Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Pepper

Texas Secession: An Appeal To Reason

America - love it or leave it.

The idiotic, jingoistic conservative slogan seems a little egg-on-the-face-ish now doesn't it? There's some dissent from the left when they hate what Bush is doing after years in office. There's some fringe jokes from the left about moving to Canada, but I don't recall politicians mentioning the like and they definitely didn't talk about destroying the Union. Now, mere weeks into Obama's term, the right doesn't like what he's doing and you get Republican governors, pundits, etc all seriously bringing up secession. What cowardly hypocrites! If you don't like how something is going in your country...turn tail and run away crying like a baby? This talk was borne out of anti-Obama sentiment, that's it. The reasons to make it sound vaguely plausible were put together after the statements were already made. It's anti-American, taking-your-ball-and-going-home, sore-losing, childish, whiny, defeatist attitudes. So when push comes to shove and crap ain't going their way, the conservatives pushing this kind of garbage choose to "leave it". Fair enough.

The idiotic, jingoistic conservative slogan seems a little egg-on-the-face-ish now doesn't it? There's some dissent from the left when they hate what Bush is doing after years in office. There's some fringe jokes from the left about moving to Canada, but I don't recall politicians mentioning the like and they definitely didn't talk about destroying the Union. Now, mere weeks into Obama's term, the right doesn't like what he's doing and you get Republican governors, pundits, etc all seriously bringing up secession. What cowardly hypocrites! If you don't like how something is going in your country...turn tail and run away crying like a baby? This talk was borne out of anti-Obama sentiment, that's it. The reasons to make it sound vaguely plausible were put together after the statements were already made. It's anti-American, taking-your-ball-and-going-home, sore-losing, childish, whiny, defeatist attitudes. So when push comes to shove and crap ain't going their way, the conservatives pushing this kind of garbage choose to "leave it". Fair enough.

I think I love you.

Did anyone else laugh at the part of the topic that said "an appeal to reason"?

Texas Secession = Appeal to Reason? Pretty sure that's an oxymoron.

Damn...and I thought the book I got the subtitle from was a #1 bestseller. Oh wait, it was.

Maybe because mere weeks into Obama's term he's doing everything wrong and not much nothing right?

And I fail to see how becoming a self-sufficient government of principle qualifies as "run away like a crying baby", but okay.

~Sgt.Pepper

Maybe because mere weeks into Obama's term he's doing everything wrong and not much nothing right?

Actually its more like because mere weeks into Obama's term a small minority believed that he was doing everything wrong and nothing right while the majority was in support.

Damn...and I thought the book I got the subtitle from was a #1 bestseller. Oh wait, it was.

Everything is a bestseller. Colbert's book is a bestseller. Good books aren't always right.

And I fail to see how becoming a self-sufficient government of principle qualifies as "run away like a crying baby", but okay.

~Sgt.Pepper

The book had nothing to do with the secession of Texas. The book is about skepticism of global warming. Dreams from My Father and The Audacity of hope were also #1 bestsellers, but does that mean that everything Obama says or does is right?

And if you think that Obama is doing worse in weeks than Bush did in his entire term, then I'd suggest a psychological evaluation. It's an almost laughable accusation, considering how Bush did so poorly that it was like he was almost trying to do bad. The only way Obama could do worse than Bush is to set up re-education camps and establish a malevolent dictatorship.

And he's referring to how liberals put up with the atrocities Bush committed to the United States during his two terms, and then how most conservative pundits, politicians, etc. act like brats within months and want to quit and go home because (God forbid) a liberal is in office.

PROTIP: Putting your signature at the end of each forum post does not make you sound smarter.

Edited by LCD

Weren't you the one telling everyone to stfu when people criticised Bush's politics? :eyebrows:

We wouldn't have this debt of trillions
Because the debt was $0,00 on January 20, 2009.

Right?

Although we've seen the arrogance of Rick Perry grace upon us, it'll never happen.

Federal governments subject seperatists to a state-wide referrendum.

It'll die right there.

And what makes you think that these companies will stay in Texas.

If Texas secedes then nothing is stopping these companies from just picking up and moving to another state?

Hmm, probably because Texas imposes the least amount of restrictions on these companies than anywhere else in America? That's why they are all coming here :eyebrows:

~Sgt.Pepper

I'm not sure if this has been said, but if Texas does succeed, you think that the companies would stay in Texas, rather than move back to America where they would have more customers?

And what makes you think that these companies will stay in Texas.

If Texas secedes then nothing is stopping these companies from just picking up and moving to another state?

Hmm, probably because Texas imposes the least amount of restrictions on these companies than anywhere else in America? That's why they are all coming here :eyebrows:

~Sgt.Pepper

I'm not sure if this has been said, but if Texas does succeed, you think that the companies would stay in Texas, rather than move back to America where they would have more customers?

Exactly. Most major corporations would not support something as Un-American as a secession.

Texas will never leave the States... It's not economically feasible. All those companies would just move to America, since they have licenses and crap with the American Feds. They wouldn't spend all that extra time and money just to be able to trade in some no-name new country.