Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gravedigg154

Favourite Guitarist?

Mayer is awesome when he's in his trio.

Gotta agree with you there. Continuum and Try! are great albums with great guitar, but before then he was a boring pop star.

Joe Walsh

FFFFFFFFFF I can't believe I forgot Joe Walsh! His stuff is brilliant.

Steve Vai is the greatest.

He is one of the greatest in my book, along with Yngwie Malmsteen and Joe Satriani. Now those are some real guitar players in my opinion. ;)

Yngwie is famous for his use of the Fender Stratocaster guitar.

Edited by Warrior Zynk

Buckethead hands down ;)

He's my favourite too, although his name is Brian Carroll.

Adam Dutkiewicz

Robb Flynn and Phil Demmel

Oh ya, fave non metal guitarist is Joe Satriani.

Edited by 3volution

Steve Vai is the greatest.

He is one of the greatest in my book, along with Yngwie Malmsteen and Joe Satriani. Now those are some real guitar players in my opinion. ;)

Yngwie is famous for his use of the Fender Stratocaster guitar.

I'm a fan of Yngwie. Him and Axel Rudi Pell are really similar. Similar styles.. everything. Check him out, they toured together a while back.

Herman Li. He is a guitar god.

Who turned josh into a troll >.>

Joe Satriani and Ritchie Blackmore.

And i guess Daron Malakian from System of a Down sorta but less for his skills and more because he's on heroin or something everytime he goes on stage.

Kirk Hammett, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Vai, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Geezer Butler, Paul Mccartney, John Lennon, Slash, Cliff Burton, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi, Zakk Wylde, James Hetfield, ME!!!

Edit: I cannot believe I forgot SRV!

Edited by Darth Vezon

Geezer Butler, Cliff Burton

?!?!?!?!?!?

I cannot understand how people can say that the pure wankery produced by guitar players like Herman Li and Buckethead makes them a god.

Edited by ttttttttt

?!?!?!?!?!?

I cannot understand how people can say that the pure wankery produced by guitar players like Herman Li and Buckethead makes them a god.

They play bass, but bass is still a form of guitar.

I also agree with you that Herman Li and Buckethead aren't gods.

Edited by Darth Vezon

Between Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen. Though Axl Rose is a good guitar player, I'm not 100% happy about his singing.

Between Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen. Though Axl Rose is a good guitar player, I'm not 100% happy about his singing.

Van Halen is more of a shredder than Page, though they both are among the greatest.

Hey look two bassists in sigs on the same thread

Edited by Darth Vezon

?!?!?!?!?!?

The electric bass is as much an upright bass as it is an electric guitar, therefore I would consider calling Geezer Butler a guitarist to be quite wrong.

<----

Look at my avatar

This man creates sounds you don't know were possible in a guitar. To be a good guitarist, you don't need speed and precision, you need a mind for true music.

Tom Morello

Randy Rhoads or Ritchie Blackmore.

Nice choice with Ritchie Blackmore. He created some nice sounds with Rainbow. Good man.

Are you a fan of his song Temple of the King?

Yup ;)

Don't even get me started on that, I have several Rainbow albums, they were way underrated.

Another one I liked was the live version of 16th Century Greensleeves, with him playing Greensleeves at the beginning.

A couple more; Still I'm Sad (awesome instrumental) and Mistreated, which was awesome (and 13 mins :lol: )

?!?!?!?!?!?

The electric bass is as much an upright bass as it is an electric guitar, therefore I would consider calling Geezer Butler a guitarist to be quite wrong.

They are both electric, stringed instruments, they are almost the same except a bass can go lower. Geezer isn't near as much of lead player as Cliff, but he still plays a type of guitar.

It is as much an upright bass as it is a guitar, so why call it a guitar? The bass is clearly its own instrument. A violin and upright bass are both acoustic four stringed instruments, does that mean that an upright bass is just a kind of violin?

It is as much an upright bass as it is a guitar, so why call it a guitar? The bass is clearly its own instrument. A violin and upright bass are both acoustic four stringed instruments, does that mean that an upright bass is just a kind of violin?

The upright bass, viola, cello, and violin al have different ranges (i.e. a normal guitar can't reach the low B and a bass can't reach, erm, whatever the highest note on a violin is.) Thus, they are different instruments.

Edit: Why is an electric bass like an upright bass? I have a five and am getting a six-stringed bass.

Edit2: I just found a six stringed violin BTW.

Edited by Darth Vezon

The upright bass, viola, cello, and violin al have different ranges (i.e. a normal guitar can't reach the low B and a bass can't reach, erm, whatever the highest note on a violin is.) Thus, they are different instruments.

Edit: Why is an electric bass like an upright bass? I have a five and am getting a six-stringed bass.

Edit2: I just found a six stringed violin BTW.

Because they are two of the only four stringed instruments tuned to fourths(yes I know there are basses strung 1 all the way through to 12 strings, I'm talking traditional here). If you want to talk about range then a guitar and a bass are very little alike, so you just kind of proved yourself wrong with the different range=different instrument thing.

Herman Li. He is a guitar god.

Who turned josh into a troll >.>

Josh was always a troll..

Now you guys are judging me because of my taste in music? Just because I enjoy the power metal of Dragonforce with their guitarist Herman Li, doesn't mean you have to call me a troll.