Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Sibannac

Nationstates

Hey guys, just to repeat myself to make sure everyone knows…

While we're keeping that active, may I make a suggestion?

I have just enough time to do this is why I volunteer.

Why don't we have our own IF or ZB forum for some regional events? Roleplay and the like. I think it would increase activity among existent regional members. Just an idea.

Basically regions stay active and thriving because they do something together. Whether it's invade other regions, RP, whatever, they do something together and it gives them a sense of regional identity. We don't have that yet and we need to do that in order to keep the region active. We don't have to recruit on the NS forums if we don't want to—but we should do something to include the other nations in our region.

Just my 2¢.

Speaking from experience, roleplaying is actually a lot of fun. We could have topics and forums for news briefs, sports tournaments, etc. We could also do celebrations and international parties and entertainment events.

It isn't difficult and I can even fetch some guides from the NS roleplaying forums to make it fun for everyone. When everyone knows what they're doing it makes RPing more fun for all :grindteeth:

Edited by Golf Foxtrot Sierra

Why don't we have our own IF or ZB forum for some regional events? Roleplay and the like. I think it would increase activity among existent regional members. Just an idea.

Basically regions stay active and thriving because they do something together. Whether it's invade other regions, RP, whatever, they do something together and it gives them a sense of regional identity. We don't have that yet and we need to do that in order to keep the region active. We don't have to recruit on the NS forums if we don't want to—but we should do something to include the other nations in our region.

Just my 2¢.

Speaking from experience, roleplaying is actually a lot of fun. We could have topics and forums for news briefs, sports tournaments, etc. We could also do celebrations and international parties and entertainment events.

It isn't difficult and I can even fetch some guides from the NS roleplaying forums to make it fun for everyone. When everyone knows what they're doing it makes RPing more fun for all :grindteeth:

I'm up for that. I think we need more active posting here and everyone being more active on NS first, and then I'd love to help/join this.

Just my 2¢.

I'm up for that. I think we need more active posting here and everyone being more active on NS first, and then I'd love to help/join this.

I don't really think we need consistent activity just to start it up but if I could get a majority opinion, that would be good.

I think we also need to be active in NS as well

Im not really sure what Manfi thinks but I think it should help us to be more active as well.

I left the Sal's Region because no one was really there, I'd be more than happy to come back if we are more active.

Also, surely we need consistent activity to get a majority opinion?

mini-games isn't a bad idea...

Well, we have 3 of us for now. I think it's worth giving it a go.

I've made a country and this is the summary:

The Holy Empire of Chuck of Norris is a tiny, devout nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The large, corrupt government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Religion & Spirituality and Defence are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17%. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Basket Weaving.

Bicyclists are banned from major roads, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, euthanasia is legal, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a serious problem. Chuck of Norris's national animal is the chuck, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the norris bill.

The bit in bold is my favourite part

The Holy Empire of Chuck of Norris is a tiny, devout nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16 million are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.

The large, corrupt government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Religion & Spirituality and Defence are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17%. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Basket Weaving.

Bicyclists are banned from major roads, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, euthanasia is legal, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a serious problem. Chuck of Norris's national animal is the chuck, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the norris bill.

Yay, four people now :grindteeth:

Have you joined the Sal's Region?

Yay, four people now :grindteeth:

Have you joined the Sal's Region?

I don't actually know how to join a region although I think I'm part of Absolution as I got a message as soon as I started.

I've changed :grindteeth:

New favourite bit from my summary:

young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables

Edited by Joyful Lemon

We may have five.

Manfi, Sarilian, and Salasitan…I'd like to hear from them since they're also regional leadership and all…

If we had that we'd be up to eight.

EDIT: I've also created the forum though it's offline right now, on purpose. I'm ironing out some things, posting the guides, etc. Created on ZetaBoards. Will post links when I've got some things ironed out. I will also be pre-creating accounts for the regional leadership, so guys, if you already have an account, don't freak out. For the rest I request that you please create your account with your NS name, not your Sals name. I'd like to see your flags somewhere as well :grindteeth:

Edited by Golf Foxtrot Sierra

Re-joined Sals Region. Any idea as to when the forum can be up and running?

Maybe another 1 week or so?

and welcome lemon to our region :grindteeth:

btw my country - peacefreedom

Ohaider slams.

I've been working on the forum and all I'll need to do at this point is copy and paste some links to the forum and it should be ready. I won't be able to do that until later today EST but when I do I will open it up and post links here and in the regional HQ.

Man, I remember this game.

I havn't played it in years though.

I might just have to give this game a go again one of these days. :huh:

hey! i just signed upa nd joined sals realm, my country is the fiefdom of nahtara...

anybody know what the point of this game is or what you do? :huh:

I just did the two funniest things I've done so far

1) I had a rapist castrated :huh:

2) Prostitution is now a bussiness run by my government :unsure:

2) Prostitution is now a bussiness run by my government :huh:

o.O hmm wouldn't it be better if private company run it? :unsure:

The Fiefdom of Natahra is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate population of 14 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Public Transport, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 27%, but much higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Pizza Delivery.

Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, divorce is illegal, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control. Natahra's national animal is the kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the lump of copper.

Natahra is ranked 6th in the region and 18,627th in the world for Largest Mining Sector.

thought that was fairly amusing :huh:

Category: Compulsory Consumerist State

Civil Rights: Some

Economy: Very Strong

Political Freedoms: Outlawed

Yes!

Category: Compulsory Consumerist State

Civil Rights: Some

Economy: Very Strong

Political Freedoms: Outlawed

Yes!

Dictator spotted :huh: