Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Bs.

This isn't the first time its happened to me, no, like the hundredth. I'm SICK TO DEATH of it. I work so hard on something and then when I go to update it, it's gone.

1. I was updating my skill log once and it was all deleted. LUCKILY I had an old out of date backup.

2. Just 5 seconds ago, I was almost done with this. I didn't use a backup, because when I did curse of arrav it never happened to me. (I did use backups during curse of arrav btw..)

This makes me furious..

Edited by Full Mith777

IPB 2.3 hates us, Mith. 3.0 is out, and I don't understand why Sal didn't update this :eyebrows:

1. "We"/"Sal" can't do anything about it.

2. If it happened once, why not learn from your mistakes?

3. If it happens, you could press the back button, to go to a page where the almost completed guide was in your cache. That way you could've gotten it back.

~Razorlike

Edited by Razorlike

1. "We"/"Sal" can't do anything about it.

2. If it happened once, why not learn from your mistakes?

3. If it happens, you could press the back button, to go to a page where the almost completed guide was in your cache. That way you could've gotten it back.

~Razorlike

Why not learn from my mistakes?! Are you kidding me. I just told you how many times I've been saving backups in notepad! Someone told me if I full edited it wouldn't happen so I thought it wouldn't.. Plus it never happened before while I did full edits so I assumed it did work..

Erm.. As for hiting the back button.. I never thought of doing that, I was thinking about all the work I wasted :eyebrows:

It's happened on guides as well, or at least did to me once, Sal was able to restore it :eyebrows:. It's always good to have a back up of a large document somewhere anyway.

IPB 2.3 hates us, Mith. 3.0 is out, and I don't understand why Sal didn't update this ;)

Because when the site was upgrading the forums to 2.3, there were still all sorts of problems and issues with the first couple of versions, it was a hassle for Sal having to upgrade and reapply all of the modifications that the forum has every time a new update came out. Sal is also working on the big site update, so right now he doesn't have time to upgrade the highscores system or the other modifications he's written. So, he's looking to upgrade once 3.0.2 comes around, which should be fairly soon. - And this is all from my PM with him, by the way. :ice:

Why not learn from my mistakes?! Are you kidding me. I just told you how many times I've been saving backups in notepad! Someone told me if I full edited it wouldn't happen so I thought it wouldn't.. Plus it never happened before while I did full edits so I assumed it did work..

The forum staff can't do anything about it, this is a technical bug in the system. Just always keep a backup in Notepad whenever you're writing something big like a skill log or a guide, that's what I do. :eyebrows:

would using another browser be a good suggestion?

i say try it because i haven't had any of those problems ever since i signed up here.

would using another browser be a good suggestion?

i say try it because i haven't had any of those problems ever since i signed up here.

Nope it's an IPB glitch.

And dude, the back button is your friend lmao.