Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
N0va Eagle 0

Fight Caves Equip/inven/stats :0

Question

Please, I need as many suggestions as I can get :wizard: Thanks for viewing, please post!

2i73fpk.png

2lax1rr.png

I have about 3m to spend on other supplies you recommend.

I dont want to do crystal bow method, too expensive and I don't have membs for much longer. But...

I've looked at Karil xbow and racks, and that looks ok but i still dont know. Help me out! Give me pointers please, I really really really want this fire cape :box:

And about the broad bolts/diamond (e). I didnt feel like using all my cash on 1k diamond (e) bolts but if you think it's necessary then say so :/

N0va

Edited by N0va Eagle 0

21 answers to this question

When I did fight caves, i tried with crystal bow, karils and rune cross bow. The best method for me when karils>crystal>rune c bow. Also remove 3 sara brews, bring 50-100 sweets and two more super restores. If you don't pray against rangers, wear guthans and range them, or just heal on them. That's all the help I can give you.

When I did fight caves, i tried with crystal bow, karils and rune cross bow. The best method for me when karils>crystal>rune c bow. Also remove 3 sara brews, bring 50-100 sweets and two more super restores. If you don't pray against rangers, wear guthans and range them, or just heal on them. That's all the help I can give you.

Thanks! I will try rune cbow and bolts first and I'll see how it goes :wizard: And yea Ill remove those brews and add the sup restores. Thanks!

N0va

Edited by N0va Eagle 0

Thanks! I will try rune cbow and bolts first and I'll see how it goes :wizard: And yea Ill remove those brews and add the sup sets. Thanks!

N0va

Super sets??? Super restores, umm you might wanna ditch the diamond bolts, you can kill jad with broad easily.

Thanks! I will try rune cbow and bolts first and I'll see how it goes :box: And yea Ill remove those brews and add the sup sets. Thanks!

N0va

Super sets??? Super restores, umm you might wanna ditch the diamond bolts, you can kill jad with broad easily.

Yea super restores, sorry :wizard: And oh ok, that would save me some cashies :/ thanks man

N0va

if u have somewhat experience on it, 84 range is almost certain for getting it(aslong as u dont mess up pray, dc, etc.)

if u have somewhat experience on it, 84 range is almost certain for getting it(aslong as u dont mess up pray, dc, etc.)

Yea I thought so. I think the healers will be the problem for me

Thanks!!

N0va

Yea I thought so. I think the healers will be the problem for me

Thanks!!

N0va

shoot them once, then run through jad while hes charging up his mage attack. Thats the best advice I can give you.

Please, I need as many suggestions as I can get :wizard: Thanks for viewing, please post!

2i73fpk.png

2lax1rr.png

I dont want to do crystal bow method, too expensive and I don't have membs for much longer. But...

I've looked at Karil xbow and racks, and that looks ok but i still dont know. Help me out! Give me pointers please, I really really really want this fire cape :box:

And about the broad bolts/diamond (e). I didnt feel like using all my cash on 1k diamond (e) bolts but if you think it's necessary then say so :/

N0va

That...looks good!

300 Diamond (e) is more than enough.

Use Verac's skirt instead of Black Dragonhide legs, simply for the pray bonus.

Other than that, if you want to, swap the Saradomin Body out for something else, Karil's, if you can afford it, or just plain Black Dragonhide body. I recommend the Dragonhide body.

Other than that, if you want to, swap the Saradomin Body out for something else, Karil's, if you can afford it, or just plain Black Dragonhide body. I recommend the Dragonhide body.

If you recommend going with a black dragonhide body, then he can just stick with his Saradomin body, as there is no difference in stats, is there?

2i73fpk.png

2lax1rr.png

And about the broad bolts/diamond (e). I didnt feel like using all my cash on 1k diamond (e) bolts but if you think it's necessary then say so :D

N0va

That...looks good!

300 Diamond (e) is more than enough.

Use Verac's skirt instead of Black Dragonhide legs, simply for the pray bonus.

If you recommend going with a black dragonhide body, then he can just stick with his Saradomin body, as there is no difference in stats, is there?

You're correct, there isn't.

Dj i used broads for jad and then spent 100k in Morrigan throwing axes for Jad

I half barred him in 5 hits... lol.

