Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Keegan

Runescape Is Too Bright!

Well is it just me or is Runescape insanely bright even on the lowest brightness setting?

It seems to be quite a bit brighter for me since RT5. Especially things like the combat level of other players when you right click on there name.

I normally just turn down the brightness of my screen tho, especially at night time.

Robertkills1

AKA

Santa

I've never noticed that... Check your settings again and turn down your monitor brightness.

That's what happens when you live in a basement. :wizard:

Piscatoris is a little less depressing with the brightness. I'd turn down the settings on your monitor, or wear sunglasses while playing. So you can look cool. :wizard:

Honestly, RuneScape doesn't seem that bright to me. It may just be the way your body reacts to light.

1.) Try taking a walk outside. Everyone needs a break from the screen, and the way you view RuneScape may just be because your eyes need a break. You might be straining them too much.

2.) As you pointed out, there's more than one setting. There's always the option to change between the four settings to relax your eyes.

3.) On most common computers, you'll find a Menu button to the right of your desktop. If you click this, there should be an option to turn your brightness down or up, as well as shift where the screen is placed inch by inch.

Sounds like you've just had a little too much RuneScape though. Take a break! Hang out with some friends, play some sports, but don't look at a screen!

Hope that helps.

I have always thought that Runescape is way too dark, even in the highest brightness settings.

+1. It's never bright enough for me. :wizard:

~D

I have always thought that Runescape is way too dark, even in the highest brightness settings.

Especially in areas under ground.

Especially in areas under ground.

Under-ground is tragically dark on high-leveled lighting.

I'm pretty sure there's an adjustable brightness tab on the settings wrench in runescape, go take a look at it or get used to it. When RS took a massive overhaul with new graphics(not classic) bout 2 years ago players had to deal with it, brightness isn't a big deal.

+1. It's never bright enough for me. :wizard:

~D

+2 Agreed ,

lol, maybe he also has a crappy Windows 2000 cpu and his Mum's basement has no lights because she's poor because he eats all of her food and uses all her money.

Jks

usually i cant play runescape on high detail downstairs because my pc is in the consevetry and the sun shines too bright :wizard:

TBH, ever since the update, everything is way too dark. Items are grey and boring.

lol, maybe he also has a crappy Windows 2000 cpu and his Mum's basement has no lights because she's poor because he eats all of her food and uses all her money.

Jks

Id use Win2K over vista any day! :/ but XP is better again :box:

Robertkills1

AKA

Santa

TBH, ever since the update, everything is way too dark. Items are grey and boring.

Yea the rune pickaxe looks like an iron one.

:wizard::box: :/ that aint true

Weird...I haven't noticed hardly any difference in brightness at all since the update. Although I think I have an NVidia graphics card, and they've been having problems with ATI Radions. I'm thinking any changes that started around the time of the release of RuneTek 5 are related to your graphics card, and Jagex is working on compatibility with all graphics cards. They've already released a couple hidden updates to deal with some of the issues. Well, not really hidden, but only posted in the forums.

Edited by Yippee

usually i cant play runescape on high detail downstairs because my pc is in the consevetry and the sun shines too bright :wizard:

Watch for Colonel Mustard with a candlestick. :box:

I've noticed a difference in darkness with some items. Rune bars seem too dull now.

Piscatoris is a little less depressing with the brightness. I'd turn down the settings on your monitor, or wear sunglasses while playing. So you can look cool. :wizard:

I though sunglasses stopped making you cool after Kindergarten. :box: