Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kaibamanjrs

What Is Wrong With People?

Remember that this girl is being sent to a Catholic School. Catholicism, although being a branch of Christianity, has different beliefs from other branches. In my own separate branch of Christianity, I have been brought up to believe that it's not the Church's power that can heal or 'save' this girl, but it's God's power.

Acting out of love?

Why can't it be out of love? Is it wrong for the parents to be acting out of a compassion for their daughter. People become blind as to seeing that it's not ignorance or selfishness that's happening, it's a love and compassion for their children.

If I may ask, is the girl content with this? Or is she totally against being sent there?

to get the gay out of her

I'm sure the parents just phrased it wrong - I believe that they are sending her there because they want her to see God's views on homosexuality and how he sees it as a sin.

I'm glad to see that SOMEONE is thinking with an open mind, unlike these people who claim to :eyebrows:

So you're thinking with an open mind by saying it's a parents choice about their child's sexuality?

Because most people with an open mind would see how homosexuality is not a bad thing.

and god or whatsoever has nothign to do with it, god is just another invention of the same cultural principle to be able to control people better

I agree completely with that statement and find it so sad that most people can't realize that.

+1

So if my daughter was a Christian would I have a right to try and make her renounce her faith?

I wouldn't say "make," like threatening or anything but, pretty much yea.

That's called Authoritarian Parenting and it's proven to result in unsuccessful emotional development in children (in most cultures and societies).

Furthermore, I fear a future of conformity and lack of individuality.

they just shouldnt be able to marry, or if they do, they should have their own preists
Please note that gay marriages have nothing to do with priests. They are celebrated exactly the same as heterosexual civil marriages, in front of a civil officer. Nobody is forcing the Church to get anybody married.

Because most people with an open mind would see how homosexuality is not a bad thing
Actually someone with an open mind would just let the daughter make her own choices. :eyebrows:

Because most people with an open mind would see how homosexuality is not a bad thing
Actually someone with an open mind would just let the daughter make her own choices. :eyebrows:

So in this case they would see how homosexuality is not a bad thing.

But I agree.

But I agree.

Not necessarily. There's an electrician around where I live, Michael. His family disowned him because he is a homosexual.

People are primitive creatures, that think with the basis of the core values instilled into them, more or less.

I just hate (maybe "hate" is too strong of a word) people that try to change someone's sexual orientation. I don't believe its a choice, I think its something you're born with. Sometimes it might seem like a choice because most people don't know their true sexuality until puberty.

I believe that attempting to change a persons sexuality can harm them psychologically.

Theres my two cents. :eyebrows:

I don't know if homosexuality is a choice or not. (seen as I'm not gay)

Though I've never seen a person change their sexuality genuinely.

A bisexual girl I know is one of the nicest people there is, and she's very attractive.(no, they aren't all dykes) It isn't something you should try knock out of people.

And even if they really had a good reason to, there's no beating sex (straight) for those purposes..

Actually someone with an open mind would just let the daughter make her own choices. ;)

But I agree.

Not necessarily. There's an electrician around where I live, Michael. His family disowned him because he is a homosexual.

So his parents obviously don't have open minds :eyebrows: and if they do, then they really don't show it.

people are just born that way. im catholic-so i dont think gay marriage should be aproved-but i respect them. they cant help it. i dont really care if there are gay people, they just shouldnt be able to marry, or if they do, they should have their own preists. you cant change sexuality by sending people to a certain school. it's also a huge waste of money cause it's not going to work. yeah, it's better education than public schools but she's going there for the wrong reason

Do you follow the bible exactly and obey ALL of gods laws? Probably not. Why respect the homosexuality 'law'