Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sol

The Eastern Lands

I am referring to the lands referenced rarely by NPCs but is quite evident. From what I know, it is the Asia of RuneScape whereas most of mainland RuneScape is Europe. You can tell that because Ak-Haranu has a Japaneese-style hairdo and a katana looking sword.

My main point of this topic is do you think it will ever be available to go to or explore? I personally don't think it will be in the near future, but someday.

Meh RuneScape has to keep being developed and eventual theyll have to use ideas like this so if RuneScapes still around in 10 years id bet on the fact something like this will be put in game.

Heck i think we might even be able to visit other realms (other than glienior*) because all the quests talk about them. But obviously none will be as big as glienior*.

*(Sp?)

I tihnk that With the new skill the eastern lands are going to be "discovered" pretty soon.

and i hope it does look quite asian...Like, the temples and stuff,

bendixlamatempleextnite.th.jpg

Something like that.

A new pretty place would be great ^^

Meh RuneScape has to keep being developed and eventual theyll have to use ideas like this so if RuneScapes still around in 10 years id bet on the fact something like this will be put in game.

Heck i think we might even be able to visit other realms (other than glienior*) because all the quests talk about them. But obviously none will be as big as glienior*.

Agreed. I don't think it's even in development yet. Jagex hasn't even hinted at whether or not there are any specific plans on releasing it yet.

Technically, we already can. The Abyss, Yu'biusk, and a few other places (mostly accessible by fairy rings) are not part of Gielinor. But I hope we get to visit the realm where the Mahjarrat came from sometime...

I tihnk that With the new skill the eastern lands are going to be "discovered" pretty soon.

and i hope it does look quite asian...Like, the temples and stuff,

bendixlamatempleextnite.th.jpg

Something like that.

A new pretty place would be great ^^

That's possible, but doubtful. I really don't think just one new skill will open up an area that big. The eastern lands will probably have to be at least as big as Morytania, more than likely significantly bigger. That's kind of hard to fill with one skill. 10 quests gradually discovering the area, maybe, but I don't think they would repeat so closely what they did with Morytania. Jagex has some creative people, I think they'll surprise just about everyone with this.

But I do hope it looks Asian like that. That would be pretty awesome.

Edited by Yippee

i think the eastern lands will begin to be introduced with a new vampyre quest... nothing is stopping the vampyres from building a navy of daeyalt-clads (runescape version of ironclads) and sailing east. vampyres would take the eastern lands by suprise and take a city. then a quest series would unlock the rest of the eastern lands and free the captured city...

We already have Egyptian culture in there, why not? Of course, I would appreciate it if it wasn't as much of a pain in the :wizard: to navigate as that desert...

We already have Egyptian culture in there, why not? Of course, I would appreciate it if it wasn't as much of a pain in the :wizard: to navigate as that desert...

:box: probably will be: real life asia has lots of mountains, rivers, and then theres the gobi desert.

Well, If those lands are ever released, I'll be the first one to buy myself a Katana weapon if they have it :wizard:.

Only if you can beat me to it. :box: They would probably have to come up with a very above par animation for it though...