Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
finisterra

Rule Revision

What if I have no idea what the Jagex rules are- Don't tell me I have to read through them :wizard:

RuneScape Rules:

While we cannot punish for breaking RuneScape rules in-game, we will not tolerate discussions of rule-breaking on our forums. You may encourage the breaking of any RuneScape rules, or ask for or give help with the breaking of RuneScape rules. The complete list of RuneScape Rules can be found in the RuneScape Knowledge Base.

Uhh . . . shouldn't it be "You may not encourage the breaking of any RuneScape rules, or ask for or give help with the breaking of RuneScape rules.

Oops! :wizard:

I'm confused about the short URL part. They're allowed if the actual URL is labeled or they're allowed if the link text is labeled? If it's the latter wasn't that always a rule (or has been a rule for a while) around misleading links?

Also the rules don't mention short URLs specifically at all (and the bit about URLs should probably be under linking instead of misleading content).

It's already in the rules under Misleading Content: "On a similar note, all links must be properly labeled, and may not try to mislead the user into clicking them." Recently, there have been some issues with misleading links through TinyURL, so this is really just a reminder that you need to make sure that your links are pretty clearly labeled as to what they are. And there really isn't much need to use TinyURL on Sal's anyways, since you aren't going to hit the character limit.

On a related note, we would like to inform you that using shorthand links (such as Tinyurl) is against the rules unless it's properly labeled.

That's how I just got my first warn :'( I wish this announcement came sooner.

Nice... rules, they're a lot fair-er than the other ones. Hmm, that sentence came out worse than I excpected.

I'm confused about the short URL part. They're allowed if the actual URL is labeled or they're allowed if the link text is labeled? If it's the latter wasn't that always a rule (or has been a rule for a while) around misleading links?

Also the rules don't mention short URLs specifically at all (and the bit about URLs should probably be under linking instead of misleading content).

they don't mention em specificly

we just wanted to remind people about it

yes misleading url via tinyurl also count as misleading links

nothing new really indeed

just a reminder

RuneScape Rules:

While we cannot punish for breaking RuneScape rules in-game, we will not tolerate discussions of rule-breaking on our forums. You may encourage the breaking of any RuneScape rules, or ask for or give help with the breaking of RuneScape rules. The complete list of RuneScape Rules can be found in the RuneScape Knowledge Base.

Uhh . . . shouldn't it be "You may not encourage the breaking of any RuneScape rules, or ask for or give help with the breaking of RuneScape rules.

:box:

I am outraged. While you give Forum Rules a revision, you're ignoring all the members who TRULY deserve a revision, like Mutt! :wizard:

jep i agree he needs to revised

being totally taken apart, cleaned and reassembled might do him good

I need a moderator's opinion, preferrably several.

You may PM me too.

Cross Posting1:

Posting the same topic multiple times is called "cross posting", and will result in the topics being removed, and may be punished as spam.

Question: If someone post a thread in 2005 asking a poll question, even if it's silly, and it closes. In 2008, he makes a new topic, same silly question. Even though the 2005 thread is closed (or violates 7 day bump rule [obv] if posted in), is a warn warranted? Even though he hasn't crossposted before?

But ask yourself this. Does making a new thread off of the same topic of an expired/closed topic count as cross posting?

cross posting refers to active threads, a thread dead since 2005 isn't active :/

just basic common sense :rich:

The rules don't state that if a thread is expired, that it can be reopened on request.

what isn't in the rules can always be requested

and it's up to the mod's discretion to grant or deny it

Let's put those two things together.

So, if a mod warned someone for that, are his actions without grounds?

Also, when common sense has been attempted to been explained to said moderator's falseness, and a warn reduction isn't warranted because this person "did not contact a moderator so that he can re-open the previous thread"?