Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hothead73

Who Likes Riddles?

Okay, so here's how the game will work. I'll start off by posting a riddle, and the person who answers it correctly will then post a new riddle. Don't post a new riddle unless you are absolutely certain that you have answered the previous riddle correctly. If, however, a riddle is posted by someone who answered incorrectly, just go with the flow. I'd rather not start up a big fuss.

Anywhoo...

If it takes 1 man 1 hour to dig 3 holes, how long will it take for 3 men to dig half of a hole?

You can't dig half a hole.

A woman and her dog went to her friend's house in the city. She rode and then she walked. What was the dog's name?

The dog's name is 'rode' I think

Riddle number #3 A death occurred in someone's apartment, there is no blood, no weapons, and there is only glass, the owner didn't commit the crime, and the owner wasn't the one dead. all that is on the floor is some glass and water. Who died?

You can't dig half a hole.

A woman and her dog went to her friend's house in the city. She rode and then she walked. What was the dog's name?

MY guess is

She rode is the girl

and then she is the dog.

Drew has the riddle. So check the post above.

Edited by Sonata of Light

S.O.F got it right. The dog's name was Then She.

The glass?

(I'm sure I'm wrong so no riddle today, guyz.)

Riddle number #3 A death occurred in someone's apartment, there is no blood, no weapons, and there is only glass, the owner didn't commit the crime, and the owner wasn't the one dead. all that is on the floor is some glass and water. Who died?

I believe it is a fish. (Or whatever was in a bowl or something.)

A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?
Edited by dei wei

it was a pear tree, not a plum tree, no plums for you.

I'm on a boat headed for England, on the way i Encounter 5 pirate boats. each pirate captain has 5 crewman and each crewman has a pet.

How many are going to england?

Edited by Drew the Dragonslayer

One. Only I am. Wait, what about people on the same ship as me? I can't be traveling alone to England! But the right answer is 1, so, bleh.

The Pope has it but he does not use it.

Your father has it but your mother uses it.

Nuns do not need it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger has a big one,

Michael J. Fox's is quite small.

What is it?

Solve that, if you do, I hate you.

Edited by Rachel Elizabeth Dare

Their surname.

I welcome the day with a show of light, I steathily came here in the night. I bathe the earthy stuff at dawn, But by the noon, alas! I'm gone. What am I?

A Shadow?

Not quite my friend.

The riddle is still this:

I welcome the day with a show of light, I steathily came here in the night. I bathe the earthy stuff at dawn, But by the noon, alas! I'm gone. What am I?

A Shadow?

Not quite my friend.

The riddle is still this:

It's the sun, correct?

I'm fairly sure I am right, but I have no riddles. Next poster's riddle is the new one, if I am correct.

In that case...

Three men are taken out of prison by the king, because he wants to give the smartest one the chance to get out. He puts them in a line, and they all face in the same direction. (One man can't see the one behind them.) The king then puts a hat on each of the prisoner's heads. The hats are:

<--Men-are-facing-this-way--- Black White Black

Then the king says, "I have put a hat on your head. The hat's color is either black or white. All of your hats are NOT the same color. You may not talk or communicate with each other in any way whatsoever.

So, after a few minutes, where all three of the men did not move, speak, or communicate, the man in the middle spoke up. He said, "My hat is white." He did not guess. How did he figure out his hat color?

My best riddle.. nobody can solve it >:3

Edited by Acz672

He saw the hat of the person infront of him and it was black? So he assumed it was white? Or he looked up and saw that his hat was white. Or, or, or, he saw the King put it on him.

If that's right...

You want to buy something from a store. It costs 97 dollars. You borrow 50 dollars from your father and you borrow another 50 from you mother. You go and buy it. You get 3 dollars as change. You give 1 dollar to your father, and 1 dollar to your mother. Now you owe them 49 dollars each. Yet, 49 + 49 is 98, add the one you have, 99. So where's the other dollar that made it 100?

Their surname.

The answer is dew, I believe.

In that case...
Three men are taken out of prison by the king, because he wants to give the smartest one the chance to get out. He puts them in a line, and they all face in the same direction. (One man can't see the one behind them.) The king then puts a hat on each of the prisoner's heads. The hats are:

<--Men-are-facing-this-way--- Black White Black

Then the king says, "I have put a hat on your head. The hat's color is either black or white. All of your hats are NOT the same color. You may not talk or communicate with each other in any way whatsoever.

So, after a few minutes, where all three of the men did not move, speak, or communicate, the man in the middle spoke up. He said, "My hat is white." He did not guess. How did he figure out his hat color?

My best riddle.. nobody can solve it >:3

Aha! Accidentally found the answer while looking at a riddle site.

The white hat guy (which I will now refer to as WHG) knew the answer because the guy behind him didn't say anything. If the WHG and the guy infront of him had the same color hat, the guy from his back would say something. But the guy behind him didn't know. So WHG knew that the guy infront of him had a black hat, and since they all had different colored hats, he now knew that he was the one with the white hat.

P.S. I'm sure about this, so:

You want to buy something from a store. It costs 97 dollars. You borrow 50 dollars from your father and you borrow another 50 from you mother. You go and buy it. You get 3 dollars as change. You give 1 dollar to your father, and 1 dollar to your mother. Now you owe them 49 dollars each. Yet, 49 + 49 is 98, add the one you have, 99. So where's the other dollar that made it 100?

Try again