Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
darrenshan

Found The Meaning Of Life

Wouldn't the Hell's Satans win? I mean, with all humans being sinners from before their first thoughts and all that...

and sily gusy hu dont understand mr greevs, hes sayin he doesnt liek how tha meaning is based on GOD

You know, God is just such a extraordinary creature, person, whatever you wanna call him. The fact of the matter is, he doesn't need to do all of this! He could easily make us all good and not give us a choice. I guess he figured that wasn't fair, but of course this is just my opinion! Although I don't know what his purpose on having me on earth is, I know he still needs me to do something on Earth. How do I know? I'm still living.

i could be 100% wrong on this but i think ive found the meaning of life, and its so simple you will think after reading this...oh wow...

God

I stopped reading right there.

No offense, but..

Try again.

You know, God is just such a extraordinary creature, person, whatever you wanna call him. The fact of the matter is, he doesn't need to do all of this! He could easily...

...Use his omnipotence to roundhouse kick the devil into a black hole shaped like a fist without the need for any armies or wars.

If 'God' wanted to have more people go to 'heaven' then why doesn't he directly intervene? Come on, it doesn't make any sense... then again, that's religion for you :wub:

Hmm, yeah - and what evidence do you have to support this?

i have barely read any of it cause im only 13

You're barely read any of it because you're 13 - what kind of excuse is that?

This would make an amazing novel.

or an awesome joke-book :wub:

To Magical

"Hmm, yeah - and what evidence do you have to support this?"

The bible; the word of the church and pure imagination

'i have barely read any of it cause im only 13'

You're barely read any of it because you're 13 - what kind of excuse is that?"

maybe it's because he can only read books like the bible for around 3 years

+ the 'debating part' of the brains aren't trained yet; something like that maybe?

I also want to make a few other points in your post...

But i'm sure you'll be angry again saying that i'm wrong

edit:

anyway, the meaning of life is probably one of these:

-either kill yourself, so you don't live in this terrible world anymore (well, you don't live at all anymore...)

-Debate with christians/evolutionists/creationists... who's right

-Have as much fun as possible!

Edited by Dreak

To Magical

You can't quote your own source to argue your own point.

'

i have barely read any of it cause im only 13'

Huh? The bible can be read at many different levels, but even the lightest of meanings can be understood from the age of 7 or so.

+ the 'debating part' of the brains aren't trained yet; something like that maybe?

And that affects your literary knowledge, how?

Mmmkay, people don't generally hold grudges from one topic to the next, especially in a debate. As I have already stated, I'm willing to read and reply to you, on the condition I can give a reply to what you have said. As a side note, the comment wasn't directed at the entire forum.

What you have essentially posted here is your/perhaps the Churches viewpoint on the Meaning of Life. There's nothing wrong with that, but to say that you have found *the* Meaning of Life is not really correct, as everyone has their own interpretation of that phrase.

And it is a viewpoint that dreams are just based upon your thoughts. So you thinking about God before having a dream may have had an effect on this. I have prayed to God in similar ways before now at times of need, and I have had no such 'revelation' or 'sign'.

Religion is the dream of the human mind…in these days, illusion only is sacred, truth profane. - Ludwig Feuerbach

To Magical

------

it was just a few examples, ffs

i'm not even argueing my own points here

i'm just saying from where he could have gotten his 'source'

'

i have barely read any of it cause im only 13'

Huh? The bible can be read at many different levels, but even the lightest of meanings can be understood from the age of 7 or so.

-------

Do you really think a boy of 7 thinks: "so THAT'S the meaning of life..."

those younger versions are the 'happy-versions', i even had such a book (i eventually just gave it away)

And that affects your literary knowledge, how?

-----

With 'debating' part, that also counts as wondering, thinking, asking yourself questions...

thats how it affects you

Mmmkay, people don't generally hold grudges from one topic to the next, especially in a debate.

-------

maybe thats why i didn't post it?

i could be 100% wrong on this but i think ive found the meaning of life, and its so simple you will think after reading this...oh wow...

God put us on this earth as a divider to seperate the good and evil. The people who are good are allowed in heaven and the people who are bad are sent to hell. You most likely know this. What you don't know is that God is planning to take Satan out. I mean, to destroy him. The people who are sent to heaven are given the choice to fight in God's army or not. Those sent to hell, are forced to fight in Saten's army. When the human race has died out God and Saten will forge war on one another, thus, (because He will undoubtably have more people fighting on his side) God will win, destroying Saten and securing peace for the universe.

Evidence: i prayed to God that night to give me a sign if i was right or not and i dreamed i was in church and after church there was the best party ever.

So? What do you guys think?

EDIT: im acctually 95% serious here so please post serious answers. thanks.

People saying i copied the bible-i have barely read any of it cause im only 13. i thought of this idea when i was in the shower :wub:

God does not send people to Hell, it is their own incompetence that leads them there.

