Sal's RuneScape Forum
Rene

General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread

Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Dunno if that one counts or not :eyebrows:) are my life. I love each of them to death, they are freaking AMAZING. Full Metal Alchemist is sick too, but, it doesn't have the intangible "it" quality I look for in Anime/TV Shows/Movies.

~D

Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Dunno if that one counts or not :eyebrows:) are my life. I love each of them to death, they are freaking AMAZING. Full Metal Alchemist is sick too, but, it doesn't have the intangible "it" quality I look for in Anime/TV Shows/Movies.

~D

all really mainstream titles and i really didnt like airbender because of how kiddified it was.

My List: (which is rather small ... Just a list of what I've seen)

@Cxk: I have the first 3 volumes of the Yugioh series, it's pretty. Never knew they made an anime from season 0 though. :eyebrows:

Also I found the Zabuza arc in the original Naruto a nice one as well.

@skelengel: Yeah Spirited Away is an anime movie.

@Meidou: Dude Mew Mew was awesome ... under the influence of certain illegal substances :3

Season 0 is the prototype, and in my opinion a lot more interesting then the rest of the series.

Bleach, Naruto, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Dunno if that one counts or not ;)) are my life. I love each of them to death, they are freaking AMAZING. Full Metal Alchemist is sick too, but, it doesn't have the intangible "it" quality I look for in Anime/TV Shows/Movies.

~D

all really mainstream titles and i really didnt like airbender because of how kiddified it was.

I guess so, but after I saw them for the first time, I practically fell in love. They're awesome. :eyebrows: I guess Airbender is kiddified, but I'm 13. :ice:

~D

i saw some .Hack dvds for 3 bucks each but i didnt pick them up because its composed of multiple series and im clueless which part came first

these were the legend of the dawn or something like that.

My List: (which is rather small ... Just a list of what I've seen)

Amatsuki

Battle Programmer Shirase

Bleach (Quit viewing, also skipped all the fillers)

Busou Renkin

Chaos;Head

Clannad

Clannad: After Story (Currently on ep 6, enjoying it a lot)

Claymore

Death Note

Dragonball Z (Who hasn't?)

Elfen Lied

Fate/Stay Night

Gundam Wing

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Naruto (Everything up until the fillers, dropped after the beginning of shippuden)

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Rosario + Vampire, both seasons

Rurouni Kenshin (also read the Jinchuu arc of the manga)

Samurai Champloo (18/24 episodes ... Should finish that some time)

Sayanora, Zetsubou Sensei

Shakugan no Shana I & II

Welcome to the N.H.K. (N.H.K. ni Youkoso)

Zero no Tsukaima (all seasons)

Also quite a few animes I watched but dropped after a few episodes (Higurashi, Ichigo 100%, Darker than Black)

---

@Cxk: I have the first 3 volumes of the Yugioh series, it's pretty. Never knew they made an anime from season 0 though. :eyebrows:

Also I found the Zabuza arc in the original Naruto a nice one as well.

@skelengel: Yeah Spirited Away is an anime movie.

@Meidou: Dude Mew Mew was awesome ... under the influence of certain illegal substances :3

From what I can see, I think you'll like a sappy love story like Toradora!

Season 0 is the prototype, and in my opinion a lot more interesting then the rest of the series.

Yeah, if it's the part I'm thinking off I can see why. It's mainly where Yami punishes bad people who come in contact with Yugi and his friends in many different shadow games, right? One of the shadow games that come to mind is one where they placed money on their hands and had to stab in the money using a knife.

I guess so, but after I saw them for the first time, I practically fell in love. They're awesome. :eyebrows: I guess Airbender is kiddified, but I'm 13. ;)

~D

Yeah, I guess everyone really has their own favourite series and opinions differ. We're not ones to be able to say you shouldn't like something because we didn't like it.

Also, in general Avatar isn't considered an anime due to the fact it isn't made in Japan/Asia, but it's made in the art style of an anime.

Watched the first 9 episodes of Toradora and then I dropped it. But this was straight after watching ZnT and SnS so that's probably the reason why.

