Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neo Avatars

Changes to Autocasting Spells

@ Egg: Why? They're not amoung the staves that make spells do 10% damage, so wouldn't they go down since they are no longer required to auto-cast spells?

Anyway, I don't get why they'd give us this update now, considering how the uprising of fail-casters is getting pretty bad, but it's still quite a cool update. Auto-casting God spells would probably be very helpful for certain things. :wizard:

You've got to be kidding me.

What? I don't see anything wrong here...

That's really helping afk training.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah like by 1.2k

Doesnt this mean you can failcast curse now?

It doesn't apply to any non-cb spells.

Wut? I thought they said there were taking action against failcasters but they just made it easier! :wizard: Now you don't need a staff, dropping the mage bonus even more in failcasting

Edit: Not that that really does anything anyway

Edited by Curious Pasta

That's really helping afk training.

I repeat myself, by 1.2k

You really don't need to- and shouldn't- repeat yourself. It's just spamming.

I agree, very cool. It now makes mag-rangers more effective.

Yes it does, that's the first thing I thought when I read the update.

This is also very good overall, I think it's one of those updates that will balance out the Combat Triangle.

@ Egg: Why? They're not amoung the staves that make spells do 10% damage, so wouldn't they go down since they are no longer required to auto-cast spells?

autocasting ancients without needing tonns of elemental runes...

I think a lot of ppl missing the point here... Yes you can autocast without staff however if u want to then attack with non-magic weapon you have to switch off autocast to do so therefore this shouldn't affect hybriding too much. That said failcasting is a little bit easier now...

I think a lot of ppl missing the point here... Yes you can autocast without staff however if u want to then attack with non-magic weapon you have to switch off autocast to do so therefore this shouldn't affect hybriding too much. That said failcasting is a little bit easier now...

I think all you have to do is select the attack mode on the weapon tab (when you're autocasting, all the buttons are grey; none of them are lit up), so it's not as hard to change from autocasting to melee attacking.

I really think stuff like the Ancient staff and Ahrim's staff should give a larger damage bonus, while 10% goes to the Mystic Battlestaffs. Full Void Mage should give a huge damage bonus.

That said, awesome update. As a person who loves magic I'm glad it's finally seeing some upgrades. :wizard: Particularly happy to be able to autocast God spells and Iban Blast.

I don't get why everybody hates failcasting. Quite frankly it seems like a good, if slow, method of training magic.

Tapping 5 with your toe to alch is still the best though.

Edited by Superkid711

Like this update, makes using magic a lot easier now. :wizard:

Can't wait for the combat tiangle rebalance, next year.