Sal's RuneScape Forum
Rene

General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread

I've made a crazy discovery: subtitles suck and should be avoided if the dub is passable.

People who go into rant mode about watching dubs are just pricks.

I've made a crazy discovery: subtitles suck and should be avoided if the dub is passable.

That entirely depends on the group that does the subbing. I have never really had a problem with poor subtitle work, but the dubbing has a major tendency to always come out just.. wrong.

My eyes can watch the anime while reading the subs. I have no problem with subtitles. I actually prefer them over dubs.

I just read Naruto. Decent chapter. Read a lot better. But, smiling? Wonder if this shows Sasuke as turning around on his plans.

And I'm also starting digimon again. I saw an episode on nicktoons. So many childhood memories.

That entirely depends on the group that does the subbing. I have never really had a problem with poor subtitle work, but the dubbing has a major tendency to always come out just.. wrong.

Hence the passable. The group subbing doesn't matter; it's an inherently inferior product that forces you to miss a lot of what's happening on screen. Also, it's really hard to pick up on a bad Japanese dub because we don't speak Japanese. You can't judge voice acting unless you're fluent in the language.

i also just watched attack on titan x:

i think it's probably my favorite anime now tbh

maybe it's because i don't watch /that/ much anime but it just seems really solid

I want to get back into bleach, but my only issue is, start from beginning, or after Ichigo saves rukia from execution

Considering things begin their slow descent into garbage shortly after Ichigo saves Rukia, I'd suggest starting from the beginning of a different anime.

Naruto is starting to get interesting again.

Like practically the whole internet, I suspect that Orochimaru is either going to revive Jiraiya, since Suigetsu and Karin are still with him, or he is going to go get Yamato. Right now, I am really suspecting Jiraiya, he will probably fix up Jiraiya body somehow,, so Jiraiya can use senjutsu against Obito (given how much research Orochimaru has done, I'm guessing he knows all about Onmyoudon, or w/e

P.S Those who watch the Naruto anime, I highly suggest going to watch the newest Naruto Shippuden dub episodes. I most say, the Tsuchikage's voice made me lmao irl, I totally wasn't expecting it, probably because I'm used to the subbed version.

Edited by chaosor

Just finished the one Fate and two Unlimited Blade Works routes in Fate/Stay Night. Is the anime any good?

Like practically the whole internet, I suspect that Orochimaru is either going to revive Jiraiya, since Suigetsu and Karin are still with him, or he is going to go get Yamato. Right now, I am really suspecting Jiraiya, he will probably fix up Jiraiya body somehow,, so Jiraiya can use senjutsu against Obito (given how much research Orochimaru has done, I'm guessing he knows all about Onmyoudon, or w/e

P.S Those who watch the Naruto anime, I highly suggest going to watch the newest Naruto Shippuden dub episodes. I most say, the Tsuchikage's voice made me lmao irl, I totally wasn't expecting it, probably because I'm used to the subbed version.

First off: Jiraiya's body was never recovered. You need the body to resurrect him. Second: No one knows where Yamato is. They've all assumed he's been captured by the enemy and probably realize that because he uses the First's techniques, he's now the new supply of the Zetsus (In order for Zetsus to live/produce, they need someone who has the First's techniques or cells). The huge reveal is now we understand why Madara is not letting the First fight. The First created senjutsu and is the biggest senjutsu user. He could easily defeat Obito. The Second has realized this and he'll probably use Naruto for the time being as the others should go help the First out.

Another thing: So it seems like Naruto does not have all the Nine-Tails powers and explains why the Fourth has the same Kyuubi Form as Naruto. It was just assumed that because he sealed Kyuubi, that he'd inherit some of the chakra. Also alludes to why he, himself was sealed in Naruto as well. You notice that Naruto's parents both held off portions of the Kyuubi (Fourth- Holds off the darker side of Karuma. Mother- Holds off the light side of Karuma). So naturally, if they were to be resurrected, they would still have the portions of Kyuubi, hence why a shadowy figure appears by the Fourth at the end of the chapter.

Orochimaru- He's given up on his plans. He's realized that he himself is not the deciding figure anymore, rather, its what Sasuke and Naruto decide after this fight is over that they should be more worried about. Hence why they flashed back to the First and Madara. That was all foreshadowing between the situation of Naruto and Sasuke. Only, it will appear that Naruto will have an answer to what to finally do after all these years.

Beelzebub

Kanzaki + Beel + Paako gonna destroy Himekawa.

Kanzaki is about to go ham on Himekawa. But that's all a part of Himekawa's plan: He knew the King's Crest wasn't enough to defeat the "soul-powered + King's Crest". So he made Beel "vanish" from sight of Oga so that Beel could assist everyone else. Anyone in contact with Beel will beat their opponent.

First off: Jiraiya's body was never recovered. You need the body to resurrect him. Second: No one knows where Yamato is. They've all assumed he's been captured by the enemy and probably realize that because he uses the First's techniques, he's now the new supply of the Zetsus (In order for Zetsus to live/produce, they need someone who has the First's techniques or cells). The huge reveal is now we understand why Madara is not letting the First fight. The First created senjutsu and is the biggest senjutsu user. He could easily defeat Obito. The Second has realized this and he'll probably use Naruto for the time being as the others should go help the First out.

Another thing: So it seems like Naruto does not have all the Nine-Tails powers and explains why the Fourth has the same Kyuubi Form as Naruto. It was just assumed that because he sealed Kyuubi, that he'd inherit some of the chakra. Also alludes to why he, himself was sealed in Naruto as well. You notice that Naruto's parents both held off portions of the Kyuubi (Fourth- Holds off the darker side of Karuma. Mother- Holds off the light side of Karuma). So naturally, if they were to be resurrected, they would still have the portions of Kyuubi, hence why a shadowy figure appears by the Fourth at the end of the chapter.

Orochimaru- He's given up on his plans. He's realized that he himself is not the deciding figure anymore, rather, its what Sasuke and Naruto decide after this fight is over that they should be more worried about. Hence why they flashed back to the First and Madara. That was all foreshadowing between the situation of Naruto and Sasuke. Only, it will appear that Naruto will have an answer to what to finally do after all these years.

Suigetsu and Karin aren't shown in the chapter, last we saw of them, they were with Orochimaru, with the Kage. Suigetsu is a highly skilled water style user, who can become water himself. Jiraiya is at the bottom of an ocean, and Tsunade knows he's somewhere in the Rain village. Karin is a sensor ninja. I am sure it will be possible to find Jiraiya. I mean, you know how there have been some plot no jutsus in this manga :P And don't forget, Orochimaru was the first main villain. I highly doubt he's simply given up.

Since Kabuto knew where Tobi's hideout was, I'm guessing that Orochimaru either knew, or now knows, where it is. He can use Karin to find Yamato. What use would Yamato have? Tbh, I have no clue, this one was actually a wild guess.

I didn't see where it said Hashirama invented Sage Jutsu? I agree about the rest about Hashirama/Madara's fight.

And it was already stated in the manga that half of the chakra was sealed in Minato, and the other half sealed into Naruto. The reason why Minato and Kushina appeared in Naruto's mind, was because they stored some mental energy into his seal, Minato's would become present when the seal was at risk of being released, and kushina's would become present when Naruto was trying to gain control of Kurama's chakra. That's why the resurrected Minato has Kurama's chakra.

Suigetsu and Karin aren't shown in the chapter, last we saw of them, they were with Orochimaru, with the Kage. Suigetsu is a highly skilled water style user, who can become water himself. Jiraiya is at the bottom of an ocean, and Tsunade knows he's somewhere in the Rain village. Karin is a sensor ninja. I am sure it will be possible to find Jiraiya. I mean, you know how there have been some plot no jutsus in this manga :P And don't forget, Orochimaru was the first main villain. I highly doubt he's simply given up.

Since Kabuto knew where Tobi's hideout was, I'm guessing that Orochimaru either knew, or now knows, where it is. He can use Karin to find Yamato. What use would Yamato have? Tbh, I have no clue, this one was actually a wild guess.

I didn't see where it said Hashirama invented Sage Jutsu? I agree about the rest about Hashirama/Madara's fight.

And it was already stated in the manga that half of the chakra was sealed in Minato, and the other half sealed into Naruto. The reason why Minato and Kushina appeared in Naruto's mind, was because they stored some mental energy into his seal, Minato's would become present when the seal was at risk of being released, and kushina's would become present when Naruto was trying to gain control of Kurama's chakra. That's why the resurrected Minato has Kurama's chakra.

I mean, they can do it, but it would take to much time. I mean, they can't just leave the battlefield willy-nilly. And Orochimaru told Tsunade he doesn't plan on taking revenge on the Leaf anymore because he knows Sasuke's plan is now an alternative to his. Both Naruto and Sasuke want to change the ninja world at it will come between the two to set it in the new direction. That's what Orochimaru meant by saying "The wind's of change are already blowing." Also, Naruto and the rest know something's up with Sasuke, and even Sasuke told Naruto that only one of them will live in the end (go back to when Naruto and Sasuke fight), not matter who's view is right or wrong, or even if they agree with one another.

Okay, what I mean by Harishima the creator of senjutsu was that his clan developed it.

Kushina technically appears because she was the previous host of the Kyuubi and that some of her chakra was the seal restraining the Kyuubi chakra (Uzumaki family were know for healing/sealing jutsus). And you're right about Minato. It was a compound seal (Minato learned a lot of sealing jutsus from Kunisha): Minato sealed Kunisha's chakra with the Kyuubi's chakra and since the seal had to be done through Minato, he came into contact with Kyuubi in order to put him in Naruto.

Question is: Why hasn't Naruto realized the Uzumaki clan is meant for healing and sealing? Guess he is more like farther like son.

