Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Veni vidi vici

Metal Dragon Hunting Re-write

I'm having a little trouble getting those inventories as there are some things missing:

melee, ranged and magic should all have coins (905) and a holy wrench if possible to get better results from prayer potions

magic is missing the runes to cast a spell and what kind of runes do you need? Death? Choas?

Anyway I got the melee and ranged done already unless it needs to be changed a bit:

v4szls.png

[IMG=http://i42.tinypic.com/v4szls.png]

2zyfu4x.png

[IMG=http://i44.tinypic.com/2zyfu4x.png]

Edited by Roy

I'm having a little trouble getting those inventories as there are some things missing:

melee, ranged and magic should all have coins (905) and a holy wrench if possible to get better results from prayer potions

magic is missing the runes to cast a spell and what kind of runes do you need? Death? Choas?

Anyway I got the melee and ranged done already unless it needs to be changed a bit:

v4szls.png

[IMG=http://i42.tinypic.com/v4szls.png]

2zyfu4x.png

[IMG=http://i44.tinypic.com/2zyfu4x.png]

:box:

Thanks Roy, I completely forgot those... Knew I was forgetting something...

Will also fix the antifire mistake.

~Vincent

Should the mage inventory contain some runes? :eyebrows:

Yes, Roy brought that up. That has now been fixed.

I still need the magic inventory, it is specified (generally) in the guide. Just the runes for the best spell you can cast.

I am going to continue with the guide later.

~Vincent

Magic inv:

qrnamf.gif

[IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/qrnamf.gif]

Thanks everyone. Now I need a setup for mithril dragons. I need a setup for ranging and melee. I've heard that people don't mage them because they have a high magic defense, but I don't know much about mithril dragons. Off to do some research!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

~Vincent

Magic:

60+ Magic - Increases damage done to dragons. You should use the best spell you can.

60+ Defense - Just in case you get too close to them, a high defense and some armor will decrease damage

Ant-Dragon shield - Requires dragon slayer to be done. You will get slaughtered if you don't bring one.

Anti

Edited by Eman1051

For the anti dragon shield, you only have to start it (I believe), and you can also wield darts besides a crossbow and knifes.

Matt

Why do you not mention the Amulet of Glory for mages? Actually, a glory Amulet offers almost the same bonus as a Fury Amulet, so it may be better since it costs way less.

If you have Karamja Gloves (3) you don't have to pay the entrance fee to the Brimhaven dungeon.

Karamja Gloves (3) also offer an instant telly to Shilo Village -- and you can use a quick way back to Brimhaven if you pay 10 coins to Vigroy in Shilo Village.

It saves a lot on telly tabs and/or telly runes that way.

Just sayin' ...

Thanks for that.

Hey everyone, I need the recommended setup for mithril dragons. I have never fought them, and I also need pictures from where to range/mage them and how to get there. That is greatly appreciated!

~Vincent

I always liked this phrase -- not sure of where I first read it though:

"Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Somehow, it's always come to mind whenever I venture into the lair of the metal dragons.

:eyebrows:

Also - there has always been a fair number of players who take their dwarf cannons down into the metals -- most with some great success. You may wish to look that up too.

;)

• Gloves: Barrows -> Any other gloves that don't have a negative impact on your stats. Its okay if you don't have any.

Its -> It's

• Ring: Ring of Wealth -> Ring of life (For beginnners)

beginnners -> beginners

10-15 Prayer potions (4) - If you have over 70 prayer and are using good prayer equipment, you can bring less prayer potions. It all depends on how long you want your trip to be. More prayer potions means longer trips.

4-6 Antifire potions (4) - Again, the more you bring, the longer the trip will be.

Axe - Required to cut through the vines in Brimhaven dungeon.

Super Set - For lower levels, mainly if your combat is under 90.

your -> you're

10-15 Prayer potions (4) - If you have over 70 prayer and are using good prayer equipment, you can bring less prayer potions. It all depends on how long you want your trip to be. More prayer potions means longer trips.

4-6 Antifire potions (4) - Again, the more you bring, the longer the trip will be.

your -> you're

No - sorry - the original use of "your" is correct in this circumstance.

---

Also -- there are various gloves that can be used in this circumstance. I would suggest that you don't reference "barrows" gloves, as they aren't technically "barrows" gloves, but rather "Recipe for Disaster" ("RFD") gloves -- all of which gloves do offer at least a token amount of bonuses to all combat stats ...

your -> you're

No - sorry - the original use of "your" is correct in this circumstance.

Oh yeah, sorry, my bad. :eyebrows:

It is recommended to skip over bronze dragons entirely, unless they are your slayer task. They have an extremely low chance of dropping a dragon item, even lower than iron and bronze, so just skip them.

You made a mistake. I bolded the words.

Wouldn't the dragon slaying gloves from FOG be good for these on a slayer task?

• Gloves: Barrows -> Any other gloves that don't have a negative impact on your stats. Its okay if you don't have any.

Its -> It's Actually, Its is short for "It is" and It's is possessive. This is not being used in the plural form

• Ring: Ring of Wealth -> Ring of life (For beginnners)

beginnners -> beginners Thank you, I will fix that.

your -> you're Your is possessive, you're is short for "you are." In this case, your is appropriate because it is describing the persons combat level.

Hey everyone: I still need info for mithril dragons, as I have never fought them. Setups, Inventories, how to get there, and pictures inside the cavern.

Thanks in advance,

~Vincent

Edited by Veni vidi vici

Wait, your writing a guide about something you've never actually done, that isn't good. You're supposed to have done it lots, got a lot of experience doing it and learned how do it best, then write a guide, not the other way around ;).

EDIT- h only mith, but still you should have at least done them once to know what the hell you're writing about :eyebrows:

Edited by _Ej

Actually, it is just the mithril dragon part I haven't done because:

A: I would get murdered

B: I haven't done barbarian training

C: I have never found a setup that would fit my budget/needs.

~Vincent

Again if you can't afford to do them then writing a guide about them isn't your best idea. And not having done barb training isn't an excuse, neither is getting murdered, you're writing a guide about something you know nothing about is what bothers me.

Actually, the mithril dragon part could be a guide of its own. I've seen many different setups, and many different ways to kill them.

~Vincent

Well it would be easier keeping it in this guide, since they are a metal dragon, just because they are stronger they should have their own guide? And there are many different set ups and ways of killing Bronze-Steel too.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.