Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Salmoneus

Big World Map Update!

Not like we had any hints or anything ;)

Thanks, Neo :lol:

Looks pretty good, nice one Neo! ;)

Although Ardougne admittedly looks a bit bright from above. Is Ardougne holy now or something? :lol:

I think a multi-leveled world map would be much better looking and I expected a whole world-map redone with a news article 'Big World Map Update'. Creating the map doesn't take too long. If you'd like me to make a new surface map, don't hesitate to ask. Just imagine how much better the tool will be if many of the mistakes I pointed out were ironed out. I think you rushed this one and could have produced something better.

You missed a dungeon in the poison wasteland (Right by castlewars), as well as the Gu'Tanoth dungeons, and a dungeon in the desert near the Agility Pyramd (Deep desert). You sir, are a shame to map makers. ;)

But nonetheless, this has to be one of THE coolest things on the site. Perhaps you've even outdone Jagex! It's just amazing. :lol:

And, it might not be your fault, but why is there another dungeon entrance on Waterbirth Island's surface that doesn't match up with an exit in the actual dungeon?

Creating the map doesn't take too long. If you'd like me to make a new surface map, don't hesitate to ask. Just imagine how much better the tool will be if many of the mistakes I pointed out were ironed out. I think you rushed this one and could have produced something better.

If you could create a full updated map (100% zoom, map labels on, Intra-map links off), that would be great, though it'd inevitably lead to adjusting all ~1000 links to shift them a couple of pixels in one direction or another. :lol:

I guess a 'remake' with the updated style of map would be a reasonable idea considering the huge number of 'fixes' that are found in the existing one that'd cause large numbers of links to be slightly out of place. Just, do I (or anybody else) want to spend a week (and a bit) fixing / adding the same 1000 links to the map or working on something else? :P

With this update, it was pretty much a case of adding Dungeon Maps and only a couple of small fixes from this thread.

Edgeville dungeon is missing.

It's found in the 'Misthalin Underground' map.

You missed a dungeon in the poison wasteland (Right by castlewars), as well as the Gu'Tanoth dungeons, and a dungeon in the desert near the Agility Pyramd (Deep desert). You sir, are a shame to map makers. ;)

The only additional dungeons that I've added atm are Underground Pass (commonly requested in threads relating to the map update), Temple of Light, Desert Treasure Dungeons and the Champion's Guild Dungeon (simply because it was used for testing and it seems pointless to remove it).

And, it might not be your fault, but why is there another dungeon entrance on Waterbirth Island's surface that doesn't match up with an exit in the actual dungeon?

That's one of Jagex's oddities.

Neo, you asked for me to show you. I am using IE8 maybe that's why the color changes.

http://i40.tinypic.com/21kvx4p.png

I can't see any problems with that image. If you're referring to the change in colour where the buildings are, that's what there was on the map when the screenshot was taken.

Moving my screen to look at it from a different angle, I can see the problem.

Does Neo Avatars go outside at all? Serious question.

I love you really ;) Thanks for this although I rarely use the world map, if at all, since I don't quest much and therefore have a very limited area to travel.

Ok, glad you see it, Neo ;)

I'm guessing you are using a laptop because on mine you have to turn it to get the colors mixed up and stuff.

If you could create a full updated map (100% zoom, map labels on, Intra-map links off), that would be great, though it'd inevitably lead to adjusting all ~1000 links to shift them a couple of pixels in one direction or another. ;)

I guess a 'remake' with the updated style of map would be a reasonable idea considering the huge number of 'fixes' that are found in the existing one that'd cause large numbers of links to be slightly out of place. Just, do I (or anybody else) want to spend a week (and a bit) fixing / adding the same 1000 links to the map or working on something else? :lol:

I'll get to work on the map. Any future map changes shouldn't modify the icon locations when V.3 is done, so it'll be easier for future updates too. I'll try to future proof the map as best I can. I'd personally like the map to be perfect or as close as I can. We just seem to have different qualifications to quality.

Looks amazing, but why is it so big!

That's what she said

Anyway, nice map neo

Guest footymaniac

oh finally good job ppl

Few errors found, but other than that, this is one major step for sal's.

This is perhaps the best feture added for a while, other than the databases's and skill calcs.

I will name the few errors. maybe im wrong. dont know:

Lunar island has a different shade around it, of blue.

Eagle peak area. weird cut off point in the map, under the yew tree's. right of the eagle peak.

Underground pass cut off. and west ardougne looks a bit weird

Thats all i can find

Other than that, perfect. Well done neo.

Dungeon maps don't even load for me, just fades everything and nothing is shown. ;)

Dungeon maps don't even load for me, just fades everything and nothing is shown. ;)

What's your browser? What operating system are you using?

And are you looking in the right place on the map? eg. the Temple of Light can be found west of Ardougne and the Kalphite Hive south of the Shantay Pass ~ Neo

Edited by Neo Avatars

Mine won't load

Same problem for me ;).

What's your browser? What operating system are you using?

And are you looking in the right place on the map? eg. the Temple of Light can be found west of Ardougne and the Kalphite Hive south of the Shantay Pass ~ Neo

Safari on a Mac.

Edited by RS Ace Gutta

Ah, never would of thought. ;)

I would suggest that it auto-navigates you to the map when you select it from the menu then if at all possible. Makes navigating through such a large map easier. :lol:

Edited by Warrior Zynk

this is the best map ever ever, congrats

Wow, I have to suspend my inactivity to say that is a BEASTLY project, Neo!

Great work, seriously that's just ridiculous.

Oh, also, grats on Admin. I guess I'm a little late to that party. =P

From today, i will always remember you as the internet-utility-maker ;)

Nice work, and i ahve to ask something: how did you make the map? :lol:

Very good map, so i wont need to use the in-game one :P

Edited by King Aragorn

Well, despite the fact that my dell mini 9 didn't want to display it anytime in the next century so I had to switch to my desktop ;) . . . I brought it up there and it looks great.

I don't often get lost on the surface anymore, but sometimes, especially if it isn't a place I go often, it happens. And I was ever so happy to see dungeons available beyond their only previous home of fansite dungeon guides. Now they're easier to access and view!

I am one of those who likes to have the map up in another window rather than have RS stop and desist while I pull up the map in-game. It's good to see a comprehensive, up-to-date map on our site rather then have to use other sites that shall remain nameless. I consider Sal's home and like "one-stop shopping" so to speak.

Edited by Sea Rayn