Edited by Gary Oak

I mean, they can do it, but it would take to much time. I mean, they can't just leave the battlefield willy-nilly. And Orochimaru told Tsunade he doesn't plan on taking revenge on the Leaf anymore because he knows Sasuke's plan is now an alternative to his. Both Naruto and Sasuke want to change the ninja world at it will come between the two to set it in the new direction. That's what Orochimaru meant by saying "The wind's of change are already blowing." Also, Naruto and the rest know something's up with Sasuke, and even Sasuke told Naruto that only one of them will live in the end (go back to when Naruto and Sasuke fight), not matter who's view is right or wrong, or even if they agree with one another.

Okay, what I mean by Harishima the creator of senjutsu was that his clan developed it.

Kushina technically appears because she was the previous host of the Kyuubi and that some of her chakra was the seal restraining the Kyuubi chakra (Uzumaki family were know for healing/sealing jutsus). And you're right about Minato. It was a compound seal (Minato learned a lot of sealing jutsus from Kunisha): Minato sealed Kunisha's chakra with the Kyuubi's chakra and since the seal had to be done through Minato, he came into contact with Kyuubi in order to put him in Naruto.

Question is: Why hasn't Naruto realized the Uzumaki clan is meant for healing and sealing? Guess he is more like farther like son.

Agreed on orochimaru, but that's what I meant; Orochimaru would revive Jiraiya, who can use Senjutsu, to help fight Obito. It's already been proven that Reanimated bodies can be restored. That or free Yamato, who can use wood style, though at this point, I think that would be useless.

Still, don't remember seeing the manga say anybody created Senjutsu. Obviously somebody had to have, but I don't think it has said who yet.

And no, it actually directly says that Minato put his own mental energy along with Kushina's into the seal. Though it depends on the site you use, because subs vary on the translators.

And Naruto hasn't figured it out, cause his clan is kinda...dead.. :P

nah jk, I actually wondered that too, but I just assumed its because nobody ever taught him the techniques.

Agreed on orochimaru, but that's what I meant; Orochimaru would revive Jiraiya, who can use Senjutsu, to help fight Obito. It's already been proven that Reanimated bodies can be restored. That or free Yamato, who can use wood style, though at this point, I think that would be useless.

Still, don't remember seeing the manga say anybody created Senjutsu. Obviously somebody had to have, but I don't think it has said who yet.

And no, it actually directly says that Minato put his own mental energy along with Kushina's into the seal. Though it depends on the site you use, because subs vary on the translators.

nah jk, I actually wondered that too, but I just assumed its because nobody ever taught him the techniques.

The Senju created Senjutsu lol. That's why the Uchiha feared them so much and never came to terms with them, was because Senjutsu is the direct weakness to the Uchiha clan/Optical Genjutsu. That's why there was the war between the Uchiha in the first place.

The Senju created Senjutsu lol. That's why the Uchiha feared them so much and never came to terms with them, was because Senjutsu is the direct weakness to the Uchiha clan/Optical Genjutsu. That's why there was the war between the Uchiha in the first place.

that hasn't been stated yet. Plus, if Senjutsu was made by the Senju, then why doesn't Tobirama use it? Why wouldn't the first or second hokages have taught it to Hiruzen Sarutobi, their prized student? I could understand senjutsu, the 1st hokage, and tsunade all being related, as the first hokage has senjutsu of an unknown origin, and the third place of legend being related to slugs, the animal Tsunade summons, and the fact the 1st and Tsunade are related. But to me, there isn't enough proof that the Senju clan invented Senjutsu, beside the similarity in names, and it being an explanation how the senju could rival the Uchiha. I'm sure the senju have other ways to rival the uchiha without Senjutsu. I mean, Hashirama can use wood style, and we have seen it's capabilities. Even the Second Hokage, who has the flying thunder god, as well as the blade of the thunder god (in the anime anyways), powerful water style, etc.

Soul Eater is finished. Last chapter's out.

Boobs. huehuehehe

Edit: Just FYI, the spoiler above is not meant to be taken wrong. Please read Soul Eater 113 to understand.

Edited by Gary Oak

Just watched Death Note, first anime I've really watched, and I found it so enthralling! Any recommendations?

Just watched Death Note, first anime I've really watched, and I found it so enthralling! Any recommendations?

If you enjoyed the whole logic and deductive reasoning aspect of the show, I'd highly recommend Kaiji.

Edited by Guitarguy

im on episode 6 of jojo's bizarre adventure :love:

If you enjoyed the whole logic and deductive reasoning aspect of the show, I'd highly recommend Kaiji.

Kaiji's a solid recommendation. If you were more interested in the "genius kid gets god-like powers" angle, then go with Code Geass. Its kind of funny, Code Geass + Kaiji - Gurren Laggan = Death Note.

Kaiji's a solid recommendation. If you were more interested in the "genius kid gets god-like powers" angle, then go with Code Geass. Its kind of funny, Code Geass + Kaiji - Gurren Laggan = Death Note.

I'll give them a go then, thanks!

Ah, we finally get some Bartolomeo back story in One Piece.

Luffy's greatest fan lol

AND BLEACH IS BACK PEOPLE NOW THREAD CAN BE MOAR ACTIVE