Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Light

What Type Of Job?

Ok so I am really in need of some money. I went looking for jobs but I cannot find anything that I would do. I hate dealing with customers and I cannot stand fast food places. I thought of washing dishes in a restaurant but it probably pays next to nothing. I then thought of getting a paper route, 3 hours a week 1 day a week. The pay is based on how many things you deliver but you don't find out that until you sign a 3 month contract so I could be stuck earning $20 a week for 3 months.

Does anyone have any ideas of types of places to work? I live in Australia.

you seem to be under the delusion that you can waltz up and get a high paying job with benefits at 17 which is not the case. most if not all teenagers work in the fast food or service industry and then work our way up.

also jobs are not supposed to keep you entertained.

Are you female? :eyebrows:

Just suck it up and get some low paying job, and save for education fees, I suppose. Then, if you can, get a degree.

It would help to know what you're good at, and whatever.

Have you thought about something along the lines of nightfill at a local Woolworths/Coles/any other supermarket? From what I know, you'll have to deal with customers from time to time but for the most part you'll just be stocking up the shelves for the next day.

How old are you? [/pedo]

That will make a difference as to what jobs you can take/will be more likely to get.

Have you thought about something along the lines of nightfill at a local Woolworths/Coles/any other supermarket? From what I know, you'll have to deal with customers from time to time but for the most part you'll just be stocking up the shelves for the next day.

Probably the best suggestion yet. My friend applied for a supermarket job and all he does is put up grocery karts in the parking lot and stock shelves.

It may be a little too late in the Summer but being a lifeguard is a great gig. Where I work I essentially work whenever I want and do next to nothing.

At 17 you probably aren't going to get anything above $10 ;)

There isn't really any real job where you don't have to interact with people (paper route=LOWWWWWW $$$$$), but lifeguards just sit in a chair playing games on their iPhone :eyebrows:.

You can't pick what salary or what position you within a career. I've worked at a local airport for 8months and now I am an Assistant Comm-room runner with a pilot's licence i got free of charge. I make $150 a week and I'm fine with it. The point is you must start low and work your way up. I started at $45 a week only working 6-9pm Monday to Thursday and I was the re-fueler assistant. Just find a nice job at a hardware store. They pay nice and you don't always deal with customers.

Edited by Hi

It may be a little too late in the Summer but being a lifeguard is a great gig. Where I work I essentially work whenever I want and do next to nothing.

At 17 you probably aren't going to get anything above $10 :ice:

There isn't really any real job where you don't have to interact with people (paper route=LOWWWWWW $$$$$), but lifeguards just sit in a chair playing games on their iPhone :eyebrows:.

Jeez, if any of you two worked as a lifeguard here you'd be fired in a second. Here I have a good amount of work to do lifeguarding, whether I'm on the pool deck or in the office.

Lifeguarding here pays between $15/hr and $25/hr. ;)

And no, we can't play on our phones at all during work. Well, unless you don't want to work for much longer.

~Bcloutier~

At 17 you probably aren't going to get anything above $10 :ice:

Jeez, if any of you two worked as a lifeguard here you'd be fired in a second. Here I have a good amount of work to do lifeguarding, whether I'm on the pool deck or in the office.

And no, we can't play on our phones at all during work. Well, unless you don't want to work for much longer.

~Bcloutier~

Also I stopped doing swimming lessons when I was 13 and it takes a massive amount of training to become a payed lifeguard.

At 17 you probably aren't going to get anything above $10 :)

~Bcloutier~

Also I stopped doing swimming lessons when I was 13 and it takes a massive amount of training to become a payed lifeguard.

Very true. You have to want to have been a lifeguard for a few months in order to get the courses done, at minimum. It's a lot of work to get them done and cost quite a bit, too. Lifeguarding isn't a job I'd recommend for someone wanting a quick job. It takes some dedication to want to do it. But the pay is worth it. :ice:

~Bcloutier~

Even though this envolves interaction with people quite a few kids my age (14/15) referee or umpire sports, it takes a short amount of training and pays $15-$40 dollars a game depending on sport and type of official. Also a few kids around my age work for pharmacies, you could try that, I don't really know how that works though.

The other option is going back to Mum and mowing the lawn for pocket money :eyebrows:.

As

I have had the same problem and the answer is I am earning nothing now.

I applied to every supermarket in about 15 miles radius of me, all the shops I could find and basically anywhere that usually employs teens. I worked at Burger King for two days but was told to leave as my background was different from the rest of the staff and it was causing tension.

A lot of the jobs that used to be taken by teens in the summer and now occupied as people are desperate for money so will work lower jobs

Doing that paper route is always a nice start. Then you could always just go around asking if people would like help around there yards. (Mowing the lawn, picking weeds, ect.). Other then that I really can't think of anything. I mean you could try being a paperboy, cleaning dishes and in free time ask around your neighborhood if anyone needs help. I think this would work nicely, but that is just me.