Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
icelizard4372

Quick Question On Runecrafting

Question

I'm F2P. Runecrafting body runes will give me the most runecrafting XP right? Should I even runecraft them?

Like right now I have 1 runecrafting. plz tell me what to do in steps so that i dont mess up i wanna get up to 50 rc

Edited by zKing

12 answers to this question

They do give you the most xp per rune, but that doesn't mean it's the fastest xp. From what I've heard, Earth runes give the best xp/time, and Earth Gloves improve this ratio even more.

They do give you the most xp per rune, but that doesn't mean it's the fastest xp. From what I've heard, Earth runes give the best xp/time, and Earth Gloves improve this ratio even more.

Well, I'm F2P. Are Earth Gloves F2P and how much do they cost? I can't find them on the Grand Exchange price guide.

I've heard Earths and Fires are the easiest way to go, just because they are so close to the banks.

Bodies do give the most exp per rune, so if you are looking for exp, i would craft them.

Also, Earth Gloves cannot be bought, but can be purchased by playing Fist of Guthix and getting enough Tokens for the Earth Gloves. (70 tokens i think, but i made that number up)

Bodies give you the most exp per rune, but not the most exp/per hour ratio. Last time I checked Air Running was making decent exp, earths, and fires. Here are the methods.

Air Runes:

Route Number: 1

Members? This route is members only.

Map: Click to view map

Route Summary: Falador Teleport > Falador West Bank > Level 26 Agility Shortcut under Falador Wall > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 44 seconds

Inventory: 1 Law Rune and 27 Rune Essence

Equipment: Water Staff and Air Tiara

Experience per run: 135

Runs per hour: 34.6

Experience per hour: 4673

Other Requirements: Level 26 Agility is required to use the Agility shortcut.

Level 37 Magic is required for Falador Teleport.

Route Number: 2

Members? This route is available for all to use.

Route Summary: Falador Teleport > Falador East Bank > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 30 seconds

Inventory: 1 Law Rune and 27 Rune Essence

Equipment: Water Staff and Air Tiara

Experience per run: 135

Runs per hour: 40

Experience per hour: 5400

Other Requirements: Level 37 Magic is required for Falador Teleport.

Route Number: 3

Route Summary: Falador East Bank > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 48 seconds

Inventory: 28 Rune Essence

Equipment: Air Tiara

Experience per run: 140

Runs per hour: 33.3

Experience per hour: 4666

Other Requirements: n/a

Route Number: 4

Route Summary: Glory Amulet Teleport to Draynor Village > Draynor Village Bank > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 39 seconds

Inventory: 28 Rune Essence

Equipment: Air Tiara and Glory Amulet with at least 1 charge remaining

Experience per run: 140

Runs per hour: 36.3

Experience per hour: 5091

Other Requirements: Heroes Quest complete so that you can charge your Glory Amulets.

5+ Glory Amulets is suggested so that you don't spend all your time charging them.

Fire Runes:

Route Number: 18

Route Summary: Castlewars Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Castlewars Bank Chest > Duel Arena Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Altar

Route Time: 0 minutes 44 seconds

Inventory: Ring of Dueling and 27 Essence

Equipment: Fire Tiara and Ring of Dueling

Experience per run: 189

Runs per hour: 81.8

Experience per hour: 15,464

Other Requirements: A good supply of Rings of Dueling is required so that you don't run out part way through Crafting the Runes you want.

Route Number: 19

Route Summary: Duel Arena Bank > Dual Arena Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 42 seconds

Equipment: Fire Tiara

Runs per hour: 35.3

Experience per hour: 6671

Other Requirements: A good supply of Rings of Dueling is required so that you don't run out part way through Crafting the Runes you want.

Route Number: 20

Map: click to view map

Route Summary: Duel Arena Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Duel Arena Bank > Duel Arena Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 15 seconds

Equipment: Fire Tiara and Ring of Dueling

Runs per hour: 48

Experience per hour: 9072

Route 18 also uses exactly the same amount of equipment, so it is suggested that you use that one rather than this.

