Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Kaknos

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

yes it should be legalised. It causes no serious harm to you nor anyone around you and even has health benefits for some people. It was only made illegal because some old guy thought that hemp was gonna put him out of bussiness.

Its not "Illegal" in Canada btw :eyebrows:

What is up with all you people and saying it's not illegal in Canada. I live in Chilliwack, B.C. (Canada) and it is illegal. I've heard this from a number of people and it is NOT true.

yes it should be legalised. It causes no serious harm to you nor anyone around you and even has health benefits for some people. It was only made illegal because some old guy thought that hemp was gonna put him out of bussiness.

What is up with all you people and saying it's not illegal in Canada. I live in Chilliwack, B.C. (Canada) and it is illegal. I've heard this from a number of people and it is NOT true.

In Canada its been decriminalised. If your caught with less then 14 grams of marijuana the worst punishment you can recieve is $125 fine. This was implemented because to many canadians couldn't cross the U.S border because they had "EV1L P0T SMOK3R" on there criminal records. Marijuana possesion is considered a minor misdemeanor.

Edited by Meidou

In Canada its been decriminalised. If your caught with less then 14 grams of marijuana the worst punishment you can recieve is $125 fine. This was implemented because to many canadians couldn't cross the U.S border because they had "EV1L P0T SMOK3R" on there criminal records. Marijuana possesion is considered a minor misdemeanor.

By your logic, marijuana is legal in California. You can't call something legal if it's decriminalized. They're two completely different things.

I get where your coming from, but even if minor it's still illegal.

By your logic, marijuana is legal in California. You can't call something legal if it's decriminalized. They're two completely different things.

Hence why i added quotation marks when i said not illegal. And in all honesty i've never heard of anyone being fined for possessing marijuana its only technically considered illegal in all actuality i've watched police officers walk right past obvious unhidden transactions on a daily basis when i lived in Toronto and Vancouver. So yes its illegal but its about as illegal as a 15 year old not wearing a helmet while riding there bike on there quite residential street if that makes any sense.

Edited by Meidou

I do not care about people smoking their weed, as long as these terms are satisfied:

No smoking in public buildings

Causing an accident under the influence of weed is a crime, similar to DUI.

(similar to above) Being under the influence of weed is not a justifiable excuse.

As long as the weed is not harmful to anyone but the user, sure :eyebrows:.

Actually no matter what happens to marijuanas legal status it would be considered impared driving (different from DUI). You can be charged with impaired driving for anything from Wearing a blindfold to having a loud pet in the back seat. Anything that impairs your ability to drive in any way is a criminal offence therefore whether it was legal or not being lightly stoned is still an impairment on your ability to drive and therefore you could be charged. (Whether you cause an accident or not).

Honestly i don't think there should be bans on smoking anything in any building (aside from schools libraries ect.) If you don't like the smoke in the pub go somewhere else. Places would be allowed to use there discretion on implementing there own smoking policies but i don't believe the governemnt should be able to step in unless place is luring people in then trapping them in a cloud of cigarrette/marijuana/whatever smoke its a choice for people to smoke and its a choice for you to enter somewhere like a restaraunt that allows smoking.

Honestly i don't think there should be bans on smoking anything in any building (aside from schools libraries ect.) If you don't like the smoke in the pub go somewhere else. Places would be allowed to use there discretion on implementing there own smoking policies but i don't believe the governemnt should be able to step in unless place is luring people in then trapping them in a cloud of cigarrette/marijuana/whatever smoke its a choice for people to smoke and its a choice for you to enter somewhere like a restaraunt that allows smoking.

"If you don't like it, go somewhere else" is a horrible way to manage something. The smokers are the ones disturbing others and the laws should be towards restricting them, not towards the people that aren't doing anything.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else" is a horrible way to manage something. The smokers are the ones disturbing others and the laws should be towards restricting them, not towards the people that aren't doing anything

The fact that i have to put out my cigarrette and deal with headaches and other side effects of not smoking for a while disturbs me tyvm. You entering a place and telling me to put down my ciggarette is just as annoying as the smoke i breathe into your face. As i said it should be up to the buildings discretion and people should be smart enough to decide where they want to go.

I honestly do not see why it hasn't been legalized yet.

I smoke weed every once and awhile, and don't see what the problem is.

Of course people have different reactions to things, but most people just sit around and giggle while high.

Technically it can cause lung cancer and other kind of things (a long way down the road) but cig's are so much worse, and they're legal.

Alcohol is 504598m x's worse and it's legal.

I don't see why it shouldn't be legalized. I think the world would be a calmer place if everyone just smoked a J LOL.

As long as there are restrictions, like no driving high (even though I drive better when I'm high)

or no smoking in public places, then I don't see any reason at all not to legalize it.

A lot of people operate better stoned anyways. I could actually see it benefiting a lot of people.

And fudge, there wouldn't be 493432139823 jillion people in jail for small ass drug charges.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else" is a horrible way to manage something. The smokers are the ones disturbing others and the laws should be towards restricting them, not towards the people that aren't doing anything

The fact that i have to put out my cigarrette and deal with headaches and other side effects of not smoking for a while disturbs me tyvm. You entering a place and telling me to put down my ciggarette is just as annoying as the smoke i breathe into your face. As i said it should be up to the buildings discretion and people should be smart enough to decide where they want to go.

A society cannot run if the laws don't support the majority while keeping the minority happy. It's just plain silly to think that anyone would want to make a law that forces people to endure smokers.

Actually no matter what happens to marijuanas legal status it would be considered impared driving (different from DUI). You can be charged with impaired driving for anything from Wearing a blindfold to having a loud pet in the back seat. Anything that impairs your ability to drive in any way is a criminal offence therefore whether it was legal or not being lightly stoned is still an impairment on your ability to drive and therefore you could be charged. (Whether you cause an accident or not).

Ok, we will go with your logic for now. Kindly tell me your home address and I will be sure to erect a large smokestack near your house, make it a "public building," and claim that "it is my right".

Or should I just go into your pub, smoke a carbon monoxide cigarette because it is my right to smoke anything I want in public buildings, and pwn you with monoxide?

Edited by DaNoobPro1337

So nonsmoker should deal with your disgusting (not to mention secondhand) smoke just because you don't want to experience withdrawal symptoms from your addiction? What kind of sense does that make?

So nonsmoker should deal with your disgusting (not to mention secondhand) smoke just because you don't want to experience withdrawal symptoms from your addiction? What kind of sense does that make?

None at all :eyebrows:.

It's like someone with swine flu saying "The fact that I have to take medicine and deal with swine flu disturbs me tyvm. You entering a public place and telling me to go home and recover is just as annoying as the germs I spread into your body."

And smokers even have a choice whether they smoke or not! People with swine flu don't.