Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teh reaper

2012 Is Truly The End.

You know what they say pretty cool if you believe in this...

I'm not that concerned about the world ending...it just seems like another stupid apocalypse theory to me. However I am concerned about this shift in the magnetic poles (which reputable sources do believe will happen). I know very little about these things but surely a major magnetic shift would wipe every disk drive/other media that rely on magnets to store data? That wouldn't be the end of the world but it would probably cause a fair bit of chaos.

I'm not that concerned about the world ending...it just seems like another stupid apocalypse theory to me. However I am concerned about this shift in the magnetic poles (which reputable sources do believe will happen). I know very little about these things but surely a major magnetic shift would wipe every disk drive/other media that rely on magnets to store data? That wouldn't be the end of the world but it would probably cause a fair bit of chaos.

Meh I don't think it would. It happens rather slowly, and happens as we speak too... If you check the magnetic declination charts used for compasses in the 60's, they have a couple degrees of difference from the ones used now.

The earth is already in all of the dimensions that it's going to be in, but some of them might be incomprehensible to us. As from Hitchhikers Guide:

You move freely in the third dimension.

You move in a straight line in the fourth dimension (time).

And you stay routed to one point in the fifth (god knows).

"As Theory Says, Between 2004 and 2012, the Earth will make it's shift into the 4th dimension and shortly after to the 5th dimension."

I don't think the author of this understands physics.

Lulz, 4th dimension is time... Since time in only forward and backward also is singular, I don't see the earth going "into" the 4th dimension. Also the 5th dimension is just the possibility of infinite futures, the collapsing of probability waves that our eyes percieve.

Lulz for Physics Fail.

"As Theory Says, Between 2004 and 2012, the Earth will make it's shift into the 4th dimension and shortly after to the 5th dimension."

Lulz, 4th dimension is time... Since time in only forward and backward also is singular, I don't see the earth going "into" the 4th dimension. Also the 5th dimension is just the possibility of infinite futures, the collapsing of probability waves that our eyes percieve.

Lulz for Physics Fail.

Notice how they said "In theory"..

Lulz for Physics Fail.

Yes, and I just said how his theory is wrong-o.

Edited by Theranger92

Meh I don't think it would. It happens rather slowly, and happens as we speak too... If you check the magnetic declination charts used for compasses in the 60's, they have a couple degrees of difference from the ones used now.

Oh right. Cool. Not worried then :eyebrows:

I'm bumping this topic if it still exists January 1st, 2013.

Edited by Way to Dawn

Lulz for Physics Fail.

Yes, and I just said how his theory is wrong-o.

Yeah, and if their theory (more like unfounded hypothesis) goes against laws of physics... Then it's not a theory at all and is certainly wrong too.

And the other additional dimensions, that is the ones above the fourth, haven't, as far as I know, been proven to exist. They are predictions of string theory and only exist in extremely small scales.

Edited by Jose0

I wouldn't mind going into a 5th Dimension, cause then I might be able to see Two Dimension.

Point is, this is a load of crap. What about 2000, the world didn't end when they said computers would blow up or some other nonchalant crap people make up to scare us (evil baptist).

Edited by Hi

Nope, it didn't. People just make up this type of rumors to sell more books and to get more people going into money-sucking churches.

And you can already see three dimension :eyebrows: and feel a fourth.

GUYS

Blade Runner is set in November 2019

Therefore, Harrison Ford's badassness will save us all

That's all there's to it folks

Anyway if it does happen I will pull off a Titanic and play my guitar the last couple of minutes of my life.

Just to be sure, I'll have three beers and pocket a packet of peanuts. :eyebrows:

my friend now is giving me information about the egyptians. we've already gotten aliens. the egyptians were aliens. not possible that they could be starving and carry around 1k pound blocks.

Out of 5 pages of silly banter THIS post is the one that i must reply to.

The Egyptain workers weren't starving. Infact the workers who built the pyramids were treated great they recieved excellent health care a good pay and they were doing a task for their king which in their culture was payment enough in itself. Also 1000 pounds isn't much between 5-15 people theres highschool students who can bench press 800+ pounds and people who can pull planes and buses with there ears. Sorry but it doesn't take an alien to do that.

Don't worry, Doctor Who will save us!

Oh and I lol'd.

633697021705706310-december212012.jpg

Omg wicked funny.

Ya, well so many predictions about the end of the world have been made. None of them have happened yet. When it doesn't happen I will laugh!

I'll laugh if 2012 is "The End"

And then suddenly, God comes and revives us all.

XD

Doesn't everybody respawn in Worcestershire already? :eyebrows:

Edited by Arianna

I'll laugh if 2012 is "The End"

And then suddenly, God comes and revives us all.

XD

Doesn't everybody respawn in Worcestershire already? ;)

But, then who is to restore our gravestones?

Hmm... Worcester sauce :eyebrows:

I'm going to laugh when it doesn't happen.

Exactly what I will do :eyebrows:

Guest Emanick
my friend now is giving me information about the egyptians. we've already gotten aliens. the egyptians were aliens. not possible that they could be starving and carry around 1k pound blocks.

Out of 5 pages of silly banter THIS post is the one that i must reply to.

The Egyptain workers weren't starving. Infact the workers who built the pyramids were treated great they recieved excellent health care a good pay and they were doing a task for their king which in their culture was payment enough in itself. Also 1000 pounds isn't much between 5-15 people theres highschool students who can bench press 800+ pounds and people who can pull planes and buses with there ears. Sorry but it doesn't take an alien to do that.

Wait, wait, excellent health care? For people whose condition was (unfavorably?) comparable to that of medieval serfs? Are we talking about the same branch of reality here? They were the lowest in their culture (though the considerable majority of the population), and essentially slaves as they were paid in food (wow). They were decently fed but that's about as far as the benefits to their lives went.

I agree that they were perfectly capable of building the pyramids, but even to say that they were happy because Pharaoh wanted them to is making giant assumptions. It takes an awful lot of conditioning to make people undergo heavy work and enjoy it because they're serving their master, and I'm not sure there was that much applied. Ah well, it's all behind us now anyway.

GUYS

Blade Runner is set in November 2019

Therefore, Harrison Ford's badassness will save us all

That's all there's to it folks

:eyebrows: +1

Anyways....

Since the mayan's were wiped out by the Spanish, wouldn't they had seen their doom coming if they thought they predicted doomsday for Earth?

This is what we really need to fear:

jonas_brothers03_ad.jpg

In This Picture (left to right): Conquest, War, Famine, and Death.

Edited by Just2340