Sal's RuneScape Forum
Rene

General Anime / Manga Discussion Thread

Claymore. :(

I really wish this series would release more often. :D

I really wish they would start the anime back up. The ending was such a cliffhanger.

Woo, finished watching Bakemonogatari, which was really good.

Started Fate/Zero a few days ago. Awesome so far.

And I discovered the magic of DivX streaming.

(Better quality, no limits.)

Edited by Sonata

Started Fate/Zero a few days ago. Awesome so far.

And I discovered the magic of DivX streaming.

(Better quality, no limits.)

Lord El-Melloi: "I have set the entire top floor of my expensive high-rise hotel with magical traps! Beat that! You can't get to me!"

Kiritsugu: "Hmm... Some C4 here... Maybe there..." *Detonates*

trollface.png

Edited by Lute

Good.

Good.

Now we just need Kizu and Nise.

Out of sheer curiousity, how big a story gap is it between the manga and anime of Fairy Tail? Is it the standard mainstream "just a story arc ahead", or is the manga tons ahead of it?

I just started the show, but I was just curious if it was something to watch each week casually, or bother reading up on mangawise and kick Bleach out for good.

......and I should totally study more for tuesday's exam, but I can't stop watching. Guess I needed something to distract me with. :(

Out of sheer curiousity, how big a story gap is it between the manga and anime of Fairy Tail? Is it the standard mainstream "just a story arc ahead", or is the manga tons ahead of it?

I just started the show, but I was just curious if it was something to watch each week casually, or bother reading up on mangawise and kick Bleach out for good.

......and I should totally study more for tuesday's exam, but I can't stop watching. Guess I needed something to distract me with. :(

Fairy Tail anime is on about chapter 224 episode wise, the manga is up to 262 atm. There are also some small differences between the manga and the anime in terms of violence and ecchi scenes.

I dunno where you would place that.

I really want to start watching Fate/Zero, but honestly I've already finished the Light Novel so I know everything that's gonna happen. :<

Edited by Rene

Fairy Tail anime is on about chapter 224 episode wise, the manga is up to 262 atm. There are also some small differences between the manga and the anime in terms of violence and ecchi scenes.

40 chapters aren't that bad, thanks. I'll just decide later, but I'll probably just read up in an hour or so. I recently had to re-read most of Berserk just to catch up to where I was a year or two ago so.. :(

I have no interest in anime again but I'm going to be stranded at college without many people around for a few weeks. I may need a series to break up the monotony when I'm not reading or something. Here are my top anime in case anyone wants to venture a recommendation:

1. MONSTER

2. Death Note

3. Mushishi

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Kaiji / Kaiji 2

6. Baccano!

7, Eve No Jikan

8. Xam'd: Lost Memories

9. Code Geass: Leleoch of the Rebellion (not R2 that was garbage)

10. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (I barely even remember this though)

11: Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (Disregard, I doubt I'd like it now)

12: Elfen Lied

13: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

14: Pale Cocoon

Edited by Adam?

3. Mushishi

You don't know how much I'd give for more episodes of that show.

I'm not really able to recommend it, since I've only seen the first 30 seconds of the first episode, but Ghost Hound looks promising. Netflix recommended it to me based on Mushishi, and it has a 4.5/5 star rating, so it couldn't be too bad. It's about some high schoolers who have the power to enter the spirit world and investigate some supernatural events that are plaguing their town.

Edited by Plasma

I have no interest in anime again but I'm going to be stranded at college without many people around for a few weeks. I may need a series to break up the monotony when I'm not reading or something. Here are my top anime in case anyone wants to venture a recommendation:

1. MONSTER

2. Death Note

3. Mushishi

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Kaiji / Kaiji 2

6. Baccano!

7, Eve No Jikan

8. Xam'd: Lost Memories

9. Code Geass: Leleoch of the Rebellion (not R2 that was garbage)

10. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (I barely even remember this though)

11: Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (Disregard, I doubt I'd like it now)

12: Elfen Lied

13: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

14: Pale Cocoon

Requiem for the Phantom

3. Mushishi

I'm not really able to recommend it, since I've only seen the first 30 seconds of the first episode, but Ghost Hound looks promising. Netflix recommended it to me based on Mushishi, and it has a 4.5/5 star rating, so it couldn't be too bad. It's about some high schoolers who have the power to enter the spirit world and investigate some supernatural events that are plaguing their town.

I'll give it a look. And yeah, Mushishi is wonderful.

Saw it, Ramon. One of the worst endings of anything ever produced.

3. Mushishi

I'll give it a look. And yeah, Mushishi is wonderful.

Saw it, Ramon. One of the worst endings of anything ever produced.

Yeah, but overall it was good!

Mirai Nikki or Fate/Zero might suit you.

Fate/Zero production quality :(

Edited by Lute

Working!! is starting to become one of my favorite light-hearted animes of all time.

Anyone here read Sun-Ken Rock?

Working!! is starting to become one of my favorite light-hearted animes of all time.

I love Working!!!! :D :P :D :P :P

Didn't know other people read it. It's so fun to read :(

Does anybody here watch Bleach? Pretty underrated if I do say so myself, not many people that I know watch it. Same goes for other animes I watch like Naruto, One Piece and especially Dragonball Z.

Does anybody here watch Bleach? Pretty underrated if I do say so myself, not many people that I know watch it. Same goes for other animes I watch like Naruto, One Piece and especially Dragonball Z.

Bleach has been god awful for almost two years now.

Yeah Bleach is pretty overrated. Most people watch popular stuff like that instead of lesser-knows like Cowboy Bebop and TriGun.

Yeah Bleach is pretty overrated. Most people watch popular stuff like that instead of lesser-knows like Cowboy Bebop and TriGun.

Trigun is only unknown because it's so gosh darn old. Vash. :(

Cowboy Bebop is just as old, though it's still one of my favorites. <3

Bleach just arranges for everyone to power up like dbz then spends the next 6 months-4 years on one story arc.

I like Monster, 20th Century Boys, GTO, ah I can't think of anything else off the top of my head right now .__.

what are some good manga/anime?