God does not send people to Hell, it is their own incompetence that leads them there.

Does that make all Atheist people incompetent? :wub:

The meaning of life is to create a Legacy.

It's to leave you mark on the world to prove that you once existed. Heck it's nothing to you when you're dead but it proves that our existence was real and that we left our mark on the people around us and thus made our life useful.

The problem is many people try to gather the meaning of life on a scale that is far too large for a puny existence as us. To be able to find a meaning for our life we need to look and think a little smaller. As one person you can't expect to change the world. (There are those who did but how many of the billions that have existed?) You just need to hope that you can change the things around you or atleast help them evolve.

Ofcourse that's just my opinion on the meaning of life ;P

You are not joking?

Unless I am mistaken, the Christian viewpoint holds that God cursed everyone human to be born with sin. If you do not bow-down and fear God and do all of his laws (which do not say the same thing), you will go to hell.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is not the fault of the humans, far from it. It is the fault of the Christian God (who is not very nice).

~John

And that was exactly my point. I was making a statement, not arguing against you.

As I have previously stated, it was a throw-away comment directed at him not the general forum - and it's just going unnecessarily off-topic.

And that was exactly my point. I was making a statement, not arguing against you.

As I have previously stated, it was a throw-away comment directed at him not the general forum - and it's just going unnecessarily off-topic.

"QUOTE (Magical @ Apr 28 2009, 06:25 PM) *

To Magical

------

i'm just saying from where he could have gotten his 'source'"

------

i was supporting him;

you often got 2 or more 'teams' in debating, you know

If you're trying to support someone - telling them it's pure imagination and the word of an authority with no more authority on the subject than anybody else is probably not the best way to help them.

What bothers me about the human species is that we're both complex and ignorant at the same time. I do not mean to offend your post, however, your very theory I find flawed beyond reason. That's not the point of my post though, it goes back to the basic fundamentals; human nature. Humans are always questioning everything and anything and searching for answers to the big questions; yet the answer to a question such as, "What is the meaning of life?" is so simple, you could sit here and ponder the question over hours, days and weeks. Depending on whether someone is religious or not, their opinions may or may not change. The reason why we are here is so simple. The human species was not the first, I believe we will not be the last, therefore, what makes our life purpose any different to any other species? We are here to procreate; it's as simple as that. Each person may have their own philosophy on life and it's meaning, but in the big picture, we are insignificant and our purpose in life, other that to procreate, is meaningless.

Edited by Pixel Bunnie

my opinion on the meaning of life is the following

Life has no meaning, now go on and enjoy your life

(the short one liner version)

i really think there is no point to life

life came into existance in a random way, there is no point behind it

i created things in a lab which are defined as "life" just by mixing a few chemicals (amino acids)

there can only be a "meaning of life" if life was created for a cause

so only if you believe in a demiurg (a creator) you can believe there is a meaning to life

this question, i think, is one of the major reason why mankind invented a creator god

the thought of life not having a point is quite depressing if your life already is bad

raising the lower classes with this faith also makes them easier to control and use as cheap labor (together with the promise of an afterlife) and that is where organised religion came into being

after i mixed those chemicals in that lab at uni i was certain there is no god and thus also no meaning to life

and i'm going to do my best to enjoy my life as much as possible

Egghe, you are surely the desciple of Hobbs! I have a quote for you, which came to mind when I read your reply, he said:

Why may we not say that all automata (engines that move themselves by springs and wheels as does a watch) have an artificial life? For what is the heart, but a spring: and the nerves but so many strings; and the joints but so many wheels, giving motion to the whole body?

He also said we should live for our passions; which you just rectified when you said, "I am going to do the best to enjoy my life as much as possible." I concur; I plan on doing just the same.

I'm sorry, but that's not the ultimate question.

Oh wait.

There is no meaning to life.

We are here to procreate; it's as simple as that.

But my mamma says procreation is the devil.

waterboy.jpg

aw mann I really had my heart set that the meaning of life was 42

of course you can't just separate people into those going to "heaven" and those going to "hell"...people aren't certainly good or bad, but what they do can be good or bad. Depends on how you were brought up too...and its just impossible to create 2 armies of opposite powers with so many shades of gray. The shower isn't the best place to philosophize either :wub:

I'd say, there really is no natural meaning to life: we're all sacks of organic molecules, forming cells that work in symbiotic relationships, controlled by a bunch of neurons that work by chemical impulses that can recall certain events and make an output based on 'em to help you survive. And then you die and your cells break apart and that's that, eternally, even if the universe blows up. Right. Depressing when you think about it. The trick is to do your thing before you die and don't think about the end so much. :wub:

And as for the heaven and hell thing, it's really something one can prove either way, so if its there, great, if its not, you wouldn't know anyway too.

I don't believe that... I am in no religion but I believe in god and my personal beliefs are that we are put on here to achieve perfection of the souls.