Sal's RuneScape Forum
Rene

General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread

Gunnerkrigg Court is best anime.

It truly is.

Queen's Blade is really well-done and a great show but is NSFW. :eyebrows:

queens blade has no plot and is only popular for the excessive amount of nudity

I just finished Chaos;Head, and I have to say, I fell in love with it. It is truly amazing.

My favorite anime so far.

I just finished Chaos;Head, and I have to say, I fell in love with it. It is truly amazing.

My favorite anime so far.

Great to hear that my recommendation was of help. Maybe you should try out Welcome to the N.H.K. (aka: N.H.K. ni youkoso) as well. It's also psychological but at the same time more modern and incorperates slice of life into it.

In other news, I'm back from my holiday to save this thread. :>

First post update is still on the shelf.

Thank God you're back. :eyebrows:

And sure, I'll try that one out. And now, I'm going for the weekend so, keep the thread alive! ;D

.Hack is pwn. I'm watching the series atm; 1+ to whoever recommended that. :eyebrows:

Monster ftw.

What do you guys think of the artistic differences between that of Gunnerkrigg Court and say, Naruto? Both are animes, but I believe the anime artistry of Tom Siddell is quite flawless.

i saw some .Hack dvds for 3 bucks each but i didnt pick them up because its composed of multiple series and im clueless which part came first

these were the legend of the dawn or something like that.

I'm sure those are bootlegged, nobody would sell those for three bucks each... :eyebrows:

Anyway, I'm watching Spice And Wolf and .Hack//sign right now.

Just recently watched Strawberry Panic :eyebrows:

I actually wanted to be Nagisa

Depends on how you define lesbian content. :eyebrows:

L is so hot

Edited by -REAP-

i saw some .Hack dvds for 3 bucks each but i didnt pick them up because its composed of multiple series and im clueless which part came first

these were the legend of the dawn or something like that.

I'm sure those are bootlegged, nobody would sell those for three bucks each... :P

Anyway, I'm watching Spice And Wolf and .Hack//sign right now.

Bootlegged anime is best anime.

Just recently watched Strawberry Panic ^_^

I guess that's an OVA from Ichigo 100%? If so ... I tried to watch that once but the fanservice was just too overdone. (Although Rosario + Vampire isn't much better ... And I managed to sit through that. :eyebrows:)

Anyways recently picked up the Claymore Manga. On Chapter 24 now and it really reminded me of how awesome the Teresa arc is, in both anime and manga.

Just recently watched Strawberry Panic ^_^

I guess that's an OVA from Ichigo 100%? If so ... I tried to watch that once but the fanservice was just too overdone. (Although Rosario + Vampire isn't much better ... And I managed to sit through that. :eyebrows:)

It's a totally different anime. From what I've gathered, it's essentially lesbian fanservice the whole way through.

The Claymore manga becomes amazing later on.

I just started To Aru Majutsu no Index. It looks very nice visually is all that I can say so far.

Edited by Ramon

I only watch one good anime episode a week and it's Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. Very good.

I just started To Aru Majutsu no Index. It looks very nice visually is all that I can say so far.

I actually started that up once and got to episode 5 or so but haven't finished watching it because I suddenly became too busy and sort of got out of the mood for it. I should start it up some time again, because if I recall correctly I didn't particularly dislike it.

Anyways just to throw it out there, here is my top 10 list:

1. Rurouni Kenshin

2. Clannad & Clannad After Story

3. Elfen Lied

4. Welcome to the N.H.K.

5. Fate/Stay Night

6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

7. ef - A Tale of Memories

8. Claymore

9. Chaos;Head

10. Death Note

Does anyone have an anime recommendation for someone who emphasizes visual quality and nuance?

Does anyone have an anime recommendation for someone who emphasizes visual quality and nuance?

Going by visual quality I'd have to say 'Chaos;Head' and 'Amatsuki'. The genres are two quite seperates ones though and personally I hated the way Amatsuki ended.

I find it hard giving recommendations when I have no genre to relate to but since you seemed to like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I'd have to say 'Chaos;Head' would be the better of those two for you. Then again Chaos;Head has minor fanservice running throughout the series so I'm unsure on how much you'd like it.

If it wasn't the scifi but the school aspect that you liked in Haruhi then 'Clannad' and 'Clannad: After Story' might be more for you, the visual quality of this series is definitely not bad either.

If you're looking for animes with unique art styles it would be 'Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei' or 'ef - A Tale of Memories'

Gankutsuou has a pretty unique art style.

Gankutsuou has a pretty unique art style.

So does the Bakeneko arc of Ayakashi along with the spin-off show Mononoke. Actually, both of their art styles are very, very similar to Gankutsuou's.

Ramon, you'll probably like Mushishi. Don't know if you've seen it already.