Route Number: 21

Route Summary: Glory Amulet Teleport to Al Kharid > Al Kharid Bank > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 54 seconds

Inventory: 28 Essence

Equipment: Fire Tiara and Glory Amulet with at least 1 charge remaining

Experience per run: 196

Runs per hour: 31.6

Experience per hour: 6189

Other Requirements: Heroes Quest complete so that you can charge your Glory Amulets.

5+ Glory Amulets is suggested so that you don't spend all your time charging them.

Route Number: 22

Route Summary: Glory Amulet Teleport to Al Kharid > Al Kharid Bank > Duel Arena Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 7 seconds

Equipment: Fire Tiara and Glory Amulet with at least 1 charge remaining

Runs per hour: 53.7

Experience per hour: 10,155

A good supply of Rings of Dueling is required so that you don't run out part way through Crafting the Runes you want.

Route Number: 23

Route Summary: Al Kharid Bank > Altar

Route Time: 2 minutes 14 seconds

Runs per hour: 26.9

Experience per hour: 5266

Route Number: 24

Map: click to view map

Route Summary: Al Kharid Bank > Duel Arena Teleport using Ring of Dueling > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 34 seconds

Runs per hour: 38.3

Experience per hour: 7238

Route Number: 25

Route Summary: Duel Arena Bank > Altar

Route Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds

Runs per hour: 24

Experience per hour: 4704

Earth Runes:

Route Number: 16

Route Summary: Varrock East Bank > Altar

Route Time: 2 minutes 6 seconds

Equipment: Earth Tiara

Experience per run: 182

Runs per hour: 28.6

Experience per hour: 5200

Route Number: 17

Route Summary: Varrock Teleport > Varrock East Bank > Altar

Route Time: 1 minute 42 seconds

Inventory: 1 Law Rune, 1 Fire Rune/3 Air Runes and 26 Essence

Equipment: Earth Tiara, if you brought Fire Runes, equip an Air Staff, if you brought Air Runes, equip a Fire Staff

Experience per run: 169

Runs per hour: 35.3

Experience per hour: 5905

Other Requirements: Level 25 Magic is required for Varrock Teleport.

All information was taken from :http://runescape.salmoneus.net/runecraft_help.html

~123~

Edited by 123yo222

Bodies give you the most exp per rune, but not the most exp/per hour ratio. Last time I checked Air Running was making decent exp, earths, and fires.

All information was taken from :http://runescape.salmoneus.net/runecraft_help.html

~123~

buddy u didnt read his post did u? he's f2p most of your ways involve members stff like shortcuts, rinsg etc. anywayz i did earths all teh way to 50. with the earth gloves from FOG u get heaps decent xp and its quite fast. plus earths practically sell staight away anywayz

hey hold your horses buddy

air rune craftinng is most popular method followed by fires

i suggest you craft airs all the way with air rc gloves

you will eventually start making profits from level 33 rc

This may not be the best way, but this is how I trained Runecrafting to 50.

1-10 Air Runes, basic and simple. If you buy the essence this will be a loss, if you mine the essence yourself, you would always profit.

10-30 Again Air Runes, only this time using Air Runecrafting gloves, which are 75 Fist of Guthix tokens each. They last for 1000 charges which is equivalent to making 1000 essence into runes. The double exp will halve the amount of essence you need, using the calculators provided on this sites homepage will help you calculate the exact amounts. Again you will lose until 3x Air Runes per essence, mining your own essence counter acts the loss and makes it a profit.

30-50 Earth Runes, with Earth Runecrafting gloves. As with above they last 1000 charges and are 75 tokens each. No profit is gained until 52 Runecrafting (if you were to buy your essence), however your goal is only 50 so mining the essence required will make it profit all around.

Alternative~

30-33 Earth Runes, with Earth Runecrafting Gloves. You would profit only if you were to mine the essence yourself as 2x Earth Runes/per ess is cheaper than the money needed to buy the essence: 2 x 16gp = 32. Current Price of essence = 40gp. 8gp loss per essence crafted into 2x Earth Runes, if your were to buy the essence.