I do enjoy love stories occasionally, but I also enjoy darker animes like Welcome to the N.H.K. and Chaos;Head. Aslong as it's nicely animated and well thought out I can dig.

I have a natural dislike of Mecha though. :<

Also, it seems like there is interest in this topic. So I'll put some work into the first post tommorow. (Adding a links section, some rules, some recommendations and genre explanations, etc...)

Watched the first 9 episodes of Toradora and then I dropped it. But this was straight after watching ZnT and SnS so that's probably the reason why.

I do enjoy love stories occasionally, but I also enjoy darker animes like Welcome to the N.H.K. and Chaos;Head. Aslong as it's nicely animated and well thought out I can dig.

I have a natural dislike of Mecha though. :<

Also, it seems like there is interest in this topic. So I'll put some work into the first post tommorow. (Adding a links section, some rules, some recommendations and genre explanations, etc...)

Zero no Tsukaima is horrible.

I'm currently following The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The main characters have been stuck in déjà vu for three episodes. ._.

Edited by Ramon

Yeah, if it's the part I'm thinking off I can see why. It's mainly where Yami punishes bad people who come in contact with Yugi and his friends in many different shadow games, right? One of the shadow games that come to mind is one where they placed money on their hands and had to stab in the money using a knife.

You stabbed the target.

I've watched a shizzleload of anime.

If I had to narrow it down, the ones that I enjoyed the most are:

Kino's Journey (w/ the movies)

Last Exile

Samurai Champloo

Fullmetal Alchemist (w/ the movie)

Natsume Yuujinchou (and the sequel)

Mushishi

Samurai 7

Mononoke

Black Lagoon

Crest of the Stars

Daughter of Twenty Faces

Ga-Rei -Zero-

Kuro shizzlesuji

xxxHOLIC Kei

R.O.D. (along with R.O.D. TV)

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Grave of the Fireflies

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Kara no Kyoukai

I'm currently watching Monster and I'm almost done with it (about ten more episodes to go). Didn't feel like it was the 'best' series ever, but it's good. Who knows, maybe the ending will surprise me.

Edited by Druin

Alright. Guys, is Blood+ any good? I've been debating over watching it, and I really dont know.

Oh and if anyone can tell me of the anime in which this video is from, I'd greatly appreciate it. My friend wanted me to watch it and the name escapes me at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUtoI6nGoOc

Oh and if anyone can tell me of the anime in which this video is from, I'd greatly appreciate it. My friend wanted me to watch it and the name escapes me at the moment.

It's from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When the Cicadas Cry). Coincidentally, that's the only anime I've watched since I was a kid. It's pretty good; I recommend watching it. Just be warned, you might be a little confused about everything for awhile, but most of it gets explained in the second season.

It's from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (When the Cicadas Cry). Coincidentally, that's the only anime I've watched since I was a kid. It's pretty good; I recommend watching it. Just be warned, you might be a little confused about everything for awhile, but most of it gets explained in the second season.

Wow, thanks for the quick response.

Greatly appreciated. :]

:eyebrows:

You people... With your lists filled with like... 30 different animes that you watch...

I don't watch that many different T.V programmes for crying out loud!

Haven't any of you discovered partying/drinking/weed?

Honestly, you devout anime fans out there, who're probably watching anime right now, please, please go outside, and don't return 'til you're wasted.

You people... With your lists filled with like... 30 different animes that you watch...

Honestly, you devout anime fans out there, who're probably watching anime right now, please, please go outside, and don't return 'til you're wasted.

Nope, actually I'm watching someone playing Yoshi Island via a stream, in a chat about random things, at the moment were talking about ferrets.

I dislike Pokemon. ;)

Naruto.... Because the first episode I watched was a pretty good fight. :eyebrows:

One Piece epic.

Dragonball

Dragonball Z

A little bit of Yu-Gi-Oh GX

Guys I thought Pokemon was very cool until they stopped using Brock and Misty for a while! Now it just confuses me with all of the new and more powerful pokemon and complex story arcs.

