Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

Forum Account Safety

I use 2 common passwords for most of my passwords. Not Sal's or RS, though.

I use 2 common passwords for most of my passwords. Not Sal's or RS, though.

Better hope they don't attempt to hack your Photobucket then ;)

I'm not worried, not only is my fourms login name insane hard to get, but also my password for all my website accounts are hard to guess, sometimes i forget my passwords ;)

I wonder what the commonly used password list looks like... Maybe worth to post to see what not to take as password?

But I'm save normally, my passwords are always random, things that are so random you have to remember them and no one ever guesses.

I am pretty sure that there are many lists out there, so a Google search would probably come up with one in a few minutes. These lists can have 12,000 or more on them, so it isn't just going to be the obvious ones like password, 12345, and runescape. There are some passwords on the list that are letters and numbers, but generally if you have a healthy mix of the two you should be safe I think. Mixing the two together (apple23orchard instead of appleorchard23) would probably be pretty safe.

Given some of the people who are saying they were targetted, and knowing the original purpose of the program (to hack RS accounts), their targets were most likely based on RuneScape stats, and not post count or status on this forum.

GREAT! now I have to change my pass...................................again!

Technically speak, you don't. It's just advised.

*-Danny- changes his password.

Kay, thanks for the PM Sal. ;)

Though I don't know who would want my account. It's pretty nubish.

Am I one of the lucky ones they are trying to hack...??? I got a pm from Sal and was wondering who else got the same one...?

Hi, it's come to our attention that a certain pro-hacking RuneScape community is targeting accounts here in an attempt to gain access to RuneScape accounts. In short, they've compiled a list of Forum account names and a list of commonly used passwords, and are testing forum accounts to see if any of those passwords match. If they find a match, they attempt to use the matched password to access the member's RuneScape account (presumably from the RSN field in the account's profile).

You're receiving this message because your account's name is on the list of selected account names to be targeted, and your account is potentially at risk. We highly advise you to change your password, and ensure that your password is different from your RuneScape account's password (ideally unique to all of your Internet accounts). Make sure your password is at least 8 characters in length, and contains a mix of letters, numbers, and other characters.

Thanks,

Sal + The Forum Staff

W-w-w-w-whhhattt? ;-;

I feel bad that I didn't get targeted now. A-a-am I n-n-ot sp-sp-s-special? D:

Edit: I'm just more interested as to how they find out about this. What pro-hacking site tells administrators "yo were guna use comon passes on ur high lvl ppl on ur site and c if we can hack dem duuuude"?

Edited by Doomsicle

W-w-w-w-whhhattt? ;-;

Edit: I'm just more interested as to how they find out about this. What pro-hacking site tells administrators "yo were guna use comon passes on ur high lvl ppl on ur site and c if we can hack dem duuuude"?

They didn't tell us, we found out.

Honestly Sal, if you even end up reading this, I find it a little naive for you to think that only the accounts on the high scores list were being cracked, that's just the only list I wanted the public, that includes people like you, to see. This isn't something new or anything it's been happening for a while now this was just the first time the program was posted publicly.

http://pastebin.com/f24425246

Close to every account on the forums besides a couple thousand maybe. No admin, moderator, distinguished members, etc. are on the list I think.

I'm taking the program down though I regret putting it up anyways and honestly Sal's the first admin to come out and warn people about what was happening most Admins just tell people to change their passwords without warning of why, I respect that.

W-w-w-w-whhhattt? ;-;

They didn't tell us, we found out.

Sneaky now, are we? ;D

Honestly Sal, if you even end up reading this, I find it a little naive for you to think that only the accounts on the high scores list were being cracked, that's just the only list I wanted the public, that includes people like you, to see. This isn't something new or anything it's been happening for a while now this was just the first time the program was posted publicly.

Close to every account on the forums besides a couple thousand maybe. No admin, moderator, distinguished members, etc. are on the list I think.

I'm taking the program down though I regret putting it up anyways and honestly Sal's the first admin to come out and warn people about what was happening most Admins just tell people to change their passwords without warning of why, I respect that.

Waiit. How many people are trying to hack us? ;)

-I mean.. Actually, I don't know what I mean :lol:

Honestly Sal...

I'm guessing Irplop was hacked and he's using accounts to relay messages. :lol:

Honestly Sal...

I'm guessing Irplop was hacked and he's using accounts to relay messages. :P

Fudge it I'm tired :lol:

Tbh, the tor IP trace should've given it away.

>.> On that list is me, aswell as a few of my good friends who don't even use sals! Messing with me is one thing... but when you go against my friends.... U better look out! ;)

I find it interesting that after browsing all the cheating sites I know of, 3 of them say on the front page to change your passwords ;)

Why target us? More than 50% of us have quit Runescape. ;)

Edited by Click This

:lol: Confused :P

Btw on that site.. my name was there? ;)

Don't worry. Although I forgot my password, I wrote it down and it is currently securely located in a maquiladora in Tijuana.

Edited by Definition

This guy is #2461 in line for hackage, if they do things in alphabetical order.

So perhaps this is the only guy he could hack?

outa 2461 people? ;)

So perhaps this is the only guy he could hack?

outa 2461 people? ;)

Lemmie restate

<-- this guy is #2461 on that list.