Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paid_Page1

Interesting But Odd!

Umm... ideas?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this group?

• umm... ok....
    • I dont get the point...
    • well, its nice, i guess...but I wouldnt want to do that!
    • good for them!
    • helpful
    • I really dont care
  2. 2. Would you like to join this group?

• YES!
    • sorta maybe perhaps not sure but kinda maybe
    • nope
  3. 3. Would you support this group?

• well, im not sure
    • Yep. Id love to support them any way possible
    • I dont want to encourage this...
  4. 4. Would you like to start your own group like this?

• yes
    • maybe
    • GOD no!
  5. 5. What do you think of their choice in God?

• I like Saradomin
    • dunno
    • These Gods arent real you know...
    • Zammorak rocks!
    • THEIR GOD!!!!!!!!!! *shudder*

A group of people on Runescape recently started gaining members. Its goal? - to "devote [their] Runescape time to helping other players," (-the group's co-leader). They find players who need help or advice with anything and give it. I found out about them when I needed help on a quest, and they were walking around saying they were giving help, so I asked and they led me though the quest. Although they are very helpful, they are also very weird. They all believe (and I really mean: believe) in the Runescape god Saradomin, and they walk around saying things like: "greetings, brother Asalonus, praise be to Saradomin, bringer of light unto our world" (im not making that up). They include people from all lvls, all of whom dress up in Saradomin Monk's Robes. Not only that, but their reason for helping: "helping others is decreed by Saradomin to bring light unto our world." Unfortunately, the only thing they dont do is give away free stuff. Its gonna be SO interesting following these peeps around in the future.

Edited by Paid_Page1

cool

i'll go wid ma 1337 bronze armor and attack em with "free stuff pl0x"

cool

Lol just made a pure may do that :wub:

Personally i think its nice they want to help

but they're wanna be mods :wub:

Edit: They're>there

Edited by Gonza Man

I'm sorry, but advertising is not allowed.

Please read The rules

EDIT: Reopened the topic after communicating with the topic starter about rewording his post.

~Razorlike

Edited by Razorlike

cool

note the NO FREE STUFF part of my post. Sad, but i guess they know that if they start giving away free stuff, they are gonna have a whole herd of peeps bothering them all the time which PROBABLY isnt their goal.

Personally i think its nice they want to help

but they're wanna be mods :wub:

Edit: They're>there

Il have to ask them about the mods part

I'm sorry, but advertising is not allowed.

Please read The rules

EDIT: Reopened the topic after communicating with the topic starter about rewording his post.

~Razorlike

Thanks Razorlike

A group of people on Runescape recently started gaining members. Its goal? - to "devote [their] Runescape time to helping other players," (-the group's co-leader). They find players who need help or advice with anything and give it. I found out about them when I needed help on a quest, and they were walking around saying they were giving help, so I asked and they led me though the quest. Although they are very helpful, they are also very weird. They all believe (and I really mean: believe) in the Runescape god Saradomin, and they walk around saying things like: "greetings, brother Asalonus, praise be to Saradomin, bringer of light unto our world" (im not making that up). They include people from all lvls, all of whom dress up in Saradomin Monk's Robes. Not only that, but their reason for helping: "helping others is decreed by Saradomin to bring light unto our world." Unfortunately, the only thing they dont do is give away free stuff. Its gonna be SO interesting following these peeps around in the future.

Hoping thats enough to satisfy till I find out more...

Edited by Paid_Page1

No offense, but those guys seemed kinda nerdy. I mean, helping people with quests is generous of them, but getting into all that Saradomin stuff is...taking it a bit too far.

I, however, do thank them to helping others. That isn't really a big Runescape thing anymore. :wub:

No offense, but those guys seemed kinda nerdy. I mean, helping people with quests is generous of them, but getting into all that Saradomin stuff is...taking it a bit too far.

I, however, do thank them to helping others. That isn't really a big Runescape thing anymore. :wub:

Uhuh. and they really take it very seriously. AND...your right, helping isnt very big now.

Hey it would be nice if people could vote on this when you look at the posts

Thanks!

Edited by Paid_Page1

I already love these people. What's their name?

Unfortunately I was forbidden under penalty of lockdown to tell anyone their names as that would be considered advertising. Sorry.

And please don't ask them for free stuff. It would just annoy them, and we don't want them breaking up.

