Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cxkslei

And The Cash Goes To The Kids

I find the kid who quit school to play GH a very sad case.

Dan a nice galz? :eyebrows:

To make money playin games you have to be amazing. I heard about the kid who programmed the doodling app and I haven't tried it yet

also the GH kid still gets tutored so w/e

Edited by -REAP-

Funny part is, the first three guys are all on a four man team.

Their last teammate somehow got the shaft :eyebrows:

I liked that guy's last name "a nice galz"

Sorry too late

Say what? I saw that Dr. Pepper can and I forgot to read the rest...

Funny part is, the first three guys are all on a four man team.

Their last teammate somehow got the shaft :eyebrows:

Lol.

HAHAHA DAN a nice galZ

GH guy is pretty sad though.

also the GH kid still gets tutored so w/e

Being tutored isn't the same as getting a formal education. And he can "practice" Guitar Hero after he finishes his schoolwork. So, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else who said that the kid's a sad case.

I'm impressed with the kid who developed the iPhone app, though. At 9 years old, and he did it for free. :eyebrows:

Edited by Topdog

For the amount of time they spend practicing, they aren't making very much money. Even the guy who totaled $100,000 in money has to play every day for hours to stay at the top.

I already knew about lil poison, apparantly his uncle was called Poison in all the games :eyebrows: I read about it in GWR gamers edition or summin'

Still.. getting money for playing games? Lucky little..

For the amount of time they spend practicing, they aren't making very much money. Even the guy who totaled $100,000 in money has to play every day for hours to stay at the top.

But you do what you (probably) enjoy doing

I find the kid who quit school to play GH a very sad case.

What's really sad, is that he's already won a $1000 dollars. And I've known dozens of bands who never got paid in their life, for playing their original music. And this little snot nosed twerp gets a $1000 dollars for "playing" someone's song on a piece of plastic? I hate the 21st Century, I hate Guitar Hero, and I hate Blake Peebles, they can rot in hell.

The person who has $100,000 in winnings, lets say he's gathered that over 5 years. That's 20,000 a year. Now 20,000 is fine for a single person who only plays video games, but then that person also has to fly to tournaments and pay for a hotel and food. Suddenly $100,000 doesn't look so big anymore.

Now maybe if this was on the side, but these guys spend such a long time practicing that it's not worth it.

The person who has $100,000 in winnings, lets say he's gathered that over 5 years. That's 20,000 a year. Now 20,000 is fine for a single person who only plays video games, but then that person also has to fly to tournaments and pay for a hotel and food. Suddenly $100,000 doesn't look so big anymore.

Now maybe if this was on the side, but these guys spend such a long time practicing that it's not worth it.

The guy who made 100,000 got it from being sponsored. I doubt he has to pay for travel expenses out of his own pocket.

Sorry too late

It's not too late to share my comments on this story. Everything can be repeated because everyone has something to add, even if it's been covered.

ok sorry

it's not too late to share comments on this story. Everything can be repeated because everyone has something to add, even if it's been covered

Sad to see that playing video games is a competition now... This has gone a little too far...

Probably going to be in the Olympics by 2016, I have no doubt.

Can't you just get a life and a real job?

~Vincent

Sad to see that playing video games is a competition now... This has gone a little too far...

~Vincent

Wow, just let them. It's not like it does bad stuff

~Vincent

How is playing video games much different than sitting in an office cubicle all day?

And I'm surprised you only just realised that playing video games have become competitions.

God guys, just let them play their games. How does it affect you that these guys get cash (that you don't even pay for) for pwning at games.

About the GH guy: Yeah, that is screwed up. But if he succeeds, good for him. If he fails, then too bad for him, it's his own fault that he won't have a prper education.

Jack: Guess what? If someone that isn't funded by you decides to pay the most kickass at GH, who are you to stop them?

Edited by DaNoobPro1337

Jack: Guess what? If someone that isn't funded by you decides to pay the most kickass at GH, who are you to stop them?

I just think it's sad that he is living an inauthentic life.