes forever and thats something to aim for instead of hanging around doing nothing.... :wub: anyway attack and strength skill capes are in the warriors guild, if they let non members get them, they have to change the whole wall which is west of fally. and jagex is already giving lots of things to the non members, have you played any trial game that lets you play as much as runescape lets you? if you want skill capes BECOME MEM

BTW: we pay, and you dont

Edited by fano2007

well im a member and i have to say the only reason we try to get 99 is for a skillcape.

I guess that depends on the person who plays. I for one am not really interested in getting one, it comes with the teritory of playing for a certain amount of time. The way I see it skill capes are one of the biggest mistakes of all-time. It only makes the run to one level 99 a goal interesting and thus wrecked havoc with the normal workings of buying and selling.

When introduced the market for raw material went belly-up because most people went for the easy capes. Fish, normally used for healing, suddenly became a raw material for an easy cape: Cooking. Iron was a material seen as an ingredient for steel, but it became a raw material for a mining cape since power-mining iron is a fast road to a mining cape.

At the end of the day the question is a dumb one: Jagex already decided that an F2p Skill cape will come, so what good will it do if I agree or not? This discussion is the same one as the 'should F2p be allowed into the RSOF', or Mod MMG is the best CEO of Jagex: Stupid, counter productive, waste of space, waste of time replying to topics like this... another 5 minutes for me. Ah well, one can keep on dreaming stupid topics won't turn up.

Edited by Simple013

When did Jagex decide that there'll be F2P skill capes? O_o

Anyway, I'm against the idea. This will be one MASSIVE update to f2p players, encouraging many players to stay in f2p to train instead of suscribing. I wonder if Jagex will really be willing to lose that amount of cash. :wub:

I think that f2p should get capes becuase it's so much harder to get a 99 in f2p than members. If skillcape were going to be f2p, it would be best to have them with no attack/defence bonuses and they can only get the untrimmed capes. Also you have to pay some more.

if non members is just a trial of the game

F2p isn't trail member is an expansion.

Edited by dei wei