I do think Naruto is pretty awesome because he never gives up completely and when it looks like he's about to one of his friends helps him regain his confidence! I don't like how Sasuke abandoned him and the Hidden Leaf Village just to embark on a quest for power. I do think they're both good fighters but Naruto's rasengan beats Sasuke's chidori any day! :ice:

I also think Rock Lee is awesome and when he fought Gaara in the Chuunin exam it was one of the coolest parts of Naruto but I had tears in my eyes when Lee was informed that he would never become a ninja. I am glad he's recovered but think he should still take it easy all this time later.

I'm only up to episode 203 so if I'm missing something please don't give any spoilers guys! Thanks! :)

;)

Vampire knight is awesome! :eyebrows: Bleach and Naruto are good too. Death note is cool. I'm addicted to Anime.

Yet most of what you named is mainstream junk....

Why is it that anything that's popular is instantly labelled mainstream and is to be hated by every elitist snob?

I've been watching anime ( not counting Kenshin and DBZ) for almost two years now. If you take the the total time that I've viewed in anime is about 2-3 weeks out of the 104 weeks or so I really don't see how this would mean I would have no social life. Also you seem to have misunderstood but we aren't watching these series at the current time, all of the series I listed are ones I've finished by now.

Anyways, recently finished Clannad: After Story which was simply an amazing and touching anime. I'll be more in detail about it in another post.

@ Dad: It's mainstream because it is, I don't classify something that's mainstream as something that is automatically bad though. Everybody is free to enjoy what they want. Also, the whole first part was way too believable. :< Untill you used the ninja emote. ;)

Also I'd like to thank the mod I contacted for listening to my reasoning and taking the action he felt appropriate.

I dislike Pokemon. :ice:

Naruto.... Because the first episode I watched was a pretty good fight. :eyebrows:

One Piece epic.

Dragonball

Dragonball Z

A little bit of Yu-Gi-Oh GX

I agree with everything on that list except for Yu-Gi-Oh GX

I used to love Yu-Gi-Oh. ;)

Edited by Blasphemy

I've been watching anime ( not counting Kenshin and DBZ) for almost two years now. If you take the the total time that I've viewed in anime is about 2-3 weeks out of the 104 weeks or so I really don't see how this would mean I would have no social life. Also you seem to have misunderstood but we aren't watching these series at the current time, all of the series I listed are ones I've finished by now.

Anyways, recently finished Clannad: After Story which was simply an amazing and touching anime. I'll be more in detail about it in another post.

@ Dad: It's mainstream because it is, I don't classify something that's mainstream as something that is automatically bad though. Everybody is free to enjoy what they want. Also, the whole first part was way too believable. :< Untill you used the ninja emote. ;)

Also I'd like to thank the mod I contacted for listening to my reasoning and taking the action he felt appropriate.

I still fail to see how being drunk has anything to do with having a social life.

I've already mentioned the few ones I've watched throughout the random anime threads that have popped up over time, but I have some new ones to mention:

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. I made it a special point to watch this one, and it was worthwhile although the actual story is much better. There were a couple big scenes that had me on the edge of my seat, but overall it lacked great storytelling and really epic scenes that I hoped would be in it. And even though the visuals were pretty cool and original, thay got a little irritating. I still say it's worth it nonetheless.

With Hunter Robin. This one is pretty cool and kind of dark. Sometimes it drags a little, so I'm hoping there will be more epic moments and a more addicting plot will develop. I hope to watch some more of it soon; I've been watching the DVDs at my friend's house.

A Ghost in the Shell. I find this worth watching if there isn't much else to do, but it doesn't really draw me in that much. I don't know how much I'll continue to watch it. It's pretty cool I suppose.

When I was in fifth grade I would watch Yugioh every saturday, the original season rocked.

Then it started getting really boring and anime started looking stupid.

Still no one has responded to my question. Is Blood+ any good?

Still no one has responded to my question. Is Blood+ any good?

I watched a few episodes. It's garbage.