Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lethal

Mac Messenger Problem

Hey guys,

I've just been setting up my new iMac today and have been trying to sign into the Messenger:Mac program with my normal hotmail account.

However when I click sign in it takes a long time to eventually tell me that my login details are incorrect. However I've reentered them a million times and know they're both correct, and checked them on my Windows partition to make sure they and the service in general are still working.

I've looked it up on good ol' tinternet and a lot of people have had the same problem but no-one has posted a solution.

Interestingly I've also tried Adium on peoples' advice and it has pretty much the same problem. When I go to the "status" option it says that it's 75% complete but stalls while "authenticating".

It's driving me a little crazy and was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue/knows of a solution.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Huh, it works fine for me on a macbook. First try uninstalling/reinstalling, and if that doesn't work maybe we can try other clients ;)

Huh, it works fine for me on a macbook. First try uninstalling/reinstalling, and if that doesn't work maybe we can try other clients :lol:

Just tried uninstalling/reinstalling (updated from 7.0 to 7.02 also) to no avail. ;)

Huh, it works fine for me on a macbook. First try uninstalling/reinstalling, and if that doesn't work maybe we can try other clients :lol:

Just tried uninstalling/reinstalling (updated from 7.0 to 7.02 also) to no avail. ;)

Have you tried using eBuddy or something?

Edited by Emo_Nemo

Are you sure you've downloaded it from the right source? (X)

I've never had the problem, but to be honest, MSN for the Mac is pretty lame anyway. You might as well download AdiumX or similar.

Are you sure you've downloaded it from the right source? (X)

I've never had the problem, but to be honest, MSN for the Mac is pretty lame anyway. You might as well download AdiumX or similar.

Yeah downloaded it from there.

Also tried Adium but that just has the same problem, fails to do anything past 75% (the authentication stage) where it just hangs.

Then it's more likely to be your account...

Can you login on the Windows Live site? Have you tried aMSN?

Then it's more likely to be your account...

Something that I forgot to mention in my original post was that I can login fine using Windows MSN on my XP partition.

It's just on the Mac side of things it won't authenticate.