I died though..., mainly because i got nervous :P

-Gaia

Thanks all :/ I am thinking of using verac or proselyte helm and verc skirt instead of guthans tho. Cuz I'll never even use the healing tbh and i'll need more pray bonus sooo :rich: Thanks all for the help!

n0va

Hmm good idea, i found Verac > Guthan.

By the way if you have done the quest get the holy wrench (think its called like that), makes the prayer pots/restores give more prayer points (like 1 or 2) saves you a lot of money in the long run :wizard:

-Gaia

Hmm good idea, i found Verac > Guthan.

By the way if you have done the quest get the holy wrench (think its called like that), makes the prayer pots/restores give more prayer points (like 1 or 2) saves you a lot of money in the long run :box:

-Gaia

Ya i got one of those. Didn't know if it worked for restores tho :wizard:

N0va

Stats are great.

Wear helm of neitiznot or verac's helm, and Verac's skirt, other than that gear is good. Get 500 diamond (e) bolts though, you can just resell the leftovers, I've seen people use more than 500 too.

Inventory should be as follows:

- 8 Sara Brews

- 2 Ranging Pots

- 18 Super Restores

Forget Guthan's, you're going to want those extra pots a lot more.

And swap d'hide body for Karil's if you can, otherwise it's fine.

As for the healers, just attack them once each so they don't heal Jad, and with that gear/inventory you can tank them easily. If you want to get fancy you can learn to trap them but for a first effort just pull them to you. The key to beating Jad is staying calm and focused.

I have never actually got the firecape; the best I have done (and what I usually do lately) is get to the healers, lure them off of Jad, and get him down to around 1/2 health then I make a mistake and Jad one hit kills me. Despite this fact, I still believe I know a fair bit about the caves (I have 35k tokkul in my bank all from this) so here are my suggestions:

Do not swap the dragonhide body for anything else except for armadyl. Some people say Karil's is better for the caves but I believe that it is actually about the same as good (in other words, don't blow your money on it) as it has slightly worse melee defenses in exchange for two more range defense and a decent bit more magic defense which you will be praying against most of the time anyway.

Upgrading the glory to a fury would probably be a good idea (you could just borrow one for a few hours if you don't want to spend that much cash) The extra defence of the fury will help a lot especially with your stats.

Don't use dragon boots they give negative range attack and only melee defence. If you don't have the money for ranger boots, then I would say the next best is probably white boots or snakeskin, depending on your stats. Bandos boots are better than white but I don't really think the cash you spend on them is really worth it if you are only going to use them in the fight caves. In your case I would use white boots

A granite shield wouldn't be a bad idea considering your defence and range levels.

I would suggest you lose the Guthan's and just use Verac's helm and skirt instead. Guthan's will just make the caves take you almost 50 percent longer and you are more likely to make mistakes with it because you are constantly switching weapons. Verac's armour will give you a little more prayer bonus which will help you a lot Although if you insist on using Guthan's I highly recommend wearing the chainskirt instead of the chaps whenever you could be attacked by a level 90 or 180.

You probably won't need diamond bolts for Jad although if you are going to use them switch to them when the last 360 is at around 1/3 health or so. I know this sounds like common sense but I missed that the first few times I got to Jad. Do not use diamond bolts for the whole time unless you have a lot of money to blow. I'm guessing if you would use diamond bolts throughout it would add an extra 400-500k to each try at the caves.

If you have the holy wrench bring it. It will make each potion give a couple extra prayer points.

If this is your first time a few purple sweets are probably a good idea to bring with you because it will take a while getting used to blocking off the 180s.

Finally, before you go to the caves, watch a couple videos so you know what Jad's attacks look like.

Edited by elapid

For some extra cash, not the stats.

EDIT: For more prayer bonus, you can use a God Stole, I normally do.

Edited by Mr Game and Watch

Do it how the pro's do it. VK melee, super sets, piety and veng. Then again, every time I tried to kill Jad on heavy hits alone I messed up somehow.

Your setup is good. I had a lot higher def so I dunno if you need more or less brews. I used Karil X for one cape and rune X/broads for the second. Karils will cost more. Some sweets will help as well.

Given my tank-ish defence I just put guth on and healed from the 90's.