-Thank you! I think it would, although if you met these peeps at all you would know that nothing can break them up. And they certainly dont fall for insults or buggings. (I have seen attempts. the replies were hilariously wise)

Edited by Paid_Page1

the majority of ppl here voted as i did.

personally every lil bit of advice or help in game to others is appreciated but i think imo a group going out of their way to look for ppl in *need* would only encourage those that would like e1 to do almost everything for them..

I much prefer to see a question and answer if i can on the spot, but in reality alot of the ppl looking for *walk thru on quests* etc should honestly learn to find information in data bases themselves rather than depend on 1 single clan to answer every question they come up with.

*you can give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach him how to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime*

Could all peeps reading vote? it would be nice to know what peeps think. thanks!

the majority of ppl here voted as i did.

personally every lil bit of advice or help in game to others is appreciated but i think imo a group going out of their way to look for ppl in *need* would only encourage those that would like e1 to do almost everything for them..

I much prefer to see a question and answer if i can on the spot, but in reality alot of the ppl looking for *walk thru on quests* etc should honestly learn to find information in data bases themselves rather than depend on 1 single clan to answer every question they come up with.

*you can give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach him how to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime*

Thanks! I agree with you mostly, however I think that (at least for new players) having help is the easiest and best because you also learn from it - if they show you how to do a quest, you still have to do everything, they just guide you. And also, I think once you are showed around a bit, you CAN do things for yourself - remember that this group doesnt just give quest help, it also shows people how to do things for themselves (maybe by guided tours around Runescape, etc.)

Edited by Paid_Page1

Group like this is needed in runescape.

If they just say that, it doesnt mean that they really believe in saradomin, but if they do than their addicted (very very close to drugs, drinking and smoking, to much computer destroys you)

I wouldnt say they have no life unless I would meet the individually.

Ill support if they are just playing with the god thing.

Group like this is needed in runescape.

If they just say that, it doesnt mean that they really believe in saradomin, but if they do than their addicted (very very close to drugs, drinking and smoking, to much computer destroys you)

I wouldnt say they have no life unless I would meet the individually.

Ill support if they are just playing with the god thing.

As far as I could tell they looked very serious but no way to know for sure.

What quest were you doing when you met them?

What method(s) did they use lead to you through it? Could you mention some specific part of the quest and explain what they did to help you with it?

...if you met these peeps at all you would know that nothing can break them up.

What convinced you of this?

Edited by Vorgore

Guest Emanick

Sounds like a mixture of a joke and an honest desire to help. I don't know what to think. It's seriously funny but the fact that they're actually helpful makes it semi-serious...Hmmm...

We appear to have an epidemic on our hands.

It's the swine flu of RuneScape: it'll die out in a few weeks.

The Saradomin thing is either a joke to make people believe it's true and make them think they're nerds or they're really just the biggest nerds alive because they believe in gods that originated from an online computer game.

Lulz. :wub:

These nerds have to take out their pocket protectors and stop trying to become mods. This is just a dumb publicity stunt in my opinion and will amount to nothing. After all they only seem to know three gods, how much of a help can they be with that?

Edit: dropped a word

Edited by The Who?

the saradomin part indicates they are having a bit of fun and therefore not trying to become mods

is it so wrong that some people are working to help people instead of standing

around insulting them?

I think this is a great idea, lets people escape from reality and practically live another life, while helping out other players. I do not think these are wanna-be mods, they just enjoy helping others. That's like calling Sal a wanna-be mod.

the saradomin part indicates they are having a bit of fun and therefore not trying to become mods

around insulting them?

I'm with this guy. Half my friends would do this just for the laughs and the rest would do it just for the heck of it because everyone else was doing it!

Except for the time it would take helping other people as much as it seems like they do, I would really like to join this group. Too bad I don't know their name...

They're probably just role-playing about worshipping Saradomin. It's obvious no one will worship them in real life by having a statue of Saradomin and praying to it every day before bedtime.

I'm sure it's just a roleplay thing. Seems harmless to me. However you want to play is fine.

I'm going to wear some zammy robes around and give people bad info. Then I'm going to sell a bunch of newbs 'black lobsters' in the lummy cow field. (that a joke)

around insulting them?

me thinks you support them.

I know, lets spam his inbox for their names! :wub:

-Raz0rblade