Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jim9435

Death Penalty

You know what I find weird, people who are pro-abortion are against the death penalty, where it is alright to kill a fetus who has done nothing wrong, but not alright to kill someone who has done plenty wrong.

Just a thought.

A fetus is not a person.

A fetus is not a human.

A fetus is not a living being before 7 weeks of pregnancy.

This is a completely different debate. You know what I find funny? Pro-lifers who would love seeing as many people killed as possible.

A fetus is not a person.

A fetus is not a human.

A fetus is not a living being before 7 weeks of pregnancy.

You are well beyond misinformed. A fetus is a person (at least this is a matter of opinion, I think it is so I will fight hard to keep them alive), a fetus is a human (honestly, it has human DNA, do you think it's a dog or something?) and it is alive from the moment of conception onwards (as in, meets the characteristics of life). Actually, the sperm and egg are alive, too, but they're part of the father and mother (respectively).

If you're so intent on them suffering, why are you for the death penalty? Putting them to death would only end any suffering. Furthermore, who are you to judge when one has "had their chance to live"? I agree with Pixel Bunnie that whether or not they live should not be determined by another person.

Not all people share the same view that "death ends all suffering" that many of the people on this form have. There are many people who are terrified of the prospect of death.

You are well beyond misinformed. A fetus is a person (at least this is a matter of opinion, I think it is so I will fight hard to keep them alive), a fetus is a human (honestly, it has human DNA, do you think it's a dog or something?) and it is alive from the moment of conception onwards (as in, meets the characteristics of life). Actually, the sperm and egg are alive, too, but they're part of the father and mother (respectively).

Your blood has human DNA too.

Does that mean blood is a living creature or perhaps even a human?

Egg cells and sperm cells are also considered 'alive'. Does this mean things like masturbation or even menstruation are immoral because it 'kills' those living creatures? They have human DNA too.

Edited by Kwinten

Not all people share the same view that "death ends all suffering" that many of the people on this form have. There are many people who are terrified of the prospect of death.

I realise everyone has a different perspective of death, but that doesn't change the fact that one's life should not be fated by another person, nor the fact that the death penalty is immoral; as immoral as the original murder that took place in question.

And guys, can we please keep our views on abortion in the abortion debate.

I realise everyone has a different perspective of death, but that doesn't change the fact that one's life should not be fated by another person, nor the fact that the death penalty is immoral; as immoral as the original murder that took place in question.

I agree that it's immoral, but I believe it's immoral because it's simply not right, not because they should instead suffer.

And guys, can we please keep our views on abortion in the abortion debate.

Agreed.

An eye for an eye makes the world blind.

No one has the right to take away the life of another.

Hmm, no one? If someone comes to your house and gruesomely kills your family, then would you not kill them (ah, it's good to be back :wizard:)?

Now, use the same logic in a courtroom.

Btw, I think you should spend more time telling that to the criminals (y'know, the people who actually do bad things?) :box:.

Sorry about quoting an old post, but in this situation that danoob mentioned, it's self defence. It's different when you're trying to keep yourself alive.

I think it's not safe to let those people roam too freely no matter how long they've been in jail death is the best option

How could you say that? It depends on the crime first of all, and second of all, they don't roam "freely" after jail. Probation, and ankle bracelets take into place after.

A man, frustrated because the IRS took away all of his possession goes and to the IRS office and tries to shoot everyone.

Confronted tot he question "Why?!" The man answers:"I didn't feel those heartless beings deserved to live."

A huge trial, with the ultimate conclusion of the death penalty. Why?!

"Because we didn't feel that heartless man deserved to live."

How can we sentence murder, by following the same logic murderers do.

~Razorlike

Hmm, no one? If someone comes to your house and gruesomely kills your family, then would you not kill them (ah, it's good to be back :/)?

Now, use the same logic in a courtroom.

Btw, I think you should spend more time telling that to the criminals (y'know, the people who actually do bad things?) :rich:.

Sorry about quoting an old post, but in this situation that danoob mentioned, it's self defence. It's different when you're trying to keep yourself alive.

It isn't self-defence when it's 10 years after the fact. :wizard:

I mean, if someone robs me and I punch the living daylights out of him right there, I'm just defending myself. If someone robbed me in 1999 and I, today, punched the living daylights out of him, would it still be self-defence? :box:

The thing about rights is that they are determined by a government (or group of governments). In many places, there are those who do possess that right (under certain circumstances).

Rights are not moral entities. Nobody on this forum seems to be able to grasp that.

I think that death is the end of suffering, and am terrified by it. It's not a one or the other thing. I do fear losing what life I have, not because I believe I have a judgement awaiting, but because this life is all I know. Also, because I can't imagine death being a pleasant experience.

I fear imprisonment more, in that I believe I would suffer more.

I find it amusing and ironic that someone brought up abortion as a comparison to the death penalty. In line of that logic, I am going to put another thought forward, why are some people against abortion but for the death penalty? or against abortion but support firearms? That's food for thought.

Because I don't support firearms as a means of intentional murder. I would never, ever shoot to kill unless the situation really truly required it.

And I doubt there would be such a situation.

