Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Mich93

Runescape's Best Weapon

When I think of the best weapon in the game I think of whip, d scim, bgs, ags, zgs, sgs, ss, barrows, etc...

What do Y O U think the best weapon in runescape is???

and be prepared to be critized by other players rofl. ;)

Commonly duplicated thread is commonly duplicated

Oh, and best weapon r elemint of surpirse

My friend a stick and some rocks with pretty pictures on them

I've sen killing noons with magic since I first started two years ago

My friend a stick and some rocks with pretty pictures on them

I've sen killing noons with magic since I first started two years ago

Rune Crossbow...

From 61 range to 99 range, across Tzhaar and God Bosses in the GWD, this pwnage weapon is undoubtedly brilliant, especially if like yours truly you have an epic range level to go with it, ;) I really think this weapon is one of the few that is underestimated. With a max hit of over 196, this crossbow hits higher than any weapon in Runescape.

I rest my case!

All weapons have their uses, even Silverlight >_>

It really depends on what you use it for, whip for training, SGS or SS for slaying, AGS, DDS or claws for pking, BGS for bosses.

My personal favourite is DDS. Extremely useful in any fight, the spec is just as good as claws, only slower. And cheap :lol:

Rune Crossbow...

From 61 range to 99 range, across Tzhaar and God Bosses in the GWD, this pwnage weapon is undoubtedly brilliant, especially if like yours truly you have an epic range level to go with it, ;) I really think this weapon is one of the few that is underestimated. With a max hit of over 196, this crossbow hits higher than any weapon in Runescape.

I rest my case!

That's pretty true, I only considered melee weapons. Of course I prefer msb or crystal bow because they're faster, but rune crossbow is still win.

Oh, but I thought it could hit 150? Or is the 196 in Soul Wars?

How would you be able to hit a 196 in Soul Wars? On the 'Boss' ?

But anyway, the Whip is the best. ;)

Rune Crossbow...

I rest my case!

I agree completely with this, rune cbow is straight out ownage in ANY situation. Not a single enemy i can think of that its not good against, including corpereal beast and other players.

Edited by Zindu

Rune Crossbow...

I rest my case!

I agree completely with this, rune cbow is straight out ownage in ANY situation. Not a single enemy i can think of that its not good against, including corpereal beast and other players.

Golems, which you come across in certain quests. Invincible to every weapon except melee ones, and only certain styles of attack with melee weapons at that. :lol:

But, no, really I agree also, even though I never use it. Simply because I like the melee armor and the protection it gives over ranged armor, I usually use my whip. Training range is quite boring compared to melee in my opinion, thus my lowish range level, so the whip is more effective for me anyway.

I'm interested in how exactly a rune crossbow can hit 196, though...

dbow is nice if u can spam some easy kills against pures but yeh i wub my rune cbow and all its pwnage btw its 200 max hit in soul wars

Guest Emanick
Rune Crossbow...

I rest my case!

Um, no, it only really counts against players. Rune bolts (e) are just special occasional cases, they really have no effect on a weapon's overall strength.

If a rune c'bow can make it into the 40s with damage somehow, that's all that it can do. The Armadyl Godsword is by far the best weapon, able to hit into the 90s at max health, ON PLAYERS. Amazing.

dbow is nice if u can spam some easy kills against pures but yeh i wub my rune cbow and all its pwnage btw its 200 max hit in soul wars

But that...doesn't count? :lol:

I'm not sure what the weapon is called because I'm F2p but I'd have to say it's that godsword where you jump up in the air and swing at them and you hit around, 50, that seems like a mad weapon to me.

As

Rubber chicken.

/Thread

Totally agreed, rubber chicken or flowers are the best weapon.

Rune c bow hands down. I hit a 42 on a PLAYER at 72 ranged without a pot or pray. You can't hit anywhere close to that with any melee weapon at 72 str/att even an ags.

Rune c bow hands down. I hit a 42 on a PLAYER at 72 ranged without a pot or pray. You can't hit anywhere close to that with any melee weapon at 72 str/att even an ags.

Dharok's, if you have 70 defense and low hp, but it's tough to get it just right on a player. Whip can hit close to that if you pot and pray enough, and wear the right equipment against some undead creature, but not against players. A friend of mine was doing that with 74 strength, and I calculated on Tip.It that he could hit 41.

But, Rune c bow is less complicated...and more expensive if you're really trying to hit that high. I still like the whip best, because it goes with melee armor which is better protection, it simpler to use, it's a one time payment, don't have to worry about running out of ammo, etc. I never PK, though, except in same minigames. In stealing creation, though, I use ancient's all the time, and it owns everyone except the occasional ranger with 70+ ranged, but they just shoot down everyone... ;)

Magic short bow: its cheap, its fast, it looks good and it has a deadly spec. I kill more people on my pure with my shortbow than with my crossbow

I would definately say whip. 1. it's fast 2. hits high and 3. it allows you to use shield.

Whip:

Fast

Powerful

Somewhat affordable

Widely available (If you lose it you can get it again, no problem)

One handed

Can't train strength

Can be replaced with d-scimi to train strength, but with loss of the extra kick ;)

~Vincent

A god sword may hit higher, but nothing beats a dds its got probably one of the best specs in the game, ands it only 30k. While a god sword is 17m minimum.

Guest Emanick

No offense, but I seriously doubt that. I am level 72 range and have never hit above low 20's with mithril bolts while unboosted. I can't recall what I've hit with rune bolts (I'm thinking 29-30ish), but it is NOT 42.

Dragon claws. Best spec in the game, hits high, hits fast and looks good.

No offense, but I seriously doubt that. I am level 72 range and have never hit above low 20's with mithril bolts while unboosted. I can't recall what I've hit with rune bolts (I'm thinking 29-30ish), but it is NOT 42.

With dragon bolts its possible, and of course theres ruby bolts