Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ootachi

Pretty Serious Incident At My School.

You guys have prefects like Hogwarts? That is so cool.

Actualy a funny accendote, one of my friends has 4 houses at her school, guess what they're called after having a school vote on the names :eyebrows:

Its not that bad on topic, you miss the final week and get a 7 week holiday instead of 6, if his parents are decent they shouldn't care ;)

calls the police and gets a suspention for playing games? i mean, when kids find a glitch what do they think would happen? they should have expected that.

btw: your still in school? isnt it halfway through summer already? or does your school not have summer vacation? :eyebrows:

Edited by darrenshan

A pretty serious incident happened at my school today. It's rare, my school is in quite a peacful neighbourhood.

My school uses RM Tutor. If you don't know what that is, it's a program that lets teachers control your computers, close things, show them your screen, etc.

Somebody in my year (Year 8) found a glitch on how to get off RM Tutor. Go onto Notepad, type anything and log off. Press cancel and it will fool RM Tutor into thinking you've logged off but you haven't, thus releasing you from the tyrannous grip. They abused it to get off RM Tutor and play games.

A prefect logged onto the RM Tutor controls, could see that that person was playing games, and went to stop him. The prefect could see the abuser was logged on, but he didn't show up on RM Tutor. He found it he was using a glitch and:

Got him permanently banned from the school's computers.

Phoned his parents.

Exlcuded him from school for a week.

Phoned the police.

Honestly, it seems an enormous fuss over playing games. :eyebrows:

Your views?

it does seem over exxaderated ussually at smaller schools (like mine) they take smallers things very sereiously.

I know at my school a few kids got kicked off the computer (permanently) after secretly playing games during class. However, the incident was shushed and there wasn't much (public) fuss over it.

Honestly, the police? :eyebrows:

Edited by Radiance

Sounds pretty INTENSE! Is that that the most interesting thing that has happened to you recently?

Some of the teachers at our school join in on the games if they catch us. :eyebrows:

My bad, should have specified - OF COURSE you don't take 52 weeks of school a year. But in the UK, summer is shortened and there are more breaks spread across the year. This is called "Year-round schooling".

OMFG, he called the police???

I was on MSN in IT lessons and I didn't even get punished!

I broke the school security system and download Safari and iTunes and I only got banned from computers for a week.

Our head of IT doesn't know anything about IT. I asked him what the difference is between a JPEG file and a BMP file and he didn't know.

Edited by wildman

My IT staff suck that much they lost our coursework and didn't handicap us when we got our GCSE results.

your staff can't suck as much as that.

My IT staff suck that much they lost our coursework and didn't handicap us when we got our GCSE results.

Our teacher told use RAM stood for random automatic memory.

Of course. What did you think it stood for? Random-access memory? :eyebrows:

Some of the teachers at our school join in on the games if they catch us. :eyebrows:

Speaking of that, I convinced my main teacher (and also a substitute once, but thats not really an accomplishment) and the rest of the class to join me for a game of counterstrike. 16 people on lan is pretty enjoyable.

The RAM thing is conciderable mild in comparison to the coursework.

What exactly was this GCSE and coursework?

OMFG, he called the police???

I was on MSN in IT lessons and I didn't even get punished!

I broke the school security system and download Safari and iTunes and I only got banned from computers for a week.

Our head of IT doesn't know anything about IT. I asked him what the difference is between a JPEG file and a BMP file and he didn't know.

I MSN during IT all the time. The school I went to has Safari(Which, btw, sucks), and iTunes, even flash players, Garageband, and the teacher don't do shizzle if there are games installed on them.

GCSE is the name of the course/exams you do in year 10 and 11 (It's year 9 now aparently) and coursework is essentially an assignment. Your eventual GSCE grade is made up of your marks from your exams and courework. The exam was rediculasly easy (seriously, it was tick box answers and some of the wrong answers you could pick where like "evil network" or "zombie computer"), the coursework was so - so. I did alright in them but they lost it before we got out total grade and because of it everyone who took IT came out with a C or B at most. I got a C but it's a pass so I wasn't too fussed.

GCSE is the name of the course/exams you do in year 10 and 11 (It's year 9 now aparently) and coursework is essentially an assignment. Your eventual GSCE grade is made up of your marks from your exams and courework. The exam was rediculasly easy (seriously, it was tick box answers and some of the wrong answers you could pick where like "evil network" or "zombie computer"), the coursework was so - so. I did alright in them but they lost it before we got out total grade and because of it everyone who took IT came out with a C or B at most. I got a C but it's a pass so I wasn't too fussed.

Thats total bull, you should have complained that they lost it.

A pretty serious incident happened at my school today. It's rare, my school is in quite a peacful neighbourhood.

Wait its July and you have school.

I do decree you have won the WTH of the Day award.

Whats a prefect btw. (Havent read other peoples posts.) Sounds like some silly GMT Harry Potter stuff.

EDIT: And tbh the school should learn from the FBI. You hire those geeky kids that screw over your security system you donèt punish them.

Edited by Meidou

Thats total bull, you should have complained that they lost it.

we did but ef all happened. I don't do IT anymore so in retorspeced I couldn't give a dam.

Wait its July and you have school.

I do decree you have won the WTH of the Day award.

Whats a prefect btw. (Havent read other peoples posts.) Sounds like some silly GMT Harry Potter stuff.

In britain we have our holidays broken up throughout the year so our summer holiday is only 6 weeks long. Mine doesn#t start untill wednesday. Prefects are like kids with autority they have in posh schools.

Edited by Andyana

Prefects are like kids with autority they have in posh schools.

AKA The annoying whinmy preppy little nice doggies! i beat up throughout grade 10?

And howcome Harry Potter gets a full summer break but all the normal GMT kids dont thats just a dfailure and a half someone should sue.

madBush.jpg

George Bush does not approve of Britains educational System.

Edited by Meidou

My school uses RM Tutor. If you don't know what that is, it's a program that lets teachers control your computers, close things, show them your screen, etc.

Somebody in my year (Year 8) found a glitch on how to get off RM Tutor. Go onto Notepad, type anything and log off. Press cancel and it will fool RM Tutor into thinking you've logged off but you haven't, thus releasing you from the tyrannous grip. They abused it to get off RM Tutor and play games.

A prefect logged onto the RM Tutor controls, could see that that person was playing games, and went to stop him. The prefect could see the abuser was logged on, but he didn't show up on RM Tutor. He found it he was using a glitch and:

Phoned his parents.

Phoned the police.

Your views?

facepalmbhx.jpg

He Took it waaayyyy to far i play games on school computers all the time hsn't got me in trouble yet ;)

And howcome Harry Potter gets a full summer break but all the normal GMT kids dont thats just a dfailure and a half someone should sue.

http://www.tdhstrategies.com/images/madBush.jpg

I don't think we get any less holiday than Harry Potter lol...

And George Bush didn't approve of anything except failure, so tbh he really should approve of our education system :eyebrows:

I don't see where the police fit in.

I guess it would come under the Computer Misuse Act (1990).

And to clear up the school holidays in the UK, we have 39 weeks of schooling each year. Thats a couple more weeks than in America, but it isn't much more.

http://www.tdhstrategies.com/images/madBush.jpg

I don't think we get any less holiday than Harry Potter lol...

And George Bush didn't approve of anything except failure, so tbh he really should approve of our education system :eyebrows:

No but Harry apparently gets the same holidays as people do in America and Kanadia.

EDIT: LEAVE GEORGE BUSH ALONE!!!!!

Phoned his parents.

Phoned the police.

Your views?

We used to do it all the time, All you had to do was just log out of your computer when Control was being taken and when you logged back in you were free to do whatever you wanted