Edited by Demon Jelly

If they're "never to be released", totally screwed up and broken (Fritzl anyone?) then I would have no problems with them being shot. If they are truly broken forever then you're saving money, time and other people by getting rid of them.

I do believe that the evidence must be completely damning with little or no element of doubt.

Because I don't support firearms as a means of intentional murder. I would never, ever shoot to kill unless the situation really truly required it.

And I doubt there would be such a situation.

That is you personally; however, the reality is people are shot because of firearms.

No, the reality is that people are shot is because idiots are allowed to posses firearms.

No thats not why. It doesn't matter whether its legal or not anyone who wants a gun and is willing to shoot someone with it WILL get a gun. The only difference is that now you know 90% of the people with guns intend to use it to hurt someone. When i lived in Toronto i could've walked a block handed Diego a wad of 20's and he'd put the gun through my mail slot. He'd even offered a discount once because "business was down that month". If you really think making guns illegal would do ANYTHING to slow down gun violence then you sir are far to sheltered from the real world.

No, the reality is that people are shot is because idiots are allowed to posses firearms.

No thats not why. It doesn't matter whether its legal or not anyone who wants a gun and is willing to shoot someone with it WILL get a gun. The only difference is that now you know 90% of the people with guns intend to use it to hurt someone. When i lived in Toronto i could've walked a block handed Diego a wad of 20's and he'd put the gun through my mail slot. He'd even offered a discount once because "business was down that month". If you really think making guns illegal would do ANYTHING to slow down gun violence then you sir are far to sheltered from the real world.

come live in belgium for a year and you see that what you are just telling is bigger nonsense then most conqpiracy theories

i live in the proof that what you, and all those gun lovers state, is utter bullcrap

i have never seen gun violence in my life

there hardly any gun violence in belgium (that is about 1 shooting incident a week in the whole country including robbery etc)

it works

period

extra edit:

to connect this with the topic

the insane gun and "defence" way of thinking is closely connected with the death penalty

you guys aren't interested in justice

you only want revenge

eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth...

bah

Edited by Egghebrecht

come live in belgium for a year and you see that what you are just telling is bigger nonsense then most conqpiracy theories

i live in the proof that what you, and all those gun lovers state, is utter bullcrap

there hardly any gun violence in belgium (that is about 1 shooting incident a week in the whole country including robbery etc)

it works

period

extra edit:

the insane gun and "defence" way of thinking is closely connected with the death penalty

you only want revenge

bah

In Toronto we had almost 100 shooting deaths in one summer in (2005?). And that doesn't include people who were shot and lived. I'm not sure why Belgium is so different but it obviously is. The fact that guns are illegal here hasn't changed the levels of violence one bit.

it works

period

extra edit:

you only want revenge

bah

In Toronto we had almost 100 shooting deaths in one summer in (2005?). And that doesn't include people who were shot and lived. I'm not sure why Belgium is so different but it obviously is. The fact that guns are illegal here hasn't changed the levels of violence one bit.

solely makign em illegal doesn't get em from the streets

you have to actively take the guns off the street, collect them, fight the trafficking of weapons and such

and the people have to agree with it

if the people still think they need a gun to protect themselves you need to change that first

Edited by Egghebrecht

if the people still think they need a gun to protect themselves you need to change that first

Nobody in Canada has a gun for protection thats the thing. Almost everyone with a gun has it to do some form of illegal activity. As for the rest of your post i completely agree but you still can't blame gun violence on the fact that there legal in America as with Canada anyone who wants a gun will find a way to get a gun.

Nobody in Canada has a gun for protection thats the thing. Almost everyone with a gun has it to do some form of illegal activity. As for the rest of your post i completely agree but you still can't blame gun violence on the fact that there legal in America as with Canada anyone who wants a gun will find a way to get a gun.

depends

in belgium it's rather hard to get

legal or illegal

and i still think it's one of the major reasons for the noticeable difference in "violent" deaths

Edited by Egghebrecht

oh great, one of these.[/notsarcasm]

i believe the current form of death penalty (lethal injection) is not humane, as it can cause extreme pain, if the condemned is not properly sedated, which is easily possible, given how short acting the sodium thiopental is, and the diluting effect of the pancurium bromoxide.

you all obviously think killing is wrong, which is why you would jail a man for murder. but yet a person get's to kill you for killing?

i believe the old saying is "two wrongs don't make a right" though i prefer "an eye for an eye makes the world blind"

i also believe, that abolition of the death penalty, will lead to a more humane, peaceful, and less violent society.

you all obviously think killing is wrong,

I don't think its wrong at all life is overrated infact number 1 on my top 10 ways to die is a big free for all highlander style human hunt. I just don't want killERS running around on my streets therefore we have to either Jail or Kill the things i prefer the latter if they have no reason other then "I felt like killing someone".

i also believe, that abolition of the death penalty, will lead to a more humane, peaceful, and less violent society.

While i may or may not agree with you i'de like to hear the reasoning behind your opinion here.

Edited by Meidou

While i may or may not agree with you i'de like to hear the reasoning behind your opinion here.

it sets a good example, to see that the government doesn't kill other people, to solve their problems.