33-50 Air runes, you should profit with these if you buy the essence as you make 4x Air Runes per essence, it is up to you whether or not you use Air Runecrafting gloves.

Body runes may be the best exp per rune, however being 10gp each along with fire runes (9gp each) makes the profit little (if you mine your own essence). Not to mention they may be somewhat harder to sell. :P

Hope this helped somewhat, I know it certainly helped me get 50 Runecrafting. :lol:

Cheers and Good Luck with 50 RuneCrafting. ;)

1-10 Air Runes, basic and simple. If you buy the essence this will be a loss, if you mine the essence yourself, you would always profit.

10-30 Again Air Runes, only this time using Air Runecrafting gloves, which are 75 Fist of Guthix tokens each. They last for 1000 charges which is equivalent to making 1000 essence into runes. The double exp will halve the amount of essence you need, using the calculators provided on this sites homepage will help you calculate the exact amounts. Again you will lose until 3x Air Runes per essence, mining your own essence counter acts the loss and makes it a profit.

30-50 Earth Runes, with Earth Runecrafting gloves. As with above they last 1000 charges and are 75 tokens each. No profit is gained until 52 Runecrafting (if you were to buy your essence), however your goal is only 50 so mining the essence required will make it profit all around.

Alternative~

30-33 Earth Runes, with Earth Runecrafting Gloves. You would profit only if you were to mine the essence yourself as 2x Earth Runes/per ess is cheaper than the money needed to buy the essence: 2 x 16gp = 32. Current Price of essence = 40gp. 8gp loss per essence crafted into 2x Earth Runes, if your were to buy the essence.

33-50 Air runes, you should profit with these if you buy the essence as you make 4x Air Runes per essence, it is up to you whether or not you use Air Runecrafting gloves.

Body runes may be the best exp per rune, however being 10gp each along with fire runes (9gp each) makes the profit little (if you mine your own essence). Not to mention they may be somewhat harder to sell. :P

Hope this helped somewhat, I know it certainly helped me get 50 Runecrafting. :lol:

Cheers and Good Luck with 50 RuneCrafting. ;)

Thanks. But should I still follow your method if I don't use the special gloves? Or are they really important?

I actually trained runecrafting only by airs till like lvl 55+, I was f2p for a while. So it isnt that hard.

EDIT: FoG came out about 1 week before i gto memebers and GoP wasnt out.

Edited by little boy 1100

i power levelled on my pure by making body tiaras.

you could make them at level 1 runecrafting.

mind you, the loss is pretty epic. do this only if you have a fatload of cash to waste.

;) at least my method is different :lol:

Alternative~

Body runes may be the best exp per rune, however being 10gp each along with fire runes (9gp each) makes the profit little (if you mine your own essence). Not to mention they may be somewhat harder to sell. :)

Hope this helped somewhat, I know it certainly helped me get 50 Runecrafting. :box:

Cheers and Good Luck with 50 RuneCrafting. :box:

Thanks. But should I still follow your method if I don't use the special gloves? Or are they really important?

The gloves are entirely optional, it just means you will have to make more of those said runes, when calculating the amount of essence you need with gloves just halve what the Runecrafting Calculator lists e.g.

1-10 Runecrafting would be 215-216 essence into runes, since you cannot use the air runecrafting gloves till 10 runecrafting this stays the same.

As for 10-30 for example without the Air Runecrafting Gloves you would need to craft 2422 essence into air runes. Now, if you were to use Air Runecrafting Gloves this would halve. Thus making it 1211 essence into air runes. However: You would need to play fist of guthix long enough to get the tokens for 2 pairs of Air Runecrafting Gloves, at 75 tokens each this would be 150 FoG tokens. You are only able to have one pair of said Runecrafting Gloves at a time, so when they crumble to dust you will need to make another trip out to Fist of Guthix to purchase another. You will entirely use up the charges on one pair of gloves, leaving the other with around 789 charges remaining.

If you strongly dislike playing Fist of Guthix, then by all means follow said method without the gloves. :)

Again, it is up to you how you wish to train Runecrafting, just throwing the method I used out there. :)