Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
supermac18

Is It Okay To Play Runescape Alot?

I think if you're playing1-2 hours a day, your okay. If you spend 3 or more hours playing

then I think you're definlitly overplaying. I play maybe an hour and a half a day.

what do you think is too much? how long do you play a day?

please answer these questions or state your opinion about this topic. :wub:

5 hours usually. But it kills off time, not many friends ever come over. And my Tv is always being watched by my sister. I can do my homework while playing Runescape as well. 3 hours isn't over playing. 6 hours+ is over playing for me especially if you have school. :wub:

It depends on who you are and what you're doing. For me, I usually only play for 1 hour a day, 2 hours on Saturdays, and none on Sundays, but if I'm training so I can work on my website at the same time, I might play for 4+ hours straight.

1,200 Posts!!!

Edited by Yippee

Guest Me339

I play about 30 minutes a day cause my mom dosent let me play alot :wub:

1hr/day + foruming here. I don't really care howoften you play as long as you have friends, do well in school, and spend more time doing other things.

Sadly.. I usally play for 6-8 hours a day.. Even on school days. Its just because I have so much free time, I do my homework on my bus since its a long drive, and easy for me. I have a bunch of crap for my Xbox360, but it got RROD :wub: Runescape/Computer is really the only thing I can do, most of the time there is nothing on TV.

But I still have friends that I usally hang out with over the weekends.

Edited by Smokey The Win

i only have 19 days until i graduate and since i have all my credits i have a lot of time to waste. 4 hours a day for me.

I play about 20 minutes a day, maybe less.

1,200 Posts!!!

fail

1,200 Posts!!!

fail

Lol, I type that almost every hundred posts. And I could say you fail for playing that little. I mean, what can you get done on RuneScape in 20 minutes? Sometimes it takes me that long just to remember what I was doing! :wub:

1,200 Posts!!!

fail

Lol, I type that almost every hundred posts. And I could say you fail for playing that little. I mean, what can you get done on RuneScape in 20 minutes? Sometimes it takes me that long just to remember what I was doing! :wub:

I pk for 20 minutes then get off :wub:

It's different for everyone. Back in the day when i played a lot, it was usually no more then 2-3 hours. Now, i hardly play at all...the top amount of time i've played in the last year is probably 45 minutes, to do the random holiday events :wub:

Some people don't have anything to do though. Once school is out they have 18 hours of free time until school starts again, so why not play RuneScape?

Other people are only able to get on maybe once every couple days, so on those special days they get on, they play for hours and hours.

It all depends on the situation of the person playing the game.

My Opinions:

Too Long: 1 hour

I Play: 10 minutes every month :wub:

Some days it turns out to be 1 hour, some up to 7 (like on weekends) but I think im completly normal, between that time I spend A LOT of time on forums and youtube, and of course I do got friends and I would say that playing that much does not do anything to my life, I have interest in other things as well, and I actually like school (just not homework). About lifelessness, I think that you have a life no matter how much you play, but if your a nerd (talk like one, and act like one) than its not ok to play that much, since you defenetly take it to sereously.

I don't play much anymore, used to play up to 6 hours/day on school nights and most I've played in one day was 17 or 18 hours.

I don't think there is any such thing as playing too much as long as it's not interferring with real life. I play a lot each day but only because I have the time to do so, I'm a full time carer for my fiancé so I have to spend a lot of time at home. Real life always comes first and I play RS when I have the time to do so, I have to do something to kill the boredom. If I wasn't playing RS I would be playing some other game or doing one of my other hobbies. It only becomes a problem when you start to put a game before real life.

Unfortuantley, 3 hours a day of ingame cooking. But I don't play on the weekends much. =D

Of course it's okay! You live your life the way you want it to be lived. If you choose to live it by playing runescape 3, 5, 7, etc hours a day, that is your choice! Just make sure you're making the right choice. You don't want to miss half of your life on a video game, ya know?

Five years ago - 4 hours+ a day.

Four and one half years ago - 30 min/day

Three to two years ago - Upwards of 6 a day.

Two years ago - 2 years.

Now - 15 mins every month, averaged.

You play too much, you'll just get bored.

I play all day after school and on weekends. But I do agree with Candi. As long as it doesnt take away from real life, it's fine.

I think there is a limit to how much time you should play, sitting at a computer for hours on end isn't exactly recommended and while I do it occasionally I don't think it's always the best use of my time. I generally limit myself to 4 or less hours of gaming a day but usually I only get maybe an hour in.

Edited by Erebus

It may kill boredom to begin with, but if you play it alot, you'll find that it only amplifies the bordom and makes it worse.

I don't play anymore, because of that reason.

I fully admit I play too much and tbh, I don't really care :wub:

Back in the days when I played RS, I always wanted to play, no matter how much time it would take up, and I didn't care.

My lovely parents stopped me from doing that and grounded me from playing RS everyday except Sundays.

Meh,

Life isn't black and white, and neither is runescape. In the weeks up to my 99 Range I did over 7 hours a day, but I took a break afterwards for 7 days without using the internet at all to give me a break etc. And I didn't chin range either so it took me a while.

I think you should just do what suits yourself, don't break your parents rules etc ruin your life but thats as far as you should be restricted imo.

The fact that a computer game is worth getting into trouble seems fail to me, so don't play if your not allowed to is personally my only statement on the topic of time.