Sal's RuneScape Forum
Rene

General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread

Mmmm don't watch anime as much as I used to, pretty much sticking to manga.

Currently watching Phantom Requiem and Bakemonogatari though. Verrrrrrry slowly working through Kimagure Orange Road also, though I've restarted it like 4 times. >_>

Animea

This site has so much viruses and spyware......seriously. Go find yourself a nice streaming site. A lot of the better ones don't host licensed series though.

Edited by zellychan

The only anime I follow now 'a days is Bleach.

Edit: Not a fan of the filler arcs (Shoskue Amagai and Unknown Zanpaktou Tales). The Bount one didn't even seem like a filler arc, it blended in so well. With the other filler arcs, it completely cut the action from the original plot... it's like "What the hell happened!?".

The Zanpaktou filler is so far the most interesting in my opinion, most of the other fillers were bad. Nor did I appreciate a lot of subbing sites just subbing the head guys words as "German 1, German 2".

The only anime I follow now 'a days is Bleach.

Edit: Not a fan of the filler arcs (Shoskue Amagai and Unknown Zanpaktou Tales). The Bount one didn't even seem like a filler arc, it blended in so well. With the other filler arcs, it completely cut the action from the original plot... it's like "What the hell happened!?".

The Zanpaktou filler is so far the most interesting in my opinion, most of the other fillers were bad. Nor did I appreciate a lot of subbing sites just subbing the head guys words as "German 1, German 2".

Bleach 235 had an awesome looking fight between Hollow Ichigo and Muramasa, looked so great. :wizard:

They had to cut the budget somewhere, though.

295pfr5.jpg

Animea

This site has so much viruses and spyware......seriously. Go find yourself a nice streaming site. A lot of the better ones don't host licensed series though.

Not if you do it right.

Just go to the forums and search the downloads forum for the series you want and look for users who have a high rep power or decent post count with low rep power. I haven't had any viruses.

Haven't watched much anime recently though.

Romance of The Three Kingdoms will be interesting. Chinese history interpreted through a Japanese medium!

I just finished watching True Tears, and I enjoyed it: crisp animations, high production quality, and an engaging story.

Still haven't gotten around to watching much anime.

Watched a couple of Hayate no Gotoku episodes and recently got to what I presume is the switchover to the new season and to be perfectly honest Adam is right. Although the animation quality seems to have gone up a bit I can't recall laughing/smiling at one of the jokes or gags for a couple of episodes now.

Probably going to end up finishing it just to say I finished it though. :wizard:

Watched a couple of Hayate no Gotoku episodes and recently got to what I presume is the switchover to the new season and to be perfectly honest Adam is right. Although the animation quality seems to have gone up a bit I can't recall laughing/smiling at one of the jokes or gags for a couple of episodes now.

Probably going to end up finishing it just to say I finished it though. :box:

It's because the show stopped being a parody, which is ALL it had going for itself. :wizard:

The recent episode of Haruhi have been very good, but it doesn't make up for the Endless Eight garbage.

Probably going to end up finishing it just to say I finished it though. :wizard:

I was actually considering watching that again. My brother showed me this and it looked nice but I never finished the second episode. Would you recommend me watching this again?

I was actually considering watching that again. My brother showed me this and it looked nice but I never finished the second episode. Would you recommend me watching this again?

Sure I think it's worth it to atleast check it out and see the first season.

Although you probably wouldn't get some of the jokes if you haven't seen certain anime that they reference to.

Although you probably wouldn't get some of the jokes if you haven't seen certain anime that they reference to.

Examples, please?

Examples, please?

There's a part where Hayate tells this girl who says she likes him: "sorry, i'm only interested in 2D girls" and then shows a pic of some characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. One of the teachers get glowing red eyes in one scene and says "I will become the god of the new world". There were some Gundam references etc. A lot of the references would be lost on you since you've only watched 15.

Examples, please?

There's a part where Hayate tells this girl who says she likes him: "sorry, i'm only interested in 2D girls" and then shows a pic of some characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. One of the teachers get glowing red eyes in one scene and says "I will become the god of the new world". There were some Gundam references etc. A lot of the references would be lost on you since you've only watched 15.

Ah, I see.

How can you tell how many shows I've watched without hacking into my computer?

nvm anime-planet

Edited by Click This

Examples, please?

How much of the percent of the jokes are references in your opinion?

I've watched around 5 animes :wizard:. But I feel happy that I'm the person who've watched the most non dubbed animes in my school.

Also, is the manga , Fairy Tail, good?

Edited by Sonata of Light

Some guy made a show of liking Anime in English class. Made all of us who like it look BAD. It's just the person... The person...

Examples, please?

I've watched around 5 animes :wizard:. But I feel happy that I'm the person who've watched the most non dubbed animes in my school.

I heard good things about Fairy Tail although I've never read it. There is also an anime coming out from it this Fall which I'll probably watch since it's one of the few interesting ones coming out (I posted the poster of the Fall line up a while ago)

Also some other reference include a Fate/Stay Night and also several Rurouni Kenshin reference. Some Naruto ones as well I think.

Probably going to end up finishing it just to say I finished it though. :ph34r:

Examples, please?

I heard good things about Fairy Tail although I've never read it. There is also an anime coming out from it this Fall which I'll probably watch since it's one of the few interesting ones coming out (I posted the poster of the Fall line up a while ago)

Also some other reference include a Fate/Stay Night and also several Rurouni Kenshin reference. Some Naruto ones as well I think.

I've started reading Fairy Tail now and it isn't that bad. But I always get the American Version of Luffy (One Piece) stuck in my head when I read it. I can't wait for the anime.

I watched one episode of Fate/Stay Night. Wasn't bad. I just never had time to watch the series.

Examples, please?

It's probably better to save it for later.

Some dubs are pretty good, like Cowboy Bebop or Death Note.

I watched one episode of Fate/Stay Night. Wasn't bad. I just never had time to watch the series.

Meh, that's the problem with Fate/Stay Night. The first three or so episodes is just introducing to the Holy Grail War and the characters ( [insidejoke]BahSahKah[/insidejoke] )

Even then, I thought the anime was great but when I finished the Visual Novel and tried to rewatch the anime I just couldn't. xD

Meh, that's the problem with Fate/Stay Night. The first three or so episodes is just introducing to the Holy Grail War and the characters ( [insidejoke]BahSahKah[/insidejoke] )

Even then, I thought the anime was great but when I finished the Visual Novel and tried to rewatch the anime I just couldn't. xD

My brother has the visual novel on his external harddrive so I can just sneak in there and use it. :wizard: He also has a ton of high definition animes there. I never checked them because he always had the harddrive off also...

Recently started reading One Piece ... Slowly one at a time. :wizard:

Up to chapter 86ish.

Also, keeping this topic alive. :3