Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mohorak

World 45 Is Offline- And I Was On It!

The title pretty much says it all- I was at iron dragons doing a slayer task, when all of a sudden, everything freezes and connection is lost. I thought I remembered an update where if you lost connection while playing RuneScape, you're automatically logged out. So I went to World 76, my homeworld. I typed in my username and password, but I came up with this message:

Your account has not logged out from

its last session. Try again in a few

minutes.

I was upset- I was currently maging an iron dragon, and my anti-fire pot was about to run out. I kept trying to log in, but to no avail. I even got on Emo Fringes to see what world Mohorak was on so I could try to log back in that world. Then I saw that Mohorak was on 45, so I logged off of Emo Fringes and went to the World Select screen. There I saw World 45 was down. Offline. Dead.

I still can't log on World 45. Anyone else have this problem and want to rag about it? Anyone have some advice or know what exactly happens to a character while the world is offline? Discuss.

All I can say is rollback.

Nope, it happens alot and there has only been one Rollback that I can remember, and that was the massive world crash Sunday when all worlds went down for a day. When a world goes offline there is a chance that your stuck in that world till it comes online again. I've had it once too, annoying, but nothing to worry about, I doubt you'll loose your stuff. And hey, im a proffesional at dieing, everytime I look back at my screen I'm in Falador. :wizard:

Grrrr... I hate waiting. I wanted to finish my task today!

EDIT: Well, rollover got me up and running :/

I logged in with about 35 hp, but had 2 full baskets of strawberries on hand :box:

I'm fine now, thank goodness it wasn't like rollover +1 minute, or I wouldn't have been able to get on for almost 24 hours :wizard:

Edited by Mohorak

Has happened to me at Gargoyles :wizard:

Intense lag there on the world, someone else was there as well... Then I disconnected and when I checked, more than half the worlds were offline... :x

Logged back in to find myself on almost same health though, minus a few. :/

At least you didn't die. :box:

You won't lose your stuff, don't sweat it.

Though this will seem like nothing when you're on the wave before Jad and you get the the ominous "system update in:...".

Though this will seem like nothing when you're on the wave before Jad and you get the the ominous "system update in:...".

Actually, you do lose items: When a server shuts down without saving, your character's info isn't saved, and the next time you log in, it's like you weren't on at all. The info is saved when you log off, not instantly. I got 81 magic TWICE.

Actually, you do lose items: When a server shuts down without saving, your character's info isn't saved, and the next time you log in, it's like you weren't on at all. The info is saved when you log off, not instantly. I got 81 magic TWICE.

O.o

Actually Jagex has secretly added a new function with the servers that even if there is a sudden shutdown all data from all characters are saved in a temporary system,

It is possible that there are cases of deaths but they are not common.

At least thats what a Mod told me, im talking like 1 or 2 months ago. (maybe less)

-Gaia

Edited by Gaiawolf5

Actually Jagex has secretly added a new function with the servers that even if there is a sudden shutdown all data from all characters are saved in a temporary system

How did I level up to 81 Magic twice, then? I even have the screenshots!