Sal's RuneScape Forum
Rene

General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread

Why haven't I stumbled upon Kill La Kill until now? This series looks like its going to be one of my favorites :D

Sad news, No Game No Life is apparently only going to be 12 episodes long :( Hopefully they will do more episodes. I mean, they have plenty of content in that the main objective is to conquer the other 15 races in order to challenge "god".

I hate it when shows do important shizzle AFTER the credits are over.

YOU GUYS MUST THINK YOU'RE SOOOO COOL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Why haven't I stumbled upon Kill La Kill until now? This series looks like its going to be one of my favorites :D

Sad news, No Game No Life is apparently only going to be 12 episodes long :( Hopefully they will do more episodes. I mean, they have plenty of content in that the main objective is to conquer the other 15 races in order to challenge "god".

If No Game No Life really is only 12 episodes long, I'm gonna be mad. I'm already emotionally invested.

If No Game No Life really is only 12 episodes long, I'm gonna be mad. I'm already emotionally invested.

Well its only one season, but with all the information and plot they've presented so far, I don't see why they are ending it with only 12 episodes. If they aren't I would hope they do a kickstarter or something, because No Game No Life has such a beautiful art style and I like it very much :(

Edit: Finished Kill la Kill. Great anime, definitely had its laughs in the beginning and got more serious towards the end, but still able to make me enjoy it that whole way through. Would recommend it!

Edited by Gary Oak

Anyone besides me still excited for Sword Art Online season 2?!

Sort of. The first season wasn't bad, but it wasn't as snaztabulous as its funding made it out to be, and things tend to get more difficult in a sequel. I'm looking forward to it as any other show.

Eh. The only show I'm really looking forward to watching is Akame ga Kill. I might give SAO2 a shot, but that's only if someone I know actually watches it and tells me it's better than the 2nd arc of the first season.

Sort of. The first season wasn't bad, but it wasn't as snaztabulous as its funding made it out to be, and things tend to get more difficult in a sequel. I'm looking forward to it as any other show.

Eh. The only show I'm really looking forward to watching is Akame ga Kill. I might give SAO2 a shot, but that's only if someone I know actually watches it and tells me it's better than the 2nd arc of the first season.

I'm generally pretty excited, haven't really been into Anime for that long, but I thoroughly enjoyed SAO, also I'm currently watching No Game No Life too, and it's great so far! The chess scene was pretty epic

Is anyone else reading Koe no Katachi?

I want to healing to begin already dammit, and judging by the sentence at the end of chapter 42 the next chapter is going to be the same thing from her point of view instead of his.

Naruto

Lol I can't believe that was 'that jutsu'.

Bleach

Uryu is Gin 2.0, and Grimmjow confirmed based on the Garganta. Only Espada have been shown to open Gargantas of that shape. He'll also fulfuill the role of kicking Ichigo's shizzle in to bring him back to his sense since Renji, Rukia, and Uryu are all not present.

One Piece

Luffy is going to fight another string clone I guess. I wonder if Doflamingo can make string clones of other people? He could send a fake Luffy to meet with Robin and the others.

Sun-Ken Rock

Well, at least it went back to some of the joking stuff for a little bit before the final battle.

I also just read The World God Only Knows, and I didn't really enjoy as much after the goddess arc.

Finished Tower of God as well, and I'm excited for season 3 in July.

Edited by Sand Nagger

SAO2 didn't leave a very good first impression on me.

Some Naruto spoilers below:

Is Naruto still a thing? I think when I stopped watching years ago the great ninja war was about to start. I believe Kabuto/Orochimaru had just revived a bunch of dead ninja (kages, akatsuki and other legendary ninja) or something like that, and Naruto was doing some training to control the nine tails with Killa B.

Since then there have probably been released like 50 new episodes or something, and I have no idea what's going on. I'm a bit curious though, could someone put in a spoiler more or less what has happened? Then only thing I know is that it has been confirmed Tobi is Obito and that apparently Neji died.

Some Naruto spoilers below:

Is Naruto still a thing? I think when I stopped watching years ago the great ninja war was about to start. I believe Kabuto/Orochimaru had just revived a bunch of dead ninja (kages, akatsuki and other legendary ninja) or something like that, and Naruto was doing some training to control the nine tails with Killa B.

Since then there have probably been released like 50 new episodes or something, and I have no idea what's going on. I'm a bit curious though, could someone put in a spoiler more or less what has happened? Then only thing I know is that it has been confirmed Tobi is Obito and that apparently Neji died.

No idea where the anime is, but I can tell you from where you left off up to the point where the manga is.

Naruto brofists the fox and gets super saiyan. Naruto sends clones out to the different battlefields to fight their opponents and helps people win. Kabuto uses his trump card and revives Madara. Itachi and Sasuke use sharingan fiddlesticks and force Kabuto to release the jutsu. Madara is hax and frees himself so he doesn't get released along with the other edo tensei. Madara and Obito end up using the small bit of ninetailed fox chakra from some guys who lived in its stomach for a while that were revived and sealed in a gord along with 1 tail from the 8 tails, and the entirety of the other tailed beasts to revive the 10 tails. It takes a while to reawaken its full power since it didnt get all of the 8 or 9 tails. Naruto gets super saiyan 2 sometime during all of this I can't remember. Sasuke decides to revive Orochimaru through cursed seal magic and they then revive the dead Hokage. The first tells Sasuke about his past with Madara. They were friends and didn't know who eachother were at first. Ends up that the second killed Madara's brother, and then they all made peace and formed the village. The first wanted Madara to become Hokage, but the people in the village including the Uchiha didn't like him. He left the village and ended up fighting and losing to the first at some later point. He survives due to Sharingan magic and the lives by attaching himself to a tree and filling himself with the first's cells. During this time Madara also manipulated all of the events that caused Obito to join him, and watch Kakashi kill their third squad member. He made Obito think the world is evil and needs to burn. Back in the present the ninja alliance is fighting Obito + Madara + 10 tails while Sasuke and the Hokage squad are on the way. Not too sure on the order of events now, but I don't think that matters much. Sasuke shows up and says he wants to be Hokage now, and the dead Hokage all show up and everyone is excited and they start fighting people again. Madara wants Obito to use rinne tensei and revive him, but Obito ends up becoming the host for the ten tails instead. He gets magical sage powers and becomes only able to be damaged by sage chakra. During this time Madara and the first are fighting eachother, while everyone else is fighting Obito. They end up dragging the tailed beasts out of Obito, and then zetsu takes control of obito and revives Madara. Madara somehow gets more powerful when he doesn't have unlimited chakra and loses his eyesight. Smashes all of the tailed beasts and drags them in including the 8 tails out of B and the 9 tails out of Naruto. Sasuke tries to ambush him and he wipes the floor with him too. He then gets one of his Rinnegan from zetsu who took it from Nagato's corpse. Madara becomes the host of the ten tails around this point. He also gets magical sage powers. Sakura helps keep Naruto alive by physically beating his heart for him, and then they use the other half of the ninetails which was sealed inside of the fourth hokage and small bits of each tailed beast Obito, who is still alive and kicking because plot, managed to steal away from Madara to revive Naruto. Kabuto does snake magic to keep Sasuke alive. Naruto and Sasuke both meet with the Sage of Six Paths in their dream world and he explains that they are the reincarnations of his sons. Naruto gets magical sage body powers, and Sasuke gets magical red rinnegan with tomoe. During this time Gai is fighting Madara and opens all eight gates. He vaporizes Madara's chest, but he survives due to magical sage powers. Gai is vaporizing as well but Naruto returns at the perfect time to use jesus jutsu and prevent Gai from dying. Naruto and Sasuke fight Madara for a while, and then he steals Kakashi's eye to go to Obito's dimension and steal his other Rinnegan back. They fight a little longer, and then zetsu stabs Madara in the heart with Obito's body which causes Madara to turn into the mother of the Sage of Six Paths. She has hax powers and create new dimensions and change the landscape at will. Also Naruto can now fly, and he used an all male for version of harem no jutsu to distract her momentarily. I think that's about caught up.

Edited by Sand Nagger

SAO2 didn't leave a very good first impression on me.

I agree. Watched the first two episodes and was pretty meh, although I'll still probably watch it cause I like Kirito and Asuna

There still isn't a clear conflict in SAO2. I feel like they're abusing the pickup time that shows usually take, since it's popular enough that everybody will keep watching even if the first few episodes are bad. I just hope things will get at least slightly interesting soon.

There still isn't a clear conflict in SAO2. I feel like they're abusing the pickup time that shows usually take, since it's popular enough that everybody will keep watching even if the first few episodes are bad. I just hope things will get at least slightly interesting soon.

It's weird that it's 3 episodes in and the main character has yet to log into the game.

Well with all the SAO discussion, I decided to start watching it, and I can say I'm not even half way through the first season and have only cried 2 times.

Well with all the SAO discussion, I decided to start watching it, and I can say I'm not even half way through the first season and have only cried 2 times.

After you get through the halfway point, you may be disappointed.

Halfway point is very disappoint. You could stop watching after that, and pickup second season no problems. It's that pointless.

Halfway point is very disappoint. You could stop watching after that, and pickup second season no problems. It's that pointless.

I've read the manga, so I'm watching for the sake of the continuation. The ALfheim arc is pretty bad so far :/

reminder that code geass is amazing

that is all

have you guys read Oyasumi Punpun yet

have you guys read Oyasumi Punpun yet

I haven't, but a friend of mine just recently started it and keeps trying to get me to read it.

Just recently finished Evangelion and End of Evangelion. Should I watch rebuild now or wait until 4.0 is available?

Edited by Big Black Spook

came out of my anime coma again to watch Mushishi's sequel

anything else come out recently that isn't shizzle

My favorite is the Naruto Shippuden and the Full Metal Alchemist.

PS. Is this off-topic? Because the thread says general anime manga discussion. ^_^

I'm not really that big of an anime fan, however I will watch Death Note or Naruto if there is nothing else on.

Naruto? I'm a big fan of Naruto. And oh, Full Metal Alchemist too. Since I was young till now that I am an adult.