Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donovan

Machinima Competition - Cast Your Votes!

Can someone link to "man's video"?

There's the Van Gogh one.

And there's the Exodus one with man in it.

i pick arrow

its a shame excl will win cuz of his popularity

honestly arrow deserves it way more then excl :wizard:

I don't think they should have released the names until after the competition! That way, it'd be based on the content instead of the player being or not being famous.

I don't think they should have released the names until after the competition! That way, it'd be based on the content instead of the player being or not being famous.

People would recognise them from their YT names.

Even if it was streamed, one of the rules was to put their name in the video somewhere.

People would recognise them from their YT names.

Even if it was streamed, one of the rules was to put their name in the video somewhere.

No I mean they wouldn't let everyone know the username, they would just put it up there. The players wouldn't put up the video, they would send it in.

Dear god, the line dancing one was amazing (despite being so boring). I marvel at the amount of work put into that, and the sheer thought of trying to get such coordination, but at the same time I feel like it was kinda boring.

Excl's was the best, in my opinion - and I'm kinda surprised it was a top five, too, tbh.

Also, I'm also surprised Man's vid wasn't there - as awful as it was, I laughed pretty hard, especially at the subtle humor in it (which I'm pretty sure was unintentional, but still).

I didn't get the subtle humor, and, as the Jagex mods obviously don't know Man, they probably thought it was just a joke submission totally unworthy of any interest. And if I didn't get it, odds are good the mod who watched it didn't get it either.

What were the jokes in it?

I agree, what were the jokes in Excl's video? I didn't laugh at anything.

You have the sense of humour of a 4 year old :wizard:

While it wasn't the funniest thing I've seen, the few jokes that were aimed at the RS playing audience like his bounty hunter experience gaining ep and his cutting trees are remarkebly true, hence they are funny. Your humour seems to be "lol its funny because we're taking the piss out of people playing runescape", how is something taking the piss out of the voters ever going to win?

There were many parts that should have been funny (ie the audio removal part), but they weren't well executed. Just because my opinion doesn't fit in with the majority doesn't make it any less legitimate. :/ Just because something is "remarkebly true" doesn't automatically make it funny. Not once in this topic did I mention I found mocking people who play Runescape funny.

I also find it ironic that I have the humor of a 4 year-old because I didn't find jokes catered to Runescape's young target audience funny. :box:

Edited by Adam?

The only one that struck me as being amazing was the linedancing, which I think was absolutely incredible: HUGE amounts of effort, co-ordination and friends involved and executed flawlessly. The others were all in the same sort of calibre, with Excl simply 'riding the wave' of his previous popularity methinks.

Gnarly cracked me up, it was quality although I can't believe hes in last :/

I agree, it was great! The kid will have a good future in video making. :wizard:

Here's my order of the top 5 in reverse order:

5) Momma's. Had bits and pieces that were really funny, but it seemed like the usual random video clips put together into a single video that we've seen many times before. Personally I thought Chizle's and Anti's (among others) were better, but it's still a good video.

4) Arrow's. It was well edited and funny, but a lot of it is taken off of a counter-strike Machinima video of an office fight between two old guys.

3) JinJr's ... Amazing, amazing video, but I get the feeling this wasn't actually done in the two weeks the contest started. It's also a lot like his original Riverdance video, but still ... one amazing production piece!

2) KKComics. I get the feeling that if he had Chizle doing the editing for him, that this video would be the runaway #1. Funny as heck and great ideas! This might be the new up-and-comer of RS vids if he can keep it up!

1) Bumshows. I know a few people don't like the voice, but I thought this one was the best. Very funny, amazing editing ... and a catchy tune to boot. I was singing this for days after seeing it. :box:

Fir of all I can't beleive that Excl is on our forums (I'm not active lately) so good luck to you, your video was cool, but I voted for Bumshow probably because of Rap.

This compitition was a real success and don't all of you think that JAgex didn't pick popular video makers on purpose? like chizle or sosolid?

For me it seemed that all but the tapdancing were of about the same quality, all very good but nothing truly special. The tapdancing video was just that :wizard:

Line Dancing should win. The amount of time used on that video is giant.

Although I think the hardest video to make was that Line dancing, it was boring as hell. I didn't have any fun watching it. I voted for TheBumShow, music video make into awesomeness with great editing, lulz voice, and lulz images.

While I said that Excl's video wasn't as deserving as some of the others, let me explain what I meant:

I liked the Linedancing one the most because I like that type of music and I thought that the editing/timing was by far the best. HOWEVER. I really enjoyed Excl's entry AND have enjoyed his videos as much as, if not more than, even Tehnoobshow's. He has a great sense of humor and the other videos I saw were very entertaining. But the 2-minute time limit really did not do the video justice, and I think that if one of his previous videos had been chosen, I would definitely have voted for it. I just like fine arts.

They may not be in the nominations list, but these were all quite good :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrvVma0901I

The last one's pretty immature, but hilarious :wizard:

The third one was great. :box:

I agree with you, Poke! That should have been in the Top 5, if not a possible winner!

Excl's winning just because of his fame and the fact that so many of his subscriber saw the video and voted for it straight away without giving the others a chance, Gnarlie's was definately the best.

As

I would suggest you get your facts correct before opening your mouth.

As I understand it, he has around 3k subscribers, and he is currently beating his nearest opponent by more than 10k votes, so your logic fails there at step 1.

Excl's winning just because of his fame and the fact that so many of his subscriber saw the video and voted for it straight away without giving the others a chance, Gnarlie's was definately the best.

As

I would suggest you get your facts correct before opening your mouth.

As I understand it, he has around 3k subscribers, and he is currently beating his nearest opponent by more than 10k votes, so your logic fails there at step 1.

WgdVids

Style: Video

Last Sign In: 1 hour ago

Videos Watched: 13,892

Subscribers: 31,890

Channel Views: 576,413

31k subs.

But the line dancing one is just really stupid!

In what way?

Guest Emanick

In what way?

In the way that it took more effort to make than anyone should spend during the summer if they have a stereotypical life. :wizard: SO STUPID

And 82, a lot of people who watch videos they like don't even subscribe to them. I bet there are a bunch of people, like me, who have only ever seen videos from Xcel even though they have no subscriptions.

In what way?

In the way that it took more effort to make than anyone should spend during the summer if they have a stereotypical life. :wizard: SO STUPID

And 82, a lot of people who watch videos they like don't even subscribe to them. I bet there are a bunch of people, like me, who have only ever seen videos from Xcel even though they have no subscriptions.

Well, he's only gotten 2,000 more votes than his subscriber count.

Well, he's only gotten 2,000 more votes than his subscriber count.

Yes, and I'm sure it's because every single one of those 30,000 subs methodically logged on and voted for me. :box:

If I had to guess, I would bet not even a third of those subs actually voted. Sort of like how less than 100,000 people have voted in the poll, despite there being several million registered Runescape accounts.

What I don't get is how some people think this is my fault? Like I somehow sent a delta-force strike team of loyal subscribers to Jagex HQ to knock anyone out of the competition with more than 10,000 subs, and then hypnotized the remaining subscribers to go out and vote for me repeatedly? I followed the rules, Jagex made the final selections and then they decided to let the fans vote. How is any of that my